• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[NDM] Return to Ravana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
>ON Tours of Yesterday: The Return to Ravana

The Ravanese Homeworld had been liberated by the Norian Defense Ministry, but it would be years before anyone could even consider recolonizing the world. Even from space the nucleated ash clouds hung over the once lavished cities of the world. Its swirling violet skies even more turbulent, plasmatic arching tendrils of lightning rolled through the cloud cover as the pilot brought the shuttle down. The protecitve blue sphere of the shuttle's shield barrier visible as debris brushed against it. The shuttle's niranium hull relfected the streams of lightning, as well as the raging fires that burned in Surrune below. In the aft section of the shuttle, Genovus sat with his head turned towards the viewport, his fingers tightened upon Alliyahs as he watched the hollowed remains of skyscrapers drift past the windows. This had been their home, their life's work and now it lay in ruins.

Alliyah had no idea what to expect as the shuttle was brought down, she realized it wasn't going to be a pretty sight as it once was. There home, the place where they had wished to raise there children. The safe little bubble that was theres, was no longer. Her eyes glassed as Genovus tightened his grip around her, she peered below at a clearing where she could only assume a building had crumbled. "Is this it?" She tilted her head and gazed at the mess before her, ash swirled over the once fruitful grounds, the air filled with smog, blazing fire's had taken what ever was left standing leaving just a wasteland before them. It was a horror to see. A tear rolled down her cheek as she leaned her head against his shoulder. "What have they done?" She sniffled a little. All that work, amounted to nothing in that moment.

Genovus sighed, watching as the Citadel came into view. The magnificent tower now lay on its side, breached and broken. A single tear slipped down from Genovus's left eye as they flew over their once beautiful home. "The Silori didn't give it up, the NDM had no choice but to bomb the cities to drive them off..." Genovus pulled himself up out of his seat, he leaned his head into the cockpit. "Sel'Vousta Trysia, can you open the rear hatch?" Genovus asked, knowing that the radiation levels were high. (Trysia) "I can sir, but only for a few minutes..." The pilot responded, the blonde haired and green eyed Norian adjusted the shuttle's course for another fly-by. (Genovus) "Thank you." He turned back and motioned Alliyah to join him, the reason they had come. A small niranium canister with the sigil of the Vesper family sat on the empty seat on the port side of the shuttle. He picked the canister up. A hiss of the airlock unsealing and the aft ramp-hatch of the shuttle began to open. The air that rushed in smelt of ash and smoke. Ravana had been burning.

She nodded to his words, deep down she new all along what had happened, she just didn't want to think about it. She watched as Genovus stood and asked the pilot to open the hatch as he held the canister, her lip buckled as she felt a sudden overwhelming feeling, everything they had been through... Ravana wasn't just Home, it was the beginning, there begining and now it was at it's end... The shuttled turned about as Citadel came into view, her heart sunk with sorrow at what it had become, the memories of there first morning together by the waterfall manifested in her mind, a memory that she would always keep locked safe in her heart along with Ravana and noone could take that away from her. She moved with his motioning to be by his side, clutching his arm as the hatch hissed open, her long locks swept back over her shoulders with the harsh smoggy breeze that nearly knocked her off her feet, her emerald orbs squinted out at the ashy scene, tears streaming down her cheeks.

(Trysia) Trysia monitored the radiation levels as the rear hatch opened, she manuver the shuttle to pass over the Citadel again. The shuttle's FAI engines leaving hot violet afterburns in the air. (Genovus) "All my life..I was a moderate. I dreamt of the Federation opening its arms to the other nations and races of the galaxy in unity." Genovus said quietly, pulling the handle on the canister upwards. "When I said I was going to help in Ferrai...She begged me not to go. I thought she was just trying to push her views onto me. I argued with her." Genovus's eyes filled with tears as he looked out over the broken city of Surrune. "All she wanted was her family together." Genovus uttered, remembering the argument they had. "Now I hate them, I hate them for what they caused to happen that took my little girl from me. May the Cli'cha...May the Xavier and those that triggered this loss suffer. I want their childern to die in their beds. May their homes and cities burn with their love and hope lost within their ashes. I will never forgive them for what they caused." He tossed the canister out the airlock. When it began its fall, its to blew the ashes of his daughter sprayed through the air falling to the city below. "I give you back to the home you loved." Genovus said painfully, his hand clutching at Alliyah's arm as he watched.

