• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [NDC] Survival Preparedness Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm looking at this, and I'm not entirely sure that this could all fit in a backpack or other thing that someone could carry, and it's also got a lot of things that don't really make much sense to me. I'm not entirely sure why a survival kit would have shield grenades and a shield pylon. I'd encourage you to remove things that you don't absolutely need to survive.

I'm also not sure how it fits 3 weeks worth of water (63 liters, or 3 liters per day for 3 weeks) and 3 weeks worth of rations (63 rations, or 3 rations per day for 3 weeks). Maybe you could cut down on the amount of time, and switch from water to water purification tablets?

A liter of water weights 1kg, so that means the water alone is 63 kilograms or 138.89 pounds. That amount of water would take up a space of .5 x .5 x .252 meters or about 20x20x10 inches or the size of a large cake box. I mean, you can make this thing as big and heavy as you want but presumably you want something an individual survivor can comfortably carry.
AA_B5_000.png
I've watched a decent amount of videos about survival kits on Youtube and a frequent theme is "how small can I make a kit that's still functional?"

Anyway, the real issue here besides the size and scope of the kits being unclear is that a significant portion of it is directly copied from my Star Army Type 31 Survival Kits article I wrote. I ran both articles through a plagiarism detector website and it found that the article is 23% the same.

1614482710231.png

1614482829725.png

1614482652288.png

You can't just copy-paste my stuff, change a few things and then submit it for the NDC. Make your own stuff.

Submission rejected. You can resubmit when it's original work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back