• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] HPAR Damage Rework

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:weapons:heavy_penetrating_assault_rifle
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Look, everyone agrees that the HPAR does way, way too much damage for an infantry rifle normally carried by a Tier 5 or Tier 6 Power Armor. So in the interests of fairness and my policy of not accepting grandfathering as an excuse for poorly designed or rules incongruent setting elements that are still in use, I'm proposing a fix for it.

Instead of the HPAR's damage being Tier 7 or Tier 8, we reduce it to a set tier: Tier 5, Medium Anti-Armor. This retains its role as a primary firearm for Nepleslian Marines while not making it scads more powerful than comparable aetheric, antimatter, or plasma weaponry.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Is this the wrong link? The note on the page clearly specifies that staff were going to be determining this.

If you want to portray it as an anti-PA AR, that's fine; but this doesn't seem to be an actual submission. It just looks like a discussion.

It's easy for this sort of thing to just be forgotten. Given how the HPAR is the primary longarm used by all Nepleslia Armorsuits, I feel like getting this squared away is a priority.

In all reality there are still a lot of those DR2->3 conversion tags and the hands down best place to address a tech related, staff certified answer is by coming here and tagging @Syaoran incessantly until @Syaoran arrives in the thread and @Syaoran bestows @Syaoran’s blessing on this fine piece of Nepleslian @Syaoran

When I volunteered to be a NTSE reviewer it was my understanding that any alterations to an article beyond grammar changes and art needed to be requested here. DR conversion has a general guideline but needed to be approved by at least an NTSE reviewer. That being said, I have never had to do that myself, but I imagine that wouldn’t have changed since I was on hiatus.

I will step in and say this, I know it was a joke, but incessant tagging of NTSE mods is the quickest way to get submission privileges revoked, no matter how good the article is. There are other submissions and other things the NTSE staff is doing as well. Now, as this is an iconic piece of Nepleslian tech, @Legix how do you want the HPAR portrayed? and I'll work within those limits getting it's numbers fixed up.

I personally want it to be either T5 or T6; my logic for this lies in the principle of Nepleslian weaponry in comparison to Yamatai. I'd imagine the HPAR would function similar to an AK-series chambered in 7.62 while the M16 is a 5.56. Nepleslia needed to fight bigger PA and light mechs back when the "Moneyshot" was made. The gun was built to take on big targets in the PA range and - pre DR changes - was intended for medium vehicles.

Basically, I'm fine with going T5 if we really need to but I would prefer T6 as it fits with the historical design intent and logic behind the weapon. It's a big boy's AR.

My professional opinion, which is worth shit, has me agreeing with Legix. The LPA is a Tier 5 weapon, and is stated to be less damaging than the Moneyshot- the HPAR being Tier 6 would be congruent with this.

I think we can go with making it T6. So as a NTSE mod I will APPROVE placing this weapon in T6 and will make the change to the article.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back