• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Rapid Launcher Missile System Rework

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:weapons:rapid_launcher_system
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I got some complaints, and saw some questions and logical confusion about the amount of minimissiles that Nepleslian PAs could hold- especially in comparing them with the PAs of other technologically similar factions, with 140 Minimissiles for the Hostile compared to around 20 for the Mindy. A similar problem was confusion as to how they could hold the same number of the larger BOLTs as the smaller DARTs.

This is part 1 of a 2 part solution to that, already talked about with the Nepleslian FMs. This both reduces the amount of available missiles in a launcher, but also the amount of missiles varies depending on the specific missile used. This also allows players to mix and match the minimissile loadouts of their armors. So rather than carrying 70 missiles per launch, the Hostile would carry between 24 and 12 Minmissiles.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay well for future reference(not needed for this article) only include the text that you're changing in pages like this, and notes about where to put it.

Now for the article, I'm seeing one issue. There is very important information that is hidden away in a text block and can't be seen in a glance. That is that each one of these systems is 4 'cells'/'barrels' and that these ammo rates are per cell. Also that the system can dump and entire cell all at once. (However it's unclear if it can empty multiple cells as once as well) This information needs to be pulled out and made into a 'firing mechanics' block for the weapon system as a whole, and then the missile ammo rates need to be noted clearly that they are 'per cell'.

When dealing with equipment articles you always need to make information related to 'game mechanics' "hard to miss" so that no issue arise in it's use.

Okay the numbers look good, just one I missed, the Tracers, you need to identify flight range, and signal range. As for the article, where are you adding this snippet to the original page, and what is the exact formatting that'll be used?

I would not know that information on the TRACERs and I am not cleared to make it up off the top of my head. You would need @Charmaylarg Dufrain or @Legix to answer those questions for you.

As for where i'm adding it, the entire page is being replaced.

Okay so none of that information actually seems to exist, so I'm going to have to make this shit up myself. So I did.

okay that looks good enough. I'll go ahead and give this an APPRPOVAL

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back