• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Nepleslian Food and Drink Industry

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
Well aside from Neppies Nepleslia's food industry is a bit sparse... no major civilian producers about or rather none that I've stumbled across and I've found myself with a recent obsession with setting something up akin to Nestle's (which is scary big in RL) or Pepsi Co. At the moment I've been steadily working on a small scale soft drink/energy drink manufacturer called NepCo which I hope to expand to fill a few of these voids but at the same time I'm not sure what needs to be done or what players want down in regards to civilian corporations and products (we have guns pretty much covered I believe) so to heap on 'what kind of food do you guys want and what kind of soda do you guys want?'. What else do you expect to see and or want to see out of nepleslia's civilian sector?

If the Nepleslians don't give you ideas, the only choice is to make some up!

The key thing here is that when you make an article for Nepleslia, don't make it generic, give it at least one nugget of excessive awesome or humor, make it fun.

Wes said:
If the Nepleslians don't give you ideas, the only choice is to make some up!

The key thing here is that when you make an article for Nepleslia, don't make it generic, give it at least one nugget of excessive awesome or humor, make it fun.

Considering the lack of attention and the fact nepleslia is almost entirely military focused I'm not sure whether to proceed on this. In the end I may just port what I have in notes to my alternate human faction.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the addition of Akemi's to Nep cuisine! Mishhu waiters? Check! Burgers? Check! Cute girls willing to do anything? Check!

This thread is woefully devoid of mentions of the Nepleslian meganut.

Considering the lack of attention and the fact nepleslia is almost entirely military focused I'm not sure whether to proceed on this. In the end I may just port what I have in notes to my alternate human faction.
How's that working out for you? I feel like this attitude of "I'm going to ignore the core factions of SARP and play in my own sandbox where I can do whatever I want" is harmful to the community. The amount of people invested in a faction is going to be proportional to the amount of resistance to change they have. So yes, "personal factions" are easy to build on, but they also lack attention and love, and--most importantly--meaningful amounts of roleplay.

I, for one, would be very excited by a Nepleslian RP where the soldiers are on the front lines of a burger joint, dealing with unruly customers, armed with headsets and spatulas! I think there's lots of room for civilian RP for the faction, besides that.

Even beyond all the crime and corruption and gang wars and vice, there's also all the civilian corporations, healthcare, and R&D supporting the wild lifestyles of the rest of the population. They could have some pretty intense scenes, too.

As far as creating factions goes, I'd encourage trying to fit them in as sub-factions before making them independent, if possible. That's what I'm doing with the one that I'm working on, though for me, it helps that I wanted them to be mostly conventional Freespacers, anyway...

There's got to be Nepleslians who live on agricultural worlds, or out in the hills, not fitting the usual stereotypes of more mainstream Neplesians due to being rural instead of urban, but still having some stuff in common, like an independent streak and a fondness for firearms. Those would be fun to see.

I, for one, would be very excited by a Nepleslian RP where the soldiers are on the front lines of a burger joint, dealing with unruly customers, armed with headsets and spatulas! I think there's lots of room for civilian RP for the faction, besides that.

Even beyond all the crime and corruption and gang wars and vice, there's also all the civilian corporations, healthcare, and R&D supporting the wild lifestyles of the rest of the population. They could have some pretty intense scenes, too.

As far as creating factions goes, I'd encourage trying to fit them in as sub-factions before making them independent, if possible. That's what I'm doing with the one that I'm working on, though for me, it helps that I wanted them to be mostly conventional Freespacers, anyway...

There's got to be Nepleslians who live on agricultural worlds, or out in the hills, not fitting the usual stereotypes of more mainstream Neplesians due to being rural instead of urban, but still having some stuff in common, like an independent streak and a fondness for firearms. Those would be fun to see.
Cool thoughts on this. I hope @Gunhand4171 is jotting down ideas for the future!

Yeah, that's exactly how I imagine Akemi's being when there's some kind of special discount or limited time menu and collector's items on sale.

Just to touch on the other part a little I've got it listed it partners with hospitals and gun stores to make treatment easier/customers to get discounts on guns or food from purchasing from one store or the other.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back