• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Nepleslia] Athrú

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What would you say if I said this sounded kind of more like fantasy magic than sci-fi? I'm a bit worried about that. Convince me.

I appreciate that viewpoint, I've given it some thought for you. Note that this is heavily related to the Seeds of the Spirit submission I posted a while ago and this has changed as that has.

Unlike fantasy, there's no intangible, unexplainable force enacting these changes at all. The background as to why the Agarthans have this ability is actually deeply rooted in sci-fi and partly confidential as it pertains to my plans for Agartha. No part of this agonising, dangerous, mad-science-like, Frankenstein-esque practice can't be explained with science.

Think of it like the extreme bodymodding of Nepleslia as a whole, such as the ID-SOLs, yet resulting from trial-and-error and survivial of the fittest. It's as sci-fi as the Iroma's empathy and Freespacer's biological components as far as I see. I can elaborate more if you wish.

Can't FM approve since you guys are debating, but-

I do want to query that the current logic Wes has does seem mostly true. As of right now, there's a lot left up to unexplained logic or extremes that don't really work out with things like the ID-SOL; the ID-SOL isn't something natural evolution could achieve. At least not in the standards we know.

Iroma empathy AFAIK is also part of the old roll-back of pre-magic stuff. This is like biological reconstruction on a large scale that doesn't seem too clear-cut. Freespacer biology is also one of the exceptions to hard-lines because they're also one of the few species that were intentionally/always projected as a superior species. They are akin to some settings; an empire that collapsed with greatness unlike any other in their past. Freespacers regularly uncover lost technology that's superior to most nations of the stars because of it.

Just my two cents.

Lets see what you got here.

[ X ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ X ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ X ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ X ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ X ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ X ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. Did you mean Hierarchs? Heirachs has been changed and if that was supposed to be a name let me know and I can roll that back. That was the only spelling error I saw.
2. Style Guide Stuff: I added an about section and changed the initial description to have a one sentence header and then an about section with the information you added. I think you also should add a 4 ='s level heading for history under about and give us a little more detail about where this art comes from and how it developed.
3. Fitting the setting: I get how Wes is on the fence about this. This is more grounded than the magic that we don't allow on the site. I think adding a history section will help solidify this as a sci-fi thing rather than a fantasy thing. I think you will also need to get some examples of this technology approved before we can approve the religious aspect of how this technology is viewed. I think that should be covered in some of the other articles and we should circle back around to this one once those articles are approved.
4. FM Approval. @Legix can give approval for this idea even if Wes decides that this submission isn't approval-able. Really we just need to know is if Legix is ok with this submission in general, or if the submission is so far off of what he had in mind for Nepleslia that he wouldn't approve it even if it meets SARP's standards.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

My FM approval is intentionally withheld as Wes and Ethereal are discussing the setting fitness to it. If Wes feels convinced, then I'll FM approve; if not, then I intend to withhold my approval as I have no intent of clashing with the SM over something like this.

It sounds like you're asking for Wes to come in, but @Ethereal hasn't said he's made any changes. @Zack can you hold off on reviewing things until the submitter has worked out issues with SM and FM?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back