• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Nepleslia and mutants.

ShotJon

Hi folks, so I have heard that there be mutants between nepleslia's citizens. Are we talking about ugly, clawy things or just people with weird teeth or three eyes? I want to know since it would be interesting ot have mutant as PC. Were mutants ever in RP, is there some wiki to it? PLease help me out.

No, mutants have not been well detailed but I'm thinking it's a bit of both of those types, Shotjon.

There was, briefly, a mutant character in Tom's Street Life plot. She was fairly normal but had a few predator-like fleshy tendrils sprouting from her shoulders and back of her head amidst her hair that fell down to the upper back.

Other than that mutants haven't been a big part of the roleplay. The level of pollution, integration of species and whatnot in Nepleslia certainly facilitates them, but the area of roleplay is largely undefined at the moment.

What do you think of a random mutation generator for those who might be interested?

I don't think it's a terrible idea, but the window of mutation available to characters is quite large. Making a generator would be nice to give people a general idea of what they can do with mutants, though; sort of like a good set of examples that players can build off of.

That sounds nice. Or maybe a little article about them. I mean the player could kinda use a knowledge if mutant has to be horrific crab creature or if it can look like Mystique from X-men. I mean some folks, me one of them might be interested in playing one of them in future and well I would not want to play mutant that looks like something out of Lovecrafts books. Just saying.

@Ametheliana has started to make strides on this (as well as a handful of characters created recently by folks like @Primitive Polygon and @Whitehart ), but I was wondering how people felt in particular about the mutation group becoming more noticed/notified. I mean, we got people like Letty who are full-blown goblin racoon things... and then someone like Joe who just has bat ears. So it's definitely a cool thing to discuss among Nepleslian players who may or may not want Nepleslia's SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES highlighted (luv u doods tho) in the wiki as a minority population. All that alien blood gotta be rep'd!

I would be totally down to throw together a wip if nobody else wants to! Mutants add a lot to the potential variety of characters IMO and there are a whole bunch of fluffy reasons why they might occur;
  • Interbreeding with some alien or bioweapon in the character's ancestry, maybe even resurgent genes that have remained hidden for generations.
  • Cheap genesplicing done by backstreet geneticists, allowing even the poor and destitute to survive viral or chemical weapon attacks; But at the cost of a measure of their humanity.
  • Literally a pseudo-human bioweapon created by a long forgotten company, now having no remaining record their actual purpose of being after so many generations.
  • A designer clone created by an eccentric business or rich person, perhaps one of many identical copies. Either they've gone out of fashion, or the company ran out of money to support them.
All that said, I do wonder how acceptable mutants even are in the Star Army of Yamatai. Obviously there are catboys like Jackson Howard, but what about more monstrous, non-human shaped things? Isn't it better for these to be allowed into the Yammies rather than being a brand new alien race every time?...

Alternate option; What about a mutie-centric Yammie Auxiliary force? That would be a fun idea for a thread. You could call it the "Yokai Squadron". :D

I think I mentioned before my interest in seeing the mutant population fleshed out. I am fully in support of any details anyone wants to add to Nepleslian mutants. I think it should be primarily a Nepleslian thing though as I'm not sure mutants would be socially accepted in Yamatai. Also, Nepleslia really needs more active plots tbh.

I'm not sure mutants would be socially accepted in Yamatai
Guide to being socially accepted in Yamatai:

Step 1: Be attractive

Step 2: Don't be unattractive

Step 3: Be a considerate person (specifically, this means being kind, thinking about the feelings of others, and being culturally aware).

😜

I guess a follow up question would be what the Yamataian beaty standards are.

But that's not my forte.

Guide to being socially accepted in Nepleslia:

Step 1: Be capable

Step 2: Don't be incapable

Step 3: Be a capable person for yourself and others (specifically, this means being able to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, work hard for yourself and those around you no matter the circumstances).

#livetheneplesliandream #stewnotameltingpot #iknowmyrights #proudtobeanepleslian #whereatleastiknowimfree

I would like some ideas before I move forward with putting them on a page and only pulling from my own head.

Like I said...
Can you give me some RP incidents of mutants...

But also just about any ideas work.

Idea 1: Do the mootant

Idea 2: Become the mootant

Idea 3: ABSORB THE MOOTANT

But yeh, there's a few around. I believe I can recall three (Letty, Joe, and then Marlice) but I'm sure there's way more who have also RP'd. Just gotta looko

RPG-D RPGfix
Back