Alliyah felt hopeless as she listened to his words, so much hate, but wasn't that understandable? For he had lost far more than just home, he lost his daughter and it pained her, it angered her to no end that they sat happily loving the time with there young, yet he would never have that time with his child again, here they were saying goodbye to her. "O shor eilar shi ail os caes.." (You will alway's be in our hearts) She simply said after Genovus had spoken. They both watched as the canister fell and exploded with streams of swirling pale ash that seemed to linger in the air a moment before fading into the atmosphere. She dropped her head, nuzzling his arm. "They will get what they deserve..one day.. they will feel the pain they have inflicted upon us all." Her hand gently slide down and laced her fingers with his with a reassuring squeeze.

The alarm began to sound for the radiation and the hatch began to close. Genovus sighed, heading back to the seat where he had sat. He looked to Alliyah and said quietly, "Their feudal life, is a life of loss...punishment in itself is their primitive nature." Genovus then ordered the pilot. "Proceed to the next waypoint." (Trysia) "Aye sir, proceeding to second set of coordinates." The pilot changed the shuttle's course heading towards the wilds of Ravana's heartland. Far from the bombed cities the radiation levels were lower and safer there which would allow them to land. (Genovus) "I think you will like where we are going." Genovus said, a slight smile forming through the tears. The scenery quickly changed as the shuttle zipped away leaving the city far behind it. Towering evergreens lines the landscape, rolling hills and rocky ledges overlooked crystalline lakes. It was hard to believe it was the same planet even. Finally the shuttle began to land. A river tembled over a rocky ledge into a small lake below. It was place where he as a young Admiral stopped Alliyah from ending her life.

Alliyah felt his anger, his pain as much as he, for that day when they had first met it was although there soul had joined, never had she felt a bond so strong.. She nodded softly as she went back to her seat beside him, the hatch now closed she could finally breathe again. She couldn't help but feel the need to be close to him, even though he sat beside her she leaned against him. The scene slowly began to change the further away from the city they got. Her emerald eye's glowed bright as she recognized the area, her favorite place in the universe, untouched, the ozzing tranquility that vibed from nature itself, rich greenery surrounded the shuttle as it lowered to touch down. "It's still here?!" Her heart almost skipped a beat with joy... "You remembered?" She smiled faintly, reaching her hand up to her cheek to dry away the rolling tears. "It feels like only yesterday..." Her words trailed off into a content sigh. Although that day started as painful as the scenes she had just witnessed it ended with faith in her life, faith that things would get better.

Genovus said quietly, "Yesterday's yesterday...seems like a lifetime. Time and time again, we forget what it is that made us. I forgot that when I left for Ferrai..." His words dripped with regret. The airlock hissed open again and the fresh air of Ravana's Wild drifted into the shuttle. He stood up and walked quietly out into the ankle high grass that grew at the edges of the small lake. "I remember you that day.." he said quietly, "You were so caught up, so lost in your world of pain..." He looked out over the lake, "But you didn't really want to die, you wanted to be saved..." He looked back, icy blue eyes searching hers.

Her love for him had always remained, no matter how hard the trials set before them brought them down, she could never be without him or his love. She shook her head momentarily. "I know.. But you did your best and thats all anyone could of asked for. All you wanted to do was help and that is why I love you, your warm heart you open it in those in need even if it hurts you in the process.." She smiled softly "That and your devilish charm." She giggled a little as she got up from her seat, hatch door hissed open, she hopped down and moved towards the waters edge, not far behind him. "Hmm I think I felt that.. If my life was so important... Something would happen in that time to save me, I didn't wish to be saved, nor did I want to die.. I just wanted it to end?" She frowned a little.. "But you came.. My Knight in shining armor. And I will never take that back, not for anything in this world or the next." she spoke softly as he turned back, her glassy pools lost within his.

"Sometimes, even the knight in his shining armor needs to be saved." Genovus said quietly. "Unfortunately, come three days from now all that is here will be gone.." He said quietly, "The winds are going to shift, sending the radioactive ash plume over this place and it will never be here again." A rumble could be heard as the shuttle's engines began to activate again, and the shuttle would begin to take off. A few yards away, energy rippled from the ground as a site to site transport activated. A medium sized cargo container marked with the NDM logo on it materialized. "And I plan to enjoy..every moment of those three days." He looked at the container and back to her.

She sighed and took in every piece that she held dear. "I'm am here love, no matter how distant we were I was always here, we lost our way.. but I never left" Her smile turned into a slight pout, her lips curved sadly as he spoke about it vanishing within three days. Her eye's followed the shuttle as it seemed to start its engines and take off. "Wait?! We are staying here?" She exclaimed, showing slight confusion. "Is it safe?" She looked back towards him as the cargo container landed.. she couldn't help but chuckle at his last comment.. "Oh do you now?" The corner of her mouth quirked into a devious smirk as she narrowed her eyes at him. "In that?"

