• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Nepleslia] Meridium

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Firebrand it took me a moment to realize what you did but it seems you put the wip address where the non-wip one is meant to go, while leaving the wip address area blank and putting the non-wip in the notes oof - easy fix with an edit tho

This is a grandfathered nepleslia article and as such does not require the checklist unless requested. This article is only here to ensure the change from Drv2 and Drv3 are correct, Spelling and grammar are correct, and that nothing has been snuck in.

The only thing this article requires is a change in the namespace to show what faction it belongs to and who manufactures it.

wip:corp:nepleslian_arms_and_munitions:meridium
or even wip:faction:nepleslia:materials:medidium would suffice. Anything to make sure sigma has no claim on the article by looking at old revisions.

As i am reviewing this article i can not give it a nep FM stamp. So that must come from @Ametheliana or @Legix

Materials don't go in a specific faction's namespace. Both Zesu and Yamataium are in the plan materials namespace.

frankly any change in the namespace is preferable. It doesnt have to be in faction or in corp. But a change is necessary. And since meridium is a single word we cant bridge it to change it.

It will solve problems down the line when/if sigma (or whoever impersonates him) goes through the wiki next time. A different namespace means a fresh revisions list and a new page. So it can only be linked to him through the name of the article at best.

Random sleep deprived idea but like maybe call it neo-meridium and say they discovered a slightly better composition or makeup or something? it's a tiny change and probably a bad suggestion but it does fix the namespace thing with minimal effort while still making sense.

We can't have a super special exception for Nepleslia; things have to be consistent. Char, things have to be in the Materials namespace because of the code for the Materials page. I don't want to have to rewrite the code for that, but if we do what you want, someone's gonna have to rewrite that code.

Last edited:
Imma cut this off right here before this turns into an argument.

The namespace changes are mandatory in the case of the nep revisions being restored. Not because we want to re-make things.

No revisions linked to sigma, To frost, To zack, to anyone thats pulled stuff. Otherwise if they poke their head in, To the pages they made, And see revisions. They will remove them assuming you just threw it back up there all willy-nilly. This is my call as the person that started this project. NOT as a submissions reviewer.

As a submissions reviewer i will point out that you are right. That all the materials are on the materials: namespace. And that skully proposed a very good alternative. The name can be changed slightly like we did with the ACE AI (now called the ACCE AI)

It is also against site rules to change someones article without their permission or in the case of faction pages like their materials; The FM. So dont do that.

I mean didn't you end up rewriting the article? so~ if the content is different to the original yet still fulfills the same purpose then a name change should be no issue according to those rules?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back