• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] "PunkBuster" Class Fast Battleship

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:starship_classes:punkbuster_battleship
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
An upscaled battlecruiser as one of the replacements for the Primus that we can no longer use. I have a larger more meaty battleship in store for a more true replacement for our big beast.

@Legix as nep FM.

The Perun Railcannon isnt yet approved and isnt my article so im not listing it as an unnaproved sub article for this submission. I just want to get what i need to on this submission and then the perun will or wont be submittedor approved by then.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The link goes nowhere.

It looks very nice but...
Sublight Engines: 4c

Beside breaking the speed standard, that's much faster than even Yamatai's top secret speed ships, and they're the faction with the fast and agile gimmick. And it's not just a frigate, or something, but a huge battleship.

Not sure it's justifiable.

Fair enough, @raz razman.

Ship speeds and the like are beyond me. Ill use the default starship speeds ( i tried to guestimate before i remembered the standard speeds page for nep ships. Cant remember every page ever in existance, ye?) next chance i get to edit the page when im home.

for the part about weapons ive done the math again and will be making some considerable changes to its weaponry when i can. Ill be out of town for the next few days and the holiday week is coming up so i cant say when tho.

But as for the latter part.

As i cant go any higher imma use the ol' The wiki knows everything and if i say it is faster than whatever other capital ships we get than it must be and by having it written down any GM will then make it faster than, say, any other nep capital ship ive made after this~

If thats not good enough simply dont know jack enough about ship speeds or FTL/STL to give an an appropriate answer other than i make some impossible thing like some kind of turbo injector for cars but for a massive upscale battlecruises seems like the only other option i can think of at the moment, And because nepleslian ships cant be faster than their rival counterparts i dont see that working out~

I was going to suggest that we could keep the ship at the tier its at now, resize it to fit the tier, and use it as a battlecruiser. I've even worked out a weapons load that'll fit a Tier 13 ship for this.

@Ametheliana can i get this submission marked as temporarily put on hold for the time being? I have some things i want to re-work about the ship and some of the changes requested and i cant honestly say they are my top priority rn~

Even though it hasn't been approved yet, this submission won the Best Submission of 2019!

Has been on hold since October, yet has won an award. @Charmaylarg Dufrain , what are your plans here? If it is going to continue to be shelved can I move this thread to Abandoned until you are ready? I am trying to do some house cleaning.

Ive found myself rather busy lately. Though if i cant get to this submission on thursday or friday which i have off ill comment here and we can abandon it until i have the time. (Didnt realize i had it on hold for that long!)

its been so long ive kind of lost myself on this submission but heres the changes ive made:

The type of ship has been kept at T-13 but is now a "battlecruiser" to replace the capital weight cruiser the Orca instead of the primus. The orca was also an entry capital ship.
Ive gotten rid of the Perun which at T-14 would take up 75% of the ships DR and arranged the weapons as follows:

x3 Svarog ( 3 DR score T-13)
x6 Plasma lance (3 DR score, T-12)
x16 curbstomper tubes (1 DR score, T-9)
x10 massed positron arrays (1 DR score, T-10)

Should be getting my 8 on tier weapons score from that.

It is no longer listed as the "fastest capital ship".

Ive lowered the size and crew to be comparable to the late orca to match its tier and size.

Theres now some discrepancy with the art and the amount of guns and formerly dual turrets but imma leave that continuity error for another time.

I could also take care of this- I want to use the Punk Buster as a Plotship for the plot I'm running, and I have a few concerns and disagreements about that weapons layout, Char- it has some holes in it's defenses, such as relying on Positron arrays for the sole point defense system on it.

It sounded like the holes in defenses were intentional, Char. How do you feel about that?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back