• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Rapid Launcher Missile System Rework

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:weapons:rapid_launcher_system
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Nepleslia
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I got some complaints, and saw some questions and logical confusion about the amount of minimissiles that Nepleslian PAs could hold- especially in comparing them with the PAs of other technologically similar factions, with 140 Minimissiles for the Hostile compared to around 20 for the Mindy. A similar problem was confusion as to how they could hold the same number of the larger BOLTs as the smaller DARTs.

This is part 1 of a 2 part solution to that, already talked about with the Nepleslian FMs. This both reduces the amount of available missiles in a launcher, but also the amount of missiles varies depending on the specific missile used. This also allows players to mix and match the minimissile loadouts of their armors. So rather than carrying 70 missiles per launch, the Hostile would carry between 24 and 12 Minmissiles.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM approved, however, I'm not entirely sure I enjoy such a low mini-missile count, particularly given that it limits you VERY heavily on counter-measure abilities. If possible, I'd like there to be a change made to allow more TRACERs per launcher. Otherwise, combat against other PA units (even though Nepleslia isn't planning to fight Yamatai, they shouldn't ignore a very obvious mini-missile spam doctrine from enemy PA) will be very hard to disengage missiles adequately.

That's 48 Tracers, maximum, if you fill everything up with it. That's still a lot of missiles.
Counter-measures are typically released in a very massive number as systems grow advanced. Is there really no way that we can find a way to make the TRACER value go up?

I think we could make it carry 1.5 times the amount of TRACERS. That said, even with this reduction in the number of missiles, a HOSTILE still has far more minimissiles than a Mindy or Daisy; and the Aggressor has a judiciously "enough' amount of them as Char requested.

I think we could make it carry 1.5 times the amount of TRACERS. That said, even with this reduction in the number of missiles, a HOSTILE still has far more minimissiles than a Mindy or Daisy; and the Aggressor has a judiciously "enough' amount of them as Char requested.
Well, Yamatai has teleportation death beams. Us having more minimissiles seems like a reasonable thing.

So long as we improve the Tracer count, I'm all for it. I just want players to have the ability to pull off the ol' "Jet fighter counter-measure spam if they want to.

Well, Yamatai has teleportation death beams. Us having more minimissiles seems like a reasonable thing.

So long as we improve the Tracer count, I'm all for it. I just want players to have the ability to pull off the ol' "Jet fighter counter-measure spam if they want to.

I mean, the new ECM suite that's going on the armors that are getting this has its own chaff and flare launcher.

You are going to need to fill in between the first two headers. An intro paragraph that tells what the article is about, what faction it is linked to, etc is important in that area, plus you need text after a header, not just another header- especially the first one.

Checklist will come, but first this will help get it reviewable.

This is a little late, but one way to improve the tracer count could be that each tracer missile launches several little balls that each have a tiny short lived thruster (maybe a few seconds) that makes them fly around randomly. That way one missile can be cause more disruption and be worth more.

This is a little late, but one way to improve the tracer count could be that each tracer missile launches several little balls that each have a tiny short lived thruster (maybe a few seconds) that makes them fly around randomly. That way one missile can be cause more disruption and be worth more.

That would have to be brought up in an actual rework of the TRACER itself, not in this launcher. As is, there is already a massive backlog of remade, upgraded, and new Nepleslian tech and I don't want to make this problem worse.

Just in-case someone asks me to post here, take note that I already approved/discussed changes I wanted. NTSE is the only one responsible for this.

Its simply changing the launchers to have less missiles, but a variable loadout based on individual cells similar to VLS systems.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back