• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [NDC] R4D0N

Noodlewerfer

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=items:character:power_armors:r4d0n
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Alright, this is my first technology submission, the infamous Strontium armor. I should note it's not intended for mass production, it's only intended for use by one character (but that character lives in the NDC). It's meant to double both as power armor and as a remotely controlled robot, so I just put it under power armor.
Also another thing, I'm not really sure what happened with the WIP link. It was supposed to be a WIP page, but I guess it was moved out of the WIP section before it was submitted. In either case, it's supposed to be a WIP page right now.

Whisper Edit: Fixed the links

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
From the style guide (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:style#general_principles):
"Follow all section headers with text (not images, lists, or tables).
  1. Use complete sentences."

I put little Fix me! indicators where that text should be inserted.... But I also wanted to tell you that you don't need to submit this- you can though!- because this is for one character. It could go in that character's namespace like this: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:antoinette:r4don

BUT whatever you want we can do : ]

I fixed all the headers that weren't followed by text. I remember I was told I had to submit it even though it's only for one character, it's still technically a completely new armor that wasn't based off a previously existing one and has a rather unique freely formable shapeshifting system that isn't used on other armors to the same extent.

It is up to you what you would like to do. Unless Wes told you that this is the way to submit it, the choice is yours.

Please get rid of “This is where you will describe how the user operates this power.”

Quantum entanglement in this context sounds like a new form of faster than light travel. Please find an alternative for the drone’s mode of travel.

This article is severely underlinked. It should be able to link to a lot more articles but really only links to durandium and the creator. Increase other sarp wiki links within the article.

What is the purpose of creating this? What does it add to the setting beyond a personal pa?

I think I still want to submit this, it's an individual PA but it isn't like other PAs. The purpose is admittedly to be used as a personal PA, however I wanted to create this because it has abilities other PA don't have. Think about something like the T-1000 Terminator, only it can't dissolve into a puddle. Other PAs that do have the ability to morph parts of themselves can generally only morph small portions or can only morph those parts into pre-determined shapes. This one is able to freely form its exterior into any shape it has enough material for so long as the humanoid "chassis" is still intact (that's why it's still humanoid in form).
Please get rid of “This is where you will describe how the user operates this power.”

Quantum entanglement in this context sounds like a new form of faster than light travel. Please find an alternative for the drone’s mode of travel.

This article is severely underlinked. It should be able to link to a lot more articles but really only links to durandium and the creator. Increase other sarp wiki links within the article.

What is the purpose of creating this? What does it add to the setting beyond a personal pa?

Fixed the first part.
Quantum entanglement is only involved with remotely controlling the drone, it isn't at all involved with its propulsion or mode of travel. As stated in mobility,
As for aerial mobility, it utilizes an inertial control system and thrusters that can be moved around the armor by the nanobots if needed.
The armor only uses thrusters, inertial control, and its joints for mobility. It isn't FTL-capable.
Could you give me some examples of articles to link? I tried looking through the article, but the creator, material, and year links were the only ones I could think of to link in the armor's page.

Approved.

I took my sweet time thinking about this, sorry, but you're right that there isn't much else to link, that isn't FTL, and please don't utilize the technology found therein (especially durandium reforming) outside of this submission without another submission.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back