• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC NEPLESLIAN DISCUSSION

any progress is good progress. Anyone willing to do anything even small stuff is ok in my book~

Just dont forget to go into its submission page and post any changes so it can get re-approved.

So I was thinking about updating the VOID's weapons to the DR Version 3 system, both to get myself used to the new system and because it needs done.

So let's get to it, then -

The Light Plasma Autocannon needs a new page because the old page got purged, but thankfully we still have its old statline

Then you have the Condensed Fusion Cutter, something far simpler

The GAFM is, in my own words, a BIG BOY, and is one of the most important features of the Armor

Pulse Laser Arrays? Tier 2, like on the Hostile. The Gatling laser cannons are essentially bigger versions of the pulse laser arrays meant for armored targets so i'd give them Tier 4 Damage.

The shoulder grenade launcher is a whole other story that'd require us to make the whole thing over again.

The Tracer Missiles should be Tier 1, at most. BOLTs should use the same damage as the version on the Hostile. Darts should also be Tier 1, and Arrows should be Tier 4.
First of all -- you need to also consider what tier the VOID itself is. I believe it qualifies as a T5 not through sheer size but in Nepleslian production & role design, which will play a big part on how its weaponry looks.

I'm going to hit this one-by-one; this isn't really the NTSE area but as someone who's had experience and is generally right about the NTSE, I see the following.
  • Your idea for the LPAC is fine in terms of range, IMO; I vote T5, given it might not be a very powerful hitter (in respect to the other weapons) but its rate of fire makes it a good traditional weapon.
  • Fusion cutter needs to be decided between a tool and a weapon, because if it's T9/T10, it's going to take up/be harder to pass it. I think the one saving grace is that it's a melee weapon so it might be easier to argue against its power, but I believe we still institute a "slot" rule, which as you go above your tier, you steadily lose room for other weaponry. Given the CFC is part of the suit, we'd have a much harder time arguing for better tiering on its other equipment. Just be aware that NTSE may need to change/discuss this (in my opinion) within context of the VOID getting revamped.
  • I'm on board with the GAFMs being T8; it's going to cut into our tier allowance but it fits and I think it's a fair argument point for something made pre-DRv3.
  • PLAs are fine and the GLCs will need to make sure it doesn't mess up anything else equipped/fitted with them if we set the tier there. It's possible they may have been converted to DRv3 via another Nep PA being updated. Not 100% sure on how many (if any) of the updates remained though.
  • The shoulder grenade launcher is something I'm almost fine cutting, as it's not very represented in the artwork. Not only that, but we also have the Mini-missile systems which effectively fulfill its role as an explosive, high number weapon. If we wanted, we could argue that the updated VOID is the VOID Refit and sacrificed it to better assist its power systems.
  • There's a page out there somewhere IIRC for mini-missiles like the DART and such. We need to see what shape it's in and -- from there -- we can figure out what to do with the missile package. We may need to create/recreate details for it.
Edit: I want to be clear that I approve of you doing this. I just wanted to list the things I saw with it & give feedback appropriately. Char is right about any progress being good progress.

I honestly think we should just replace the grenade launchers with more UMDs.

Edit- So a new page for the LPA is up for submission, meanwhile I've got a basic summation of the Void Upgrade Package

Weaponry- Keep the LPA; remove the condensed fusion cutters and replace it with the Hostile's Push/Pull Plating and the Vibrosaw Knife (Reasons: Improved parts commonality and ease of supply); Replace the Laser Gatlings with the Aggressor's Plasma Chainguns; Replace the Grenade Launcher with a UMD of some kind because it'd improve flexibility; Replace the current minimissile writeup with the same writeup from the Hostile.

Internals - Update the internals here. Upgrade shielding to the Combined Shield System CPS-05h with the Conformal Barrier System; Replace the Savtech AI with an ACE Combat Executive.

Generally the purpose of this is to update the VOID to have more parts commonality with the Hostile and Aggressor... and to fully update it with the technology that was lost. This still leaves us with one glaring missing piece of tech: the Brainspammer, and I don't know what exactly it did or its specifics. We may have to create a new ECM suite from the ground up, and I don't know enough about Electronic Warfare to do it.

Edit: I've also, uh, been working on an idea for a Bayonet for the HPAR, with there being two ways I could do it: A more conventional Vibrosaw Knife augmented with a plasma sheathing to improve anti-armor capabilities; and a less conventional pilebunker system that uses an explosively drive diamond shaped penetrator with a plasma sheath and discharge system meant to aggressively penetrate armor and discharge plasma inside of it.

Last edited:
Real quick question: Anyone have a Marine PC/NPC they want to play in the Tyrants who could be easily bumped up to Second Lieutenant to take control of Second Squad?