< PAUSED

> Con't.

Genovus crooked his right eyebrow, his slenderly pointed ears twitched as he chuckled at Alliyah's inference that they would be spending their time in a cargo container. "Come help me unload this stuff, and I'll think about letting you sleep with me in the tent rather than in the cargo container." He grinned as he looked in her direction, then back at the container. He pressed his hand against the interface and the cargo pod's door opened. Inside was their camping and hiking gear as well as food supply crates with enough to last them the three days.

Genovus grabbed the tent bag, and threw it over his right shoulder and headed towards the sand beach that edged the small lake. He pulled the drawstring and pulled the Military Tent out of its bag. It was not long before he was on his knees connecting poles and looping them through the synthetic fabric loops of the tent.

"If we hurry, we can get camp setup and have some dinner before it gets dark." Genovus called out to her from the beach. Still inside the cargo pod, was the crates (with food, clothing and other supplies), screen house and their collapsible lounge chairs.

Alliyah giggled softly, her cheeks flushed a pale rose in color as he teased. She raised both hands up scraping back her long locks into a loose bun so it didn't get in her way. "Oh you'll think about it?" She replied with a cheeky grin. "Eh.... maybe I want to sleep in there, beats getting bitten by bugs.." She poked her tongue out at him as she passed him and made her way into the cargo pod, grabbing a sack that contained there Screen House, she carefully looped the handle over her shoulder and scooped up a food crate at the same time.

Alliyah wanted to get unpacked as soon as possible, they only had three days after all... And then her favorite place in the whole world would be gone forever. She hurried back towards Genovus with a slight huff as she plonked the create down along with the sack. "You ok there?" She smirked as she watched him fiddling with poles and tent material.

Genovus muttered as he futzed with the poles, "Yeah, yeah...I'll be fine. Why don't you put the screen house up since you are such an adept professional?" He smirked and with a few more curses, some luck and a little bit of improvisation the tent was up. It was a dome-style with a rain fly and had the NDM's logo on its waterproof fabric near the door.

"I got dinner tonight, but you have to cook breakfast." He snickered, nearly afraid to see how she fared at camp cooking. He got back up and headed back to the cargo pod and began to haul their clothing, sleeping bags and other stuff into the tent. Before entering he unzipped his boots and tossed them off into the beach sand, wiggling his toes around in the warm powdery beach.

It was fairly cool, the breeze off the mountains kept things at a comfortable temperature and as usual Ravana's temper tantrum swirl of clouds above threatened at any moment to unleash its fury of rain and ionic storms on them. But in it all it was home, the chirp of birds in the towering ever greens, the faint cry of animals from the forest. It tugged on Genovus's heart strings to think that soon it would be gone.

She crossed her arms and grumbled at him. "I've never put a screen house up in my life!" Her emerald orbs glanced over the sack as she bent down and undone the draw strings. 'Where the hell does this go?' She thought to herself as she pulled out one of the several different sized poles. Her lips pursed slightly as she yanked out the rest of the gear, looking up at his perfectly put together domed tent.

Half an hour had passed by, at this time she had put it together and collapsed it several times, but eventually her hard work had payed off. She glared up at Genovus as he passed her a few times. She wasn't particularly upset with him, it was more in a joking manor. Her eye's narrowed at his facial expression when he mentioned about her cooking breakfast. "I guess that is a fair deal.." She replied suspiciously, secretly preying he too, could cook a decent meal as she was absolutely starving at that point.

She got up after securing the last tie to the screen house and breathed out "Tah dah!.. Aren't you proud of you amazingly talented wife?" She joked.

Genovus watched her every move, between trips back and forth to the cargo container. It was amazing, even after years of marriage the two were still in many ways practically strangers. The pressures of command and politics had robbed them of truly living, it was like some kind of revival, watching her struggle for some reason flew sparks for him. He grinned from ear to ear and disappeared into the tent to sort their sleeping bags. Rather than leaving them separate he opened them up and zipped their edges together to make one larger sized sleeping bag.

When he heard her exclaim her victory over the Screen House he poked his head out of the tent, his spiky platinum hair a bit of a mess from the static of the sleeping bags. "Well I'll be damned, well you did a good job..question is how will it hold up to the wind." He pointed at the bag of pegs she had neglected to use to stake the Screen House down. "Unless you want it to fly away." He laughed, amused at the image of Alliyah chasing after the tumbling Screen House.

