• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check [Nepleslia] Survival Horror IN SPACE!

Biesecker

Inactive Member
Do you like Aliens/Pitch Black/Dead Space? Do you think you could survive stranded on a planet or derelict with no support or supply? Do you want to see a more deadly plot on SARP?

I want to put all of these ideas and more into a new Nepleslian plot. I don't want to go into too much detail yet, but if you have questions I'll be glad to answer them. But the basics is that this plot will focus around an NSMC team forced to survive and escape a ferocious alien threat in a hostile environment. I want PC death to be very possible here, but I don't want to be unfair about it.

This post is just to gauge interest, and more information will be forthcoming as I get people on board. Any Marine or justifiable Navy support character is welcome, and I'd like a well-rounded squad with a variety of skills and interesting personalities. I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Sometimes, I like to remember how Nepleslia is told we've got nothing interesting.

Then I remember there's interest threads like these and tons of players who want to do really cool things in Nepleslia.

Good times.

@BloodyScarlet if you're interested my nepleslian plot just launched and we could use an extra person or two ^^ (sorry to advertise in this thread it was just convenient and i still wanna play horror plot. I'll even make us deadspace armour)

That's a lot more interest than I was expecting so quickly! Guess I have some work to do. I'm in the middle of moving and working 6 day weeks to afford that, but I'll try to make this a priority in my free time. I'll get to work on setting up a plot page and coordinating with @Legix to make sure everything's kosher. I'll post updates here as I have them, and hopefully we can get this started up soon.

How will you deal with the issue of power armors making player characters invulnerable?

By not having them?~

Jeeeeeeeeeze wesman, You act like just bout errybody has PA in their daily lives. Go to the bathroom in power armor, Mow the lawn in it, Survive the horrors of space in it...

Or if there is pa, gm can make them turn off god mode since technically lower tiered weapons can still destroy them

For this plot, I'm thinking PA won't be available. The PCs will be in a position where they just don't have any on-hand. If it all goes well and branches out into more missions, I have ways to make PA less effective against the threat they'll be facing. It would still be a good advantage to have, of course, and by that time things might become more of an Action Horror like Resident Evil and Dead Space did, by necessity. But I never want to lose the core horror of it, and I'm sure I can think of ways to do that.

I've actually been reconsidering that. The original idea was marines, like I said. But it could be fun for the first mission to be civilians. More Alien than Aliens.

Still, as of now, I'm still leaning toward military. I've planned a lot out already, and what I have in mind would work best with marines.

Military still not bad, if you emphasize non combat personal. Like techs and engineers, people who have been trained in combat, but are ones who usually arent in combat situations. Just a thought.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back