• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [NDC] Multiculturalism effects on the Food and Holidays.

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:ndc:culture:multiculturalism_in_the_ndc
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Early on, I’d created this page because I was worried about the food situation in the NDC. They only had one food item at the time, and even that appeared limited. I had seen Whisper and Kore talking about the cuisine, and I know Rawolfe is also working on something that this page will be included on. I should mention that there were two multiculturalism pages, one for food and one for the Holidays. I have since merged these two, mostly to save time and pages. Also, Jack Pine and Whisper both know and had seen this page.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Faction Management needs to stamp. The official review will follow that.

It's a little odd how all the images are of sushi, the variety of food images don't really seem to follow the multi-culturalism the article is about. Maybe we could switch some of them up?

I didnt want to have them stack in one place and i didnt see many articles with food art. If you do find something let me know!

I know a bunch of free stock image sites, give me a wishlist and I can probably come up with some stuff.

Thank to Hyralt, i have added the pizza to the page, and Wes, I’ll probably need
burger
fries
meat, so steak or something like that
oh rice
I got pizza thanks to Hyralt, and maybe pies of some kind.

You got a lot more picture diversity which is good.

1. The article has a lot of readability issues and grammar problems. For example, the Yamatai section is very awkward... but really this extends through the entire article.
  2. I think the holiday sections could be rewritten to integrate the links into the paragraphs instead of having them as bullet points.
  3. I think it would be nice to see more than just the impact of food and holidays, maybe something about fashion, mannerisms, and languages too? (There was a great thread that came up recently on the forum about the fashion of each faction)

I wanted to make a quick update that the top three issues were corrected. The grammar issue i truly hope is corrected.

Last edited:
Hi Charaa,

I hate to send you back on this again, but there are still a lot of readability issues and grammar problems in this submission. I'd be happy to help you out when I get some free time in the next day or so.

Thanks,

Is this ready for review now @Charaa ?

So I used the grammar check program, and my fingers are crossed. I seriously hope grammar-wise, and readability-wise everything is good. The level of seriously hope is extremely high it's not even funny heh.

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back