Genovus finished up in the tent and crawled out of it. "I packed you some civilian clothing..." he said, wanting to get out of his uniform as soon as possible. "Bug spray is in your hiking pack in the front pouch." he grabbed his own hiking pack and tossed it down beside the tent where he proceeded to begin stripping.

He unzipped his overcoat and tossed it into the pile and began removing the bodysuit. It wasen't long before the platinum haired Norian was stark naked, enjoying the cool breeze as it brushed across his chiseled flesh. "Much better..." he said, leaning over to fish around for some of the civy clothing he had packed for himself.

Alliyah hadn't noticed him nip inside the tent and was pleasantly startled by his head that popped out, with his usually impeccable hair style all fluffed up. She giggled, humored by the sight, before he mentioned the missing pegs. "Well, shit! I didn't know!" Her eyes fell on the tiny bag beside her. She new she had missed something but was totally distracted by her little piece of art that stood beside her, she fished around in the bag for the pegs and hurried around the Screen House plugging them and the thin rope securely into the ground. "There all done." She grinned towards him as she lent down to grab her own hiking pack, wondering what kind of attire he'd put in there.

She pulled out a pair of cut off shorts, and top from the pack, her eyes slightly widened at the top as she looked up at him to veiw his eye popping physique. "Seriously?" She waved the minute garment at him. "Is it that hot?" She giggled as she undone the clips to her boots and flung them beside the Screen House. Her sleek body suit seemed to be giving her some trouble as the zip was placed along her back, she huffed as she struggled . "A little help if you please?" She found herself grinning as her eyes fell in his direction once more, in the hopes he would come to her rescue.

Genovus chuckled, pulling out a pair of loose fitting khaki-style shorts and a black button-down top. He pulled the shorts on, and tugged the shirt over his shoulders leaving it open to leave his toned stomach and chest exposed. He didn't bother with the sandals he had packed for now as he walked over to help Alliyah.

He moved behind her and gently gathered her hair and tossed it over her left shoulder as he fiddled with the zipped of her body suit. He breathed her in and smiled at her scent, finally winning the battle with the zipper and drawing it downwards. He pressed himself lightly against her back and tilted downwards so his cheek was against hers, looking over her right shoulder. He smiled and whispered, "If it wasn't for the mosquitoes, I'd just have you go naked." He turned his head and kissed her cheek before pulling back.

She beamed as she felt him close to her, savoring his tender touch as he brushed her hair to her left and gently unzipped her suit. She leaned her head towards his cheek as he tilted towards her. It had been a while since they had been alone together for longer than a few minutes. There lives were complicated and strained at the best of times and she found herself gradually relaxing a little, everything around them seemed to be still, there little haven was as peaceful as it was back then, it was as if nothing had changed.

She started to remember why she loved this man, his grin, his devilish humor, he attracted her like a bee to the sweetest of honey. As he backed away she slowly begun to slip out of her uncomfortable suit, the breeze swept over her smooth flesh leaving her to shudder as the zipper revealed her petite slender figure, it was a pleasant, refreshing feeling to be out of her tight uniform, to be free. She couldn't remember the last time she wore civilian clothing . "I wouldn't of put it past you." She replied to his comment as she shuffled her shorts on. "I was expecting my pack to be empty..or filled with lingerie." She chuckled, finally slipping her top over her head and arms. "Hmm comfy." She stretched teasingly and turned towards him. "What are we going to do now? Dinner maybe?".

Genovus smiled, letting go of her. He looked out across the lake, the twin suns had begun to settle behind the peaks of the mountains. The reds and oranges intermixed and danced with the soft violet tinge of the clouds, they had three days. On paper it looked like it would of been enough, but as he looked towards Alliyah and watched as the colors painted on her pale complexion -- he knew it would never be enough.

A sigh escaped his lips, they couldn't dwell on it or they would spend these days sunken into melancholy. He said quietly, "I think there's some soup packets in one of the crates, ill grab some wood while you setup the kitchen in the screen house." He kissed her cheek lightly and turned heading towards the treeline of the forest.

Alliyah frowned slightly in reaction to his sigh, although she new the feeling, the area was beautiful, the perfect setting and it ate away at her that they would have to walk away from it all. There time was so precious and she would be damned to waste it. "Ok, soup it is." She said with a soft smile as he kissed her cheek and disappeared into the forest to fetch wood.

The crate was full to the brim of packaged foods, her dried berries included, bottled water and a rather large bottle of Norian Brandy. She grabbed the crate with both hands and made her way into the Screen House, setting it down beside the unpacked collapsible table. "Well looks like we forgot something." She said quietly to herself as she began to prop it upright, which was pretty simple, nothing like the Screen House.

