• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Nepleslia] Dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoK

Inactive Member
Mordachai sat alone in his room, with his back to the door. The elysian had an odd grin on his face, and he slowly picked up his gun. Pointing the weapon at the reflection in the mirror in front of him, he spoke softly to himself.

"You, Feloriel, are hiding from what you really are. This life is not the one that you should have taken. You had so much potential to make something of your life. Instead, you're wasting it on taking the lives of others. How can you live with yourself? You take away mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, friends, and your rationalization is that they are always the 'Bad Guy'. If they had seen you first, they would have thought the same thing...."

With a single, barking laugh, the angel picked up the clip to the gun, and thrust it in, spinning it on his finger. With a slap of flesh on metal, Mordachai caught the butt of the gun, pointing the barrel at his right temple. With a sick smile, he pulled the trigger.

There was no sound of flesh and fluid splattered against the wall to his left, in it's place, was a hollow, metallic click of an empty chamber.

"I guess you win again.....You're life is spared for another day, Feloriel. Make no mistake about it, though, one day, you will lose, and then who will be laughing? Hmm? Or are you too scared to think about that day? The day when you find out that you are just as mortal as those you callously put an end to? I see the real you, Feloriel. You may be able to hide it from that woman, but you can't hide it from me...I'm in here with you...." He tapped the side of his head with the barrel of the gun.

Taking a deep breath, the winged one closed his eyes, trying to focus his mind. These visions had been happening more and more often since he had gone freelance. He never used to have visions of hundreds of thousands screaming out in agony, and he had never seen this form, this figure that stood in the shadows and spoke to him in his dreams. There was something familiar about the shadow, but on the other hand, something so very frighteningly different.

"You have no power over me....I don't even know who you are. What do you want with me?"

"I want your soul. You think you can hide behind your defenses forever? Hmm, Feloriel? You think that you can evade me forever? You have already fallen into my web, and I am slowly pulling you in....It won't be long now before I break through, and I will take over. When that happens, the weakling that you are now, will be transformed into the god that I am." The shadow spoke with such oily tones.

"You will never have me, Demon. I have spent my whole life preparing for this moment. You got my father, and my brother, but you will not get me....I am ready for you, and when you break through the defenses I have prepared to keep you away, we will see who is the better man. I will not go easily...I will not go like a lamb to the slaughter. I knew you would come for me one day, because of that, I am ready to face you"

The smile in the reflection of the mirror changed from insane, to a smug, all knowing one. "You know nothing about me then.....I know everything about you Feloriel. Hide behind the change of your name, it doesn't matter to me. Names matter little to one of my status.....I care about one thing, Souls. In the end, yours will belong to me. Deny it all you want, make all the idle threats you want, your destiny is already sealed. Your heart has been blackened by the happenings of my plans, and now, there is no going back. I know everything about you, Feloriel, and you don't even know my name."

"You are wrong, Foul One. Now, I *do* know your name, but for my life, I have never spoken it, for I knew the pain and suffering that would come to the one that challenged the mighty hand of the unstoppable force. In an infinite universe, there is only one constant, and it is you...." The angel stopped, drawing himself up to his full sitting height and stared into the burning eyes of the reflection. In the mirror, the one to whom he was speaking could be seen to be interested in these words, "I don't fear you, because I am ready for your challenge....I will not back down, not even from you.......DEATH."

As soon as the words had been spoken, the elysian's mind seared with pain. Fireworks exploded in his head, and his vision dimmed into the tunnel of unconsciousness. With a thud, Mordachai fell against the floor, his gun spinning from his hand to rest a foot away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back