Proposed DRv3 Updates for the Curbstomper Missile system, and how I did it because they're still in DR version 1

Interceptor Torpedo had a DR of 9, which to update to DRv2 would be SDR 4, To put this into DRv2 would therefore be Tier 12 Heavy Anti-Starship. I would also state that the Interceptor would have Tier 4 Shields and Armor.

Anti-Ship Torpedoes likewise had a DR of 8, which goes to SDR 4 in v2, which also becomes Tier 12 Heavy Anti-Starship in v3.

Anti-Shield Torpedoes should probably just like, do Tier 14 Medium Anti-Capital Ship damage to Shields only.

Just to ensure that I don't go off the reservation too much, @Legix, @Charmaylarg Dufrain . WHat is the current overall plan and shape of the war for Nepleslia, and what are we doing, and what can't I do to avoid stepping on plots that aren't running yet?

Just to ensure that I don't go off the reservation too much, @Legix, @Charmaylarg Dufrain . WHat is the current overall plan and shape of the war for Nepleslia, and what are we doing, and what can't I do to avoid stepping on plots that aren't running yet?
Work with @Charmaylarg Dufrain (who's the active component/hand I trusted to handle Nepleslia's Kuvexian stuff), we're doing things (again, Char has had plans for this he has talked about extensively, and all you need to do is talk to the GM of plots.

Surprisingly, we've worn our ideas pretty openly in discussion related to Kuvexia (although it's in the GM board). I don't post/talk about said plans outside of there/external means (like PMs) because I dislike spoiling things like that.

@Firebrand you should be able to see the FM/ GM board, now, where Char has posted plans in the Kuvexian War Planning thread about this, and possibly the Nep thread.

I also received questions and confusions about the amount of minimissiles carried by Nepleslian Armors, especially in relation to how Yamataian Armors carry vastly smaller amounts while we're toting around 70 of them per launcher in two launchers, for a total of 140. This is in addition to confusion on how the launchers can carry 70 of the smaller DARTS while also carrying 70 of the larger BOLTs.

The fix I came up with was to cut the amount of missiles carried per launcher, and then say that the launcher is capable of holding different amounts of missiles.

For the Rapid Launch System, I'd recommend a Maximum Loadout of 24 Darts, or 16 ARROWS, or 12 BOLTS- or, to allow players to mix and match, this explanation: The RLS has four launchers for missiles; each launcher can take 6 Darts, 4 ARROWS, or 3 BOLTS.

For the Extended Rack System, we'd increase this loadout by half, for six launchers in total. In other words, that'd be 36 DARTS, 24 ARROWS, or 18 BOLTS.

And of course, this is per system- the HOSTILE and AGGRESSOR mount two systems, for instance.

The other concern that was raised to me was the (atmospheric) speeds of Nepleslian PAs, once again in comparison to other PAs on the site. (As well as certain weapon ranges)

Just on atmospheric speeds alone, the Mindy has for its Maximum Atmospheric Speed (Using Turbo Aether Plasma engins) "2092 kph (1300 mph), Mach 1.69 at sea level", Compare this to the Hostile, which has a speed of "Mach 5.0" and the Aggressor which has "Mach 3.0"; Even the Raider has the more believable but still possibly too much Mach 2.5.

I don't bring up problems without having a fix already in place, and this is no exception. I based these speeds on the Mindy and Daisy II, while keeping in mind the propulsion involving, shield and field systems, as well as the idea that Yamataian Armors are lighter and faster compared to the bulkier and more acceleration focused Nepleslian systems.

For the Hostile, I would recommend
  • Ground Movement
    • Running Speed: 40 Kilometers per hour give or take, depending on the ability of the user.
  • Flight (With PID-01a)
    • Maximum atmospheric speed (for earth-like worlds): 2470 kph (1535 mph), Mach 2.0 at sea level
    • Maximum space speed : .365c (Maximum Acceleration of 12 G)
  • Flight (Gravimetric Drives)
    • Max STL in atmosphere: 120 kph (74 mph)
    • Max STL in space: .365c (instantaneous acceleration)
For the Aggressor:
  • Ground Movement
    • Running Speed: 32 Kilometers per hour give or take, depending on the ability of the user.
  • Flight (With PID-01a)
    • Maximum atmospheric speed (for earth-like worlds): 2222 kph (1381 mph), Mach 1.8 at sea level
    • Maximum space speed : .335c (Maximum Acceleration of 8 G)
    • Max STL in atmosphere: 95 kph (59 mph)
    • Max STL in space: .335c (instantaneous acceleration)
And for the Raider
  • Ground Movement
    • Running Speed: 45 Kilometers per hour give or take, depending on the ability of the user.
  • Flight (With PID-01a)
    • Maximum atmospheric speed (for earth-like worlds): 2963 kph (1841 mph), Mach 2.4 at sea level
    • Maximum space speed : .365c (Maximum Acceleration of 16 G)
    • Max STL in atmosphere: 192 kph (119 mph)
    • Max STL in space: .365c (instantaneous acceleration)

Oh yeah and a few pages meant to link to the Raider were linking to the Hostile instead- I fixed those.

