• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] NAM "Svarog" Anti-Ship Mass Driver

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As ive given an FM stamp backed by legix and cannot be the one to review this article. I am not demanding either of you review it now but please be aware that it needs a reviewer @Syaoran @Ametheliana . I know, I personally see one of you having posted in a thread and write that off as either of you claiming it so maybe ye do the same?~

I know it can be altered to fit any platform, but you should include a minimum platform size for it.

Please include text between header and bullet points. Weapon mechanisms, nomenclature, and discharge need attention in this realm.

Otherwise, looks great and good. Very well written and just the right amount of info imo. Thank you for your patience, Fire, and thanks Char for tagging me.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

I was noticing this stuff and after bringing it up with someone I was told to bring it up in this thread. Currently, the Svarog is doing more damage than a gun firing shells more than twice the size that the Svarog does. Both are using antimatter fillers, so there's no real reason for the Svarog to be doing that much more damage.

Even when compared to another weapon, closer in size but still firing shells larger than what the Svarog does, the Svarog is doing two tiers higher damage, which isn't really explainable in any way.

I feel that this is a bit of an oversight, and should probably be fixed, both for the Svarog and for the starship and capital ship sized UMD canisters in general, though that might be better for another thread

@Firebrand

Nepleslia has better technology than Origin. We're not reducing the strength of our pre-existing ammo types for Origin's sake.

Regardless, the Svarog has been reviewed and approved. Leave me and my tech submissions alone for once, Alex.

Last edited:
i've updated the Svarog to have a range of .5 AU. As looking at it now 300 kilometres for a primary weapon for standard ships and defence platforms and as a secondary weapon doesn't make much sense even for a mass driver when Nep has a lot of weaker and older weapons with ranges in the hundreds of thousands of kilometres.

Ive done away with the muzzle velocity temporarily because that math is beyond me right now and it can be re-added at a later date because its not setting breaking to not have it until then.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back