After unpacking the soup sachet's, bowls, and a pot she turned towards the outdoors, the veiw seemed to capture her attention as the twin suns begun to gradually fade beneath the treeline. 'Why did this have to happen?" She asked herself quietly. 'Such a shame..'

Genovus began picking up dry loose timber that had fallen to the forest floor, avoiding the moss covered logs that he knew would not burn. As he followed the path through the forest he could not help but to feel as if he was being watched. He knew that there was no one left, least no one that showed up on the NDM scanners left on Ravana save for him and Alliyah. He shook his head and kept walking.

Genovus had always loved the outdoors, stopping to enjoy the occasion animal like the flying squirrels that leap from tree to tree gliding light starfighters between them. This world would soon become as most worlds the Silori had occupied had become, a barren wasteland unsuitable for supporting life. Radiated, and damaged, there was an ambiance about this place...one of the last sanctuaries of the Ravana that was.

Upon the wind, a song as faint as the shuffle of the leaves in the canopy above sang. Tanirra watched as Genovus gathered wood. Like her brethren she had begun to fall victim to Ravana's bleeding gashes. But still she sung, the will of the fiends had been done. The two Keepers of Ravana had returned -- hopefully returned to save them.

The birds cry broke the song, but Genovus had sworn he heard music. He looked around, wondering if his imagination had gotten the better of him. He sighed and turned back heading towards the camp beside the lake.

Alliyah stepped out into the center of there camp, she wondered where best to set the fire, although Genovus probably had that all figured she was at a loss of thought, she tried to keep her mind occupied as best possible. He would not be gone long but it was long enough to dwell on what had become of there home. Realization had finally set in, there trip to Ravana started off on a rather awful note, the loss of his daughter made her wince inside, she hoped that he would be free of the turmoil that surrounded her death, if only but the three days that they were there. To her it didn't seem selfish to think that way, she missed his smiles deeply, she wanted him to be happy and at peace with all her heart.

Her glistening eyes fell upon the treeline that was set just a little way back behind there camp, and waited to see a disturbance. For some reason she just didn't want to be alone as her thoughts disturbed her. Genovus was the only person in the universe she could be herself with, no one ever really new her like he did, everything was always well mannered and structured at home, she was glad she could finally breathe and be herself.

Genovus returned, and began placing the wood in a pile and surrounded it with rocks from the lakeside. It was only a few moments before he had the fire lit and the slow burning wood was popping and snapping as what little moisture it had was driven from it. He looked up at Alliyah and said, "Grab some water for the pot." he reached into his pocket, tossing her a couple purification tablets to treat it with.

"Its funny, I could of swore I heard music when I was in the woods." He said, near absently not really making much of a deal of it. "It was strange, such a sorrowful song." He piled a few more pieces of wood onto the fire and then setup the two collapsible chairs on the side of it so that they could look out over the lake.

She found herself lost in a daze for a moment and only snapped out of it as she heard Genovus's voice. "Sorry, I was.... day dreaming." She mused. "Hmm.. you heard music? But.." She found herself lost for words and paused for a split second. "That's impossible? Right? I mean there is no one else here?". She thought about it long and hard, there used to be rumors of some kind of musical sounds heard deep in the thick of the forest but that was when the planet was populated, and could have easily been mistaken for somebody playing such notes. "I wonder.." She shook her head eradicating the thought from her mind. "I'll go get the water." She said as she caught the two purification tablets in her right hand.

Alliyah picked up the pot from the Screen House on her way to the waters edge, wading in to her knee's, the sand tickled and seeped between her toes as she steadied herself, using the pot to scoop up the water. She looked back and smiled as Genovus continued his manly fire building and winked. "You should come in.." She grinned again.."The waters great" She smirked teasingly, as she carried the pot back towards the sandy ridge.

Genovus smiled, "Yeah, its impossible...the Fleet would of detected another presence." he sat down in the chair, a sigh of relief breathed from his slightly parted lips. "I thought a swim after dinner would be nice." He responded to her statement about the water being nice. Lower and lower Ravana's twin suns began to sink, the shadow had begun to creep from the places beneath the trees, behind the rocks. The first star already visible even with the sky still bright enough to still be considered dusk.

He reached for the pot and set up on the tripod they had brought, letting the warmth of the fire lick at the bottom of it to bring the water to boil. He sat back up and reached for Alliyah and pulled her into his lap, cradling her petite form almost like that of a child. He looked down into her eyes with his own icy blues, a gaze locked with emotion. He whispered quietly, "Ai jhyli o, my first." His head bowed, brow resting lightly against hers as his left hand brushed slowly up her legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back