• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] NSMC Skills

Legix

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:military:nsmc_skills
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
None
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Update for the NSMC skills; just my first pass, since it has been sitting mostly untouched/unrepaired since we lost the original. I'll likely be returning to expand on it later with the various service branches that we once had listed within the NSMC.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you make it more apparent where the skills every NSMC crewman has as a requirement are? Right now it looks like fighting and a mix of vehicle operation and technology would be the required ones, but I am not 100% sure and a new player should be able to figure that out really easily.

My question is, Legix: Are you making it so every Marine is trained in PA operation because you want, or because its a legacy thing and you don't want there to be a specilized training course for PA even if PA is being made a more specialized thing?

It's a simple question, because it determines what standard equipment Marines use is. Are the Marines Mobile Infantry, where everyone uses a PA; or are they a force where PA is only given out for specialized situations; or is it somewhere in between?

My question is, Legix: Are you making it so every Marine is trained in PA operation because you want, or because its a legacy thing and you don't want there to be a specilized training course for PA even if PA is being made a more specialized thing?

It's a simple question, because it determines what standard equipment Marines use is. Are the Marines Mobile Infantry, where everyone uses a PA; or are they a force where PA is only given out for specialized situations; or is it somewhere in between?
I've covered this exact topic before and I'm pretty sure it was also directed at you: all Nepleslians receive power armor training. This is due to the fact that, comparable to Yamatai, the vast majority of its forces do have access to Power Armor. However, unlike Yamatai, Nepleslia does have some limits to its production and having such an absurd body count in the NSMC precisely keeps them to where some of the newer/reformed groups will roll out without any PA and get fitted as the factories catch up.

Edit: To touch up on the latter part you asked about, Nepleslians DO try to spread out equipment the further out/more detatched from main units they are. That's why some of the colony-oriented plots were less-armed than those that took place on the Mishhu frontlines.
Can you make it more apparent where the skills every NSMC crewman has as a requirement are? Right now it looks like fighting and a mix of vehicle operation and technology would be the required ones, but I am not 100% sure and a new player should be able to figure that out really easily.
Crewman and other occupations aren't listed because the goal was to provide the first version as the basic infantry. Other branches would come later since I want to make sure they're dead-on to what should be necessary. The only reason I thumbnailed it on the end is so that there's SOME level of mention to the roles existing. If absolutely necessary, I guess I can add the Crewman & Air Operator sections but it'll be a few days.

I'm talking in the same way Yamatai has the basic skills as a requirement for enlistees. Are these required as it's worded as a take it or leave it thing.

I'm talking in the same way Yamatai has the basic skills as a requirement for enlistees. Are these required as it's worded as a take it or leave it thing.
All of the ones under Basic are required, Ame. Hence the "The following skills are considered available to any member who enlists within the NSMC" bit. If they go into a vehicle role, they can opt-out of their PA training for tank operation; it's pointless to train a grunt to use PA if he's going to be in a tank all day.

I guess I'm not really understanding the problem/what you're looking for me to change.

I am just making sure there isn't a problem. The way I read into something is not universal. If someone reads it the way I did, it can be corrected but seems perf. Thank you for doing this No-Leg-Man

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back