• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Black Veil Electronic Warfare Suite

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Some of the technical stuff is beyond me and ill leave that to its reviewer, But the rest checks out. Approved for use in nepleslia.

Edit* Might want to change the namespace to wip:technology:nepleslia:black_veil or something of the like, Just a thought!

Last edited:
Okay there are some things that are confusing me on this
  • The way it's written, the multi spectrum jammer seems to work only within 5 miles of a signal, meaning people further away can detect you while closer people can't? Was that supposed to be like that?
  • Everything in active defense is physical hardware that needs to be carried. But no where on the article does it explain the inclusion of physical hardware, in fact, due to the culture of the site this feels more like a software suit until you get to this part. So if there's hardware in this we need some information on the hardware, to know if the vehicle we're putting it on is even big enough to hold it.
  • Also does this all need to be together to work or does this suite allow things to be piece meal?

Okay there are some things that are confusing me on this
  • The way it's written, the multi spectrum jammer seems to work only within 5 miles of a signal, meaning people further away can detect you while closer people can't? Was that supposed to be like that?
  • Everything in active defense is physical hardware that needs to be carried. But no where on the article does it explain the inclusion of physical hardware, in fact, due to the culture of the site this feels more like a software suit until you get to this part. So if there's hardware in this we need some information on the hardware, to know if the vehicle we're putting it on is even big enough to hold it.
  • Also does this all need to be together to work or does this suite allow things to be piece meal?

1) Yes, it only works out to 5 kilometers when being subtle.
2) Fixed and clarified.
3) Clarified

So if you're in subtle mode, and 6km away, someone can detect you? But if you're 5km away they can't? I feel like that is kinda a bad idea considering operating ranges and speeds for things this will be put on, a lot of it, that'll become a problem cause they still know you're there.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. In subtle mode, your jamming reaches out to 5km and is generally subtle and undetected. In Active mode, it reaches further but in exchange it is VERY LOUD and anyone can see it. ECM isn't something you have on all the time for precisely the reason that if you're doing it to reach out anywhere, you're going to be easily spotted.

It's Electronic and Signals jamming. To do that, you need to actually have interference of some sort in the air waves and have broadcasting power. That broadcasting power and those interference signals, if they're too strong, can absolutely be detected.

It's how Anti-Radiation missiles work, and why one of the major problems with making stealth aircraft is their electronic warfare. Actually doing ECM is VERY LOUD and there's only so much you can do to muffle it.

Okay I see what thw problem is, I misinterpreted this. This isn't 'detection jamming' but actual full on equipment disruption.

I apologize for the delay, haven't had the best schedule the last couple of days. Okay this mostly has everything it needs, but the things like the chaff launcher and thermal smoke, as well as any other expendables, need to tell us how much it can hold in its own storage. Of course you can get expanded storage and stuff like that. Or it needs to clearly say that something using these needs to explicitly dictate how many 'uses' it carries of these. (Other wise we might end up with power armors that in play are using hundreds of chaff shots and some how still having enough room for rambo ammo.

I feel like a load of 60 of the infrared jammers is quite a bit if they're burning for 2 minutes each, that's 2 hours of decoy essentially. Maybe cut the time or the load. And I'll be honest I don't know how much this value is compared to modern craft with decoy flares, and I couldn't find a quick answer either, but it doesn't feel like there would be more than a need for 1 used at a time.

Speaking of that you might want to change the temperature...the corona of the sun is in the millions of degrees. It is the outermost 'layer' but it is actually way hotter than the surface of the sun.

The Infrared flares are basically the size and shape of asprin pills, which are pretty small and regularly come in containers of about 40 to 50 that are smaller than a human hand.

I understand how small they are. And I understand that it's physically possible. My concern is having 2 hours of decoy time every time you set out. That feels a little over powered, especially if one decoy is enough to throw off everything because of heat intensity.

I understand how small they are. And I understand that it's physically possible. My concern is having 2 hours of decoy time every time you set out. That feels a little over powered, especially if one decoy is enough to throw off everything because of heat intensity.

No Decoy is foolproof- which is why you carry enough to let you just toss out multiple flares. If a system having this much redundancy is too much for you, I'll reduce the burn time of each individual flare to 10 seconds.

I understand redundancy. And I would appreciate it if your tone was better. Reducing burn time was a route I suggested from the start. Now also something I mentioned 2 post ago, the wording on the temperature. I think you got confused there, cause the corona of a star is in the millions of degrees. You can't use these in atom if they're that hot, the suits probably wont even survive that. I think you probably mean for it to be in the thousands of degrees, which would be the surface of the sun.

I understand PA have to be hot, but you know for purposes of 'deception' and cloaking it's actually better if the device generates a heat signature as close to the thing that deployed it as possible? That way the enemy can't get around it by making 'smart missiles' that lock onto a specific range of heat signature and ignore things higher.

Alright well I'll go ahead

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

And APPROVE these things. A few thousand degrees shouldn't be a problem for 10 seconds environmentally.

Make sure this gets linked to where it needs to be.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back