• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission (NDC) Culture and Cadres

Whisper

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:ndc:culture
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Part of the big NDC overhaul, the Culture page and its related page, Cadres, represent a tonal shift in how NDC society behaves.

There's no new tech or anything of the sort in these articles, but we do introduce a handful of friction points and plot garnishes.

As an NDC FM, I approve this submission.

Thanks!

(I cheated on the templates part - I used the basic article pre-gen instead of another template because nothing seemed like a more solid fit. It requires a URL and that one is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct ,as we all know)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alright I'm handling this one.

Only really have 1 thing. When reading the culture section, it seems like Cadre's are not an 'automatic' thing for non-clones? If that is the case, then it would be best that in the summary at the top it is explained that this is a primarily clone social structure that non-clones are not put into by default.

Hey Syaoran, thanks for taking a look!

I added a few lines to the 'Cadre' section of the page to try to clear that up. The intention is that everyone in the NDC belongs to a Cadre of some sort, but non-synthetics aren't automatically part of one.

Okay took me a moment of confusion. But the critique I had made was actually for the Cadre page. I had accidentally clicked on that link without realizing and thought it was the main article up for approval. Well with that said though do you want to go ahead and get both articles out of the way at the same time? The main article looks fine and I don't really see any problems with it.

Ah - I added a bit to the Cadres and Cadre Structure page, as well. Thanks for the call out there.

Yes, if you could review both pages, we'd appreciate it!

FWIW, when I wrote the page on the cadres, I'd intended it that they were originally created by the "natural" inhabitants of the NDC, and that following that, "synthetics" began to fill them up as they became the majority. I believe that was at least implied in the history section, but I concede it could have been more clear.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back