• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

My Little Introduction, I guess?

TakuyaTM

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
A name I picked up while roleplaying is Takuya. Not necessarily because of a character of mine from any past RP, but my account for a while on other platforms was centered around Takuya Kanbara from Digimon, and I guess the name stuck with me. I have a few others, but eh. Too lazy to name them all.

How'd you find Star Army?
Literally just found it because I was bored and wanted to check out forum roleplays, lowkey my first time ever deciding to join one, I admit.

What interested you in joining?
I was just bored, and thought that this would be interesting to try out.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
I have done roleplay before, for about 5 years on a few sites. It took a while for me to improve to the point I'm at now, and I'll admit my motivation can become shaky at times depending on my mood. But I try to keep my RP's interesting. I mostly roleplayed as character's from other series', and sometimes made a few OC's.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
Anything notable? Not much that I can think back on. Hopefully this is enough, though.

Hi, welcome to the site! I'm Alex, a GM. I've got a couple of questions to ask to try and help you get started here. The first one is what you're looking to get out of Star Army. Is there anything you're looking to do, some particular character idea you want to play?

The second is whether or not you've joined the discord yet. It's a great way to communicate, and we'd all love it if you popped in. You can find a link to it in the top bar on the forums.

Ah, thanks for responding then Alex. I'm not sure about what I want out of this, probably just want to see what forum roleplay is like, mostly because I've never done it before. As for character's, I looked a bit at the whole character creation thread and it's mostly what interested me in trying this out. Honestly, I'll have to look a bit more before I decide on anything definitely but I can portray a few different types of "characters".

I'll join the discord, but before I make a character I feel like I should familiarize myself with everything and make sure I got most of what I need to know packed in my head before I try.

Hey! So since this is your first time joining a forum roleplay and I don't know what you have and have not read on the wiki, I will throw two helpful links at you!

Active Plots is where you can see all of the active plots. Some are accepting new players while others may not be, but it will be stated in the box. I just updated this and it should be good to go for you:

Characters Wanted is a great place for GMs to say "pick me!" but not every open plot has additions to this page:

Finding a plot is the most important part of beginning in a roleplay. It is then that you can know what type of character (species/occupation/rank/faction) will fit in the plot. That is the best way to start character creation, as then you also have someone to talk to a little when you are stuck. The GM also will do the approving of a character once it's ready and will run the missions, for the most part.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask anything. This thread is a great place to ask questions, bigger lore questions about the whole site can go in the setting discussion forum, but new member help channel on the discord is a great place to get faster, real-time answers.

Hi and welcome, I'm jack another staff member here. Feel free to DM as I am generally available in some capacity all day, with any questions, or need for assistance. We have plenty of races to play as, and numerous cultures developed around them. I hope you find what you are looking for in an RP here, and hope to have a chance to write with you myself at some point.

uvu// Hello!

I'm Arbitrated, most people shorten it to something like Arbs/Arble though. I'm the local smol person and FM of Elysia, a borderline-legacy faction of angel people currently undergoing a... Very, very slow and not-motivated rework. You can still play an Elysian though, if that's something you wanna do!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back