• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Nepleslian M3 Assault Weapon System

Koenig808

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=neplesia:m3aws

Haven't done one of these in a while. An attempt to create a rugged and accurate rifle for Nepleslia in order to be its final rifle. SO I DONT HAVE TO DO EVEN MORE GUN SUBMISSIONS.

Went with an AK variant look because in my mind, Nepleslia is to Yamatai as the USSR was to the USA, albeit not so antagonistic. So, yeah. Nepleslia gets accurized AKs.

Doshii, you might recognize it as something more specific but I maintain ITS AN AK VARIANT. I also noticed you have a VZ58 variant. I tried to keep it as seperate as possible and went with a roller delayed action instead of a piston action in order to differentiate it from your rifle. Didn't want to step on your toes.

Arieg, I liked that you went with a SARP-version of the 6.8 and streamlined it, so I kept it in the design.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very slick, mechanically sound and highly versatile. A handy slug-firing weapon by any measure, with AK durability melded with a more accurate firing mechanism.

Lol SIG

Lol "Pistol"

Lol.

I have no power to approve this, but it meets any criteria to which I would hold it.

Thought you changed up the ammunition from the original article based on IRC talks I've had with you, turned out to be Sigma's work.

You sound surprised, Kampfer.

While I have no technical issues with it, I have one question since this was not brought before me or any of the other leadership prior. What does it do better than the rifle it is replacing? I know naught of firearms nor their workings. Only which way to point it. I made the modified M2 last year to replace the much despised IAW kit. While I cannot speak for outside my plot, I wasn't aware that there were issues with it.

Well, the M2 is a dated design - though in IRL terms, it'd continue to see service by having modernizations and whatnot, this isn't IRL. Something newer and with nicer art will definitely be more pleasing to the eye and also make players happy as well. Not only that, but take into consideration that IC, the aging M2 was moved from IPG use to general issue. This strikes most people as a stopgap measure. Naturally, stopgaps are meant to only buy time until a more permanent solution comes up. Though this rifle article has its own problems, which I'll come back to later, I'd gladly take it over the M2. Since you asked about the traits of the gun Sigma, this rifle design is made with the knowledge that 'perfection is the enemy of good enough' and therefore deliberately avoids being over-engineered. Everything about it is only good enough to do its job, no more, no less, and as a result, it is legendary for its durability.

To a very, very, very, very, very, very absurd degree.

I really can't state it enough.

So, moving on to potential issues about the rifle. Though the rivalry between Nepleslia and Yamatai is very Cold War-esque, is a Soviet style weapon up Nepleslia's alley? I would have thought Nepleslia would have gone with a SCAR type gun instead. Maybe something like an LAR-47. Still, this is a minor issue, and one I'd be willing to overlook. The only other thing that bothers me about the gun itself is the ammo. The wording could use work, but the thing that really gets me is the Jacketed Soft Point ammo. That stuff, out of a rifle, is just as lethal as a hollow point (or even more so) and shares very similar pros and cons; it will likely be crap against body armor, but shred flesh. Literally - soft point bullets out of a rifle tend to start breaking up into sharp, jagged fragments that scatter throughout the body starting at the point of entry.

Also, I know it's been a while on the wiki, but here's your userpage Kampfer.

What does it do better than the rifle it is replacing? I know naught of firearms nor their workings. Only which way to point it. I made the modified M2 last year to replace the much despised IAW kit. While I cannot speak for outside my plot, I wasn't aware that there were issues with it.

The M2 was designed originally to be based on the direct impingement system used in the M16 series of rifles. Though improved, the system itself is still fundamentally flawed in that it redirects fouling directly into the action of a firearm. A gas piston system such as this rifle aims to solve that issue.

Furthermore, the current modified gas system uses a two round burst that has an absurdly high (for rifle standards) rate of fire on a two round burst, to the effect that the firearm can fire two shots before the user can feel the recoil. That combined with a two round burst makes a hit probability extreme

So, moving on to potential issues about the rifle. Though the rivalry between Nepleslia and Yamatai is very Cold War-esque, is a Soviet style weapon up Nepleslia's alley? I would have thought Nepleslia would have gone with a SCAR type gun instead. Maybe something like an LAR-47. Still, this is a minor issue, and one I'd be willing to overlook. The only other thing that bothers me about the gun itself is the ammo. The wording could use work, but the thing that really gets me is the Jacketed Soft Point ammo. That stuff, out of a rifle, is just as lethal as a hollow point (or even more so) and shares very similar pros and cons; it will likely be crap against body armor, but shred flesh. Literally - soft point bullets out of a rifle tend to start breaking up into sharp, jagged fragments that scatter throughout the body starting at the point of entry.

Regarding your question about the style of firearm it is: This firearm is actually more akin to a SIG 550, which can be argued to be an AK-style derivative, but made to much more exacting tolerances to the degree it is a much more accurate and equally reliable gun. It is widely regarded as a gun "that the AK wants to be and that the M16 never can be." This is what I am basing this firearm on. While not as "tactical" looking as the old M2V, it's designed to be an efficient firearm.

Regarding the whole thing about Nepleslia wanting to go with a SCAR or LAR-47 type gun: Nepleslian equipment has always favored near bulletproof robustness over equipment with the most advanced features implemented in it. Our Hostile PAs won't win any style points over Yamatai's Mindy armors, but it is a tough piece of hardware that will get the job done. Excusing me sounding a bit ham-fisted or dramatic, but that is the spirit of Nepleslia I wanted to convey in this gun: "Tough and ugly, but never useless."

I'd say yes to it if I had any authority. There is such negligible tacticooling here I actually want to use it.

I have no issues with it. Problem is that I don't believe I have the authority anymore to say yay or nay. Kokuten might. No one's quite sure who is in charge of Nepleslia.

Nobody's posted any beef with this, so I'm giving it both FM and NTSE approval.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back