• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Lianjia Cultural Group

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alright this is going to need FM approval of course, but I'll go through eh things that need some fixing
  • The "Cultural Highlights" section; you need to have text under the heading that isn't a bullet list, but that might also help with the grammar, the bullet list is written as if it's completing a sentence, that isn't there.
  • Need to link to the Colonial Expanse page at the end of the history section. And if Avante ever gets a page you'll have to go back and link that too.
  • Culture, first paragraph; "Those that have interact with" it should be "interacted"
  • under naming conventions, I think there might've been a formatting error on copying, you have 4s and 1s that are attached to the name syllables in the paragraph.

I just copied from the Jiyuuian article, but I will clean that up. and Grammarly failed again lol. As for the numbers, those represent the tones of the language. I dropped it in the rest of the names since it would get tedious.

The numbers, it's probably best to remove them, or figure out how to actually notate them in a way people know what they are at a glance. Most people don't actually know that kinda stuff so to them it'll just look like someone accidentally typed numbers.

My computer doesn't do that phonetic device. Mainly because pinyin is never used properly in the mainland (they use it like the alphabet). Haha

So I appreciate it.

Always glad to add to the cultural melting pot that is nep.

Before i give any stamps i will bring up some stuff that could be changed or should be addressed.

Slavery is illegal in the kikyo sector per a decree by Yamatai that Nepleslia also follows. If there is some kind of social caste, indentured servitude, or outright slavery can you write it in a way that it would make sense for this cultural group to still be able to support such a system even if its in secret? A good example would be maybe some kind of honor-tied system as a result of these triads where one is placed bellow others in social status because of debt in one form or another and serve a master/employer (likely to a triad group) with their very lives and are raised and conditioned in a way that this seems normal for them even when in other societies.

The Lianjia would technically be older than both the UOC and Yamatai in regards of age and lore. But their language and styles are close enough that someone might think one was influenced from one of the others. Can you word the culture in a way that is obvious Yamatai didn't steal the Asian aesthetic or ethnicity or Kanji/hanzi writing styles and vice-versa but that they simply happened by coincidence to be so or some other reasoning? This could also be a good reason for the Lianjia's dislike for the jiyyuu or yamatains as they feel their culture could have been stolen or appropriated even if it wasn't.

Avante, bein in the colonial expanse is close to one of Nepleslia's Jiyuu worlds from the evacuation of the Tange system. Is their strife between these systems being rather close to one another due to the Lianjians distaste towards the jiyuuians or could this be the cause?

As old as this culture seems to be can you add some parts about where they were or what they did during some significant events? You wrote there are Lianjia reds so that would show they were on both sides of the civil war but what about events like the Dame Famine when nepleslia mass-cloned parts of its population and imported neko and yamatains from yamatai due to a lack of females; Would they have begrudgingly married yamatain women with so few females? With their lore about emperors could there have been a Lianjian Star Emperor at one point (Nepleslia had emperors too, not just yamatai.). How did they fair during the great plague and how do they view the elysians?

You don't have to use those events but just a general requirement to have them have a smidge more history for future PCs to use as reference and for people to get an idea of the depth of age and lore of this culture.

All of the above are rather minor and should require much changes. I am impressed by the lianjia and cant wait to have them as a part of nepleslia's culture!

There are a few things I have to ask Wes regarding Yamataigo. I didn't really explain it since I figured the characters would be inherited from something older than both. But I will explain it more once I have more details. Was planning on converting over to Traditional Characters (my computer is set up for the Mainland of China) instead of simplified. But I might stick with simplified as many of the characters look nothing like their originals.

As for the rest of it, those are some really good points to build off of. I didn't want to go to deep into their lore without how it would effect Nepleslia. I will look them over and figure how to expand upon them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do that, I am open to them. This is intended for all to enjoy.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back