• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Nepleslia and mutants.

Thank you for the name drops, that helps a BUNCH.

*hugs Legix's wife*

PROUD LITTLE BEAN NEPLESLIAN

Thanks so much. I know this is more than enough!

Do need to use 'er for somethin'. Just didn't feel the same in Dig-It without Samson. :/

Anyway, through, yeah. Nepleslians are already 90s XTREME so technically the mutants fit in with them better, but it's kinda a lion-hanging-out-with-lions thing, you know what I mean? Something uber, extra weird would just be funner... 80s anime was the basis of the Yamatai anyway, mind.

So why not have a Space Dandy-esk side thread?

aanistar.me_uploads_posters_4621_original.jpg
ai2.wp.com_www.kirainet.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_07_spaceda82d828e8000abe4e2e0d7e1b1b3fb3f8.jpeg
a24.media.tumblr.com_a8b9b9c938e5c847bf2be1b9f98f8981_tumblr_mzox6lifBn1s95k5ao3_r1_500.gif

It's less about enabling furry mode, and more about unlocking that spacey future weirdness without damaging the overall Yammie mystique. :V

An article or even sub-article would be nice on the topic of mutants. I made Shasta completely by ear with what little material there was (not a lot), And as a new player, The more information i can find on a subject to help me, The easier it becomes to do so.

Especially cause i like mutants as a concept and ill likely make more in the future~

I would be totally down to throw together a wip if nobody else wants to! Mutants add a lot to the potential variety of characters IMO and there are a whole bunch of fluffy reasons why they might occur;
  • Interbreeding with some alien or bioweapon in the character's ancestry, maybe even resurgent genes that have remained hidden for generations.
  • Cheap genesplicing done by backstreet geneticists, allowing even the poor and destitute to survive viral or chemical weapon attacks; But at the cost of a measure of their humanity.
  • Literally a pseudo-human bioweapon created by a long forgotten company, now having no remaining record their actual purpose of being after so many generations.
  • A designer clone created by an eccentric business or rich person, perhaps one of many identical copies. Either they've gone out of fashion, or the company ran out of money to support them.
All that said, I do wonder how acceptable mutants even are in the Star Army of Yamatai. Obviously there are catboys like Jackson Howard, but what about more monstrous, non-human shaped things? Isn't it better for these to be allowed into the Yammies rather than being a brand new alien race every time?...

Alternate option; What about a mutie-centric Yammie Auxiliary force? That would be a fun idea for a thread. You could call it the "Yokai Squadron". :D
You know, it occurs to me these are very similar to the reasons I gave for anthros in the anthros guide.

And we still don't have a mutants guide!

Maybe we should make a suggestion/idea thread so it's on the staff's to-do list.

I'm still of the opinion that having a plot dedicated specifically to this sort of thing, is the best way to champion it...

But an extra three years of internet experience has taught me that also makes certain new players min/max the abilities of their creations like crazy, which is why I guess I've always chickened out doing it myself.

Also, yes, I do actually still lurk SARP. Hi.

You can't live in fear and base your RP decisions on that, though. If people try to min-max you just gotta deal with that on a case-by-case basis like any other time a player is doing something that's selfish/disruptive. I guess the litmus test is "will this character cause a lot of issues for those around them?"

Also reading that makes me think "Oh, someone is gonna see mutants and think superhero powers like X-Men!" which hadn't occurred to me until now.

I'm still of the opinion that having a plot dedicated specifically to this sort of thing, is the best way to champion it...

But an extra three years of internet experience has taught me that also makes certain new players min/max the abilities of their creations like crazy, which is why I guess I've always chickened out doing it myself.

Also, yes, I do actually still lurk SARP. Hi.

Hi @Primitive Polygon

It's good to see you lurking! I think you should come back and do just that. Make a plot for it. You know a lot has changed on SARP and you might be surprised at what the player base can do. Leap and make a story, heck you could start it as an Open RP - no paperwork. That way you can see if it's something you want to stick to or not.

Also reading that makes me think "Oh, someone is gonna see mutants and think superhero powers like X-Men!" which hadn't occurred to me until now.
Pretty much this exactly. I ran a plot on another site that concerned humans with alien DNA, and it seems the majority of players just wanted regular humans with spooky powers. Might be able to blame me for incorrectly conveying what the plot was about, though.

I think you should come back and do just that. Make a plot for it. You know a lot has changed on SARP and you might be surprised at what the player base can do. Leap and make a story, heck you could start it as an Open RP - no paperwork. That way you can see if it's something you want to stick to or not.
Thanks for the support, but it does depend on what kind of players can be recruited, too. Guess the only way to know is to try... Well, that and read up on the current state of in-RP politics.

When I think of Nepleslian mutants, I think more along these lines:

1613873734579.png

1613873843668.png

In the pre-SARP times when this universe was just a bunch of toys and 2 kids' imaginations, TMNT turtles were actually Nepleslian mutants!

raw

Make the Rino!

It looks like this has sort of fallen through the cracks and we haven't made an article for mutants yet, or a random mutation generator (which we now can build directly into the mutant article using the wiki random plugin). Maybe using AI tools we can generate some mutant art for examples (hell, sometimes you get mutants while trying to generate regular art).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back