Last edited:
For the speed topic. Nepleslia usually has the faster craft, armor, ships, and stuff (despite out blocky asthetic) in setting as compared to yamatai. It helps with the drawback that yamatai's tech is so much higher than our own and their weakest weapons can threaten mighty armors. Some people however dont compare speeds to sister systems like other PA so when they make these PA they pick a number that sounds right to them. A mindy might be more advances and have teleporters and modular systems and cooler stuff but a hostile or raider can out-pace them (unless they just... teleport...). Nep stuff is (and i think its written somwhere official) is faster than most cat stuff.

A re-work of damage and speeds for many nep things is planned but a very low priority right now. @Legix will have to consent or not with the speed fixes as its not something i can give the OK on since its a faction niche and i feel is a bit above me.

As for mini-missiles, i agree. That sheer amount of missiles on a fairly small frame is frankly impossible. It was frankly made with little thought to realism in mind. I know anyone who plays a hostile pilot wont count their mini-missiles. but hopefully a good GM would take note if we lowered their capacity and in turn RP in a way where the hostile simply doesnt spam mini missiles at any/everything.

i consent to a re-working of the hostiles mini-missile launcher capacity with the suggested re-working but would like to see the aggressor mount more than two bays due to its size and intent as the premier heavy assault armor of the imperium thats made to wade through oceans of cats and squids alike with more than just its primary weapon and plasma chainguns. It doesnt have to have 140 mini missiles, But more than the hostile at least.

I can give the FM stamp to that at least in an update to those two frames in the NTSE when ye re-submit them for the mini missile stuff.

I'm pretty sure that these were on the "High Priority" list along with my current project of the Devastator.

I should probably point out that, with working on all these PAs, I'm seeing a slightly different role breakdown of the PA's we've got, including the Devastator and Slayer.

Hostile: General Use mainline unit. Not specialized but takes advantage of the capabilities opened up by the other units to do the job of the bloody infantry.
Aggressor: With the Devastator, rather than be the primary 'assault' unit, the Aggressor is more of a heavy fire support unit that relies on bringing as much long range smashing power, suppressive fire, area of effect, and point smashing potential to hit hard points and support lighter armed armorsuits.
VOID: Command unit, providing blanket Electronic Warfare, Command and Control, and fire direction in a package that allows it to join the Aggressors in fire support against enemy hard points
Raider: Lightweight and agile, lacks firepower. Use for recon and for military police.
Devastator: Close in assault unit. While the Aggressor does long to medium ranged fire support, the Devastator gets in close, gets into the enemy's lines, and breaks them open for Hostiles and Slayers to exploit. Can also be used as a battlefield engineer... which given the history of Engineers and Sappers being really good at assaulting fortifications, fits.
Slayer: The AMX-10RC or Rooikat 105 to the Hostile's Leopard 2. Faster and with the same kind of hitting power, its going to be doing three things: Recon in Force, Exploitation of Situations, and a mobile Reserve.

That way, every single PA available has a role, and a player can be assured of being useful no matter what armor they want to use.

Last edited:

here's my fix for the HOSTILE's Minimissiles, which keys into my proposal for fixing the Aggressor's minimissiles load

In addition to the two Case slots, which are often taken up by ammo for larger weapons, the Aggressor adds in an Extended Rack System to the back between both Weapons Cases, and has a pair of Rapid Launcher Systems in the calves. This gives it a theoretical loadout of having three Extended Racks and two Rapid Launcher Systems in total, if the pilot chooses. Is that enough missile, @Charmaylarg Dufrain?

In the new system I'm proposing, that would be a total of 3 units with six launchers each, plus 2 units with four each, for a total of 26 launchers- each Launcher can have Six DARTS, 4 ARROWS, or 3 BOLTs for a total of: 156 DARTS or 104 ARROWS or 78 BOLTS.

So that just throw a lot of our plans into the trash. So I think I'm just going to make a list of what I'm going to try to get done in the next week and go from there

1: Reworking the Extended Rack System in line with the Rapid Launcher Missile System
2: Replacements for lost weapons (Kegbuster, LPA-01b, Multiphase cannon, Scout Cannon)
3: Replacement for lost internal systems (Brainspammer)
4: Update and Rework the DR and Speeds of currently in use PAs while moving them to the new PA template

Okay so how do we handle this ICly? At least on my end, I think we can frame it as some sort of United Maintenance Plan to standardize equipment, spare parts, and ammunition.

I'll make a news article soon/shortly to iterate on Nepleslia promoting a lot of its pre YE-35 technology into new models or things that were in closed testing. That should cover the things we can keep the name on as well as explain why Nepleslia is producing more things.

Given this context, there may be a few things I limit the total of "new" on right out of the gate so that we can make sure the new objects work and/or are up to snuff for title-carding as plot weaponry.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back