• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Nemesis Bastion (SAoY Base - Siren System)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok! Before i put up the checklist i have just one thing that could use some clarification. @Andrew

The article states that the base is essentially "an effective military city secretly placed in the underground of the rocky terrestrial world." And then lists distances between the various facilities and points.

These distances make nemesis bastion less of a "base" or "City" in comparative size and scale and more of a wide expanse of territory with multiple bases and positions that contend and area of almost 800 square miles (give or take). For scale, the entire city of new york and its sub-provinces take up roughly 300 square miles for comparison. I'm not saying they need to cozy up to one another or even be within a couple of dozen miles but it's a weird flex to have them so considerably far apart and still consider them as the same base unit even with high-speed transit.

Since the caverns are using natural volcanic made formations in the rock, they had to deal with the fact they were not necessarily close together. Nature didn't hand them the easy button when it came to these deep underground formations and to carve out artificial ones would have taken more time than having the high-speed transit between them. It also leaves in the fact there are expansion zones which are mentioned as it this something I plan to make significant add ons too.

Plus X-1 really isn't part of the base, it is an exit point and the end of the transit line used for emergency escape.

I've added the following line to provide clarity:

The main base is the Kotoku Cathedral, while the Irim and Adlich facilities are considered satellites.

New York is TINY.
Shanghai is almost 2500 square miles and Beijing is almost 7000. Even LA is almost twice the size of New York, London is about twice, and Columbus Ohio is almost as big.

That's all it needs then, andrew~

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED
Please make sure that the articles are properly backlinked as to avoid any issues in the future and they make their way onto the appropriate pages such as technology encyclopedias where applicable, Lists for starships, planets, equipment, and anything relevant to these systems and planets that it should be properly listed on. ?

[ ✅ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✅ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✅ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✅ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✅ ] 5. Remind the submitter to link to the newly-approved page wherever it makes sense to do so.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back