• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Nepleslian Military Uniforms

I added a sports bra image.

Aendri said:
Who did the workout art? I ask only because the style isn't familiar to me.
Nicoy did. He's the artist that does the Nepleslian chibis.

Is this artist still one that you can commission, Wes? Asking for a friend, @Legix who needs some new art for the Dig-It!

Is this artist still one that you can commission, Wes? Asking for a friend, @Legix who needs some new art for the Dig-It!
I think so.

Also, wow, the Nepleslian military uniform thread is much shorter one that the Star Army of Yamatai uniform thread.

Well, we've finally pulled together an artist to make some cheap references. An example of his work can be found here. It should be noted that this is to provide references and basic artwork for tons of Nepleslian uniforms, an essential tool with the better artists for providing accurate artwork representations.

Now, as for why we're doing this in a new thread (I think we had one) is that we need to figure out what Nepleslia needs! It might seem simple, but this is more in the numerical sense. Knowing how many things of what kinds we need will make it easier to make a price range that our artist can do (he's agreed to do it, even if we roll payment on per item). The following are specific things we know we need/will be trying to get, based on the branch of Nepleslia military, followed by a general/universal list.

Nepleslian Navy
Pilot Suit (a modified version of the art we acquired before)
Lower Officer uniforms (there's a rank gap in uniforms that basically covers most of the Nepleslian Navy's service branch)
Possible Grunt Uniform sprucing/variants

Nepleslian Marines
Mechanized/Ground Crew Uniforms (such as a tanker jacket and cap/helmet)
Specialized Role Accesories (ghille-esque suits, grenadier/heavy infantry padding)
Extreme Weather Uniform variations (Desert and Arctic uniforms)
Infantry Exclusive Accessories (Ammunition bandoleers)

Nepleslian IPG
Nothing as far as we know (do we need to change/add anything to a group that has no reason to change a highly feared look?)

Nepleslia's Central Corps
Two Civilian uniforms (Dress/Day-to-Day and Field/Service)

Universal
New accessories (sashes, for example)
New Boot Types (let's face it, we need more shoes... as much as I hate them)

----------------
For those of you who don't know what the Central Corps are, just understand that they're a sorta untouched/unrefined civilian-contracted and command branch of Nepleslia. The overall TLDR is that we're looking to give Nepleslia's various specialties some love. While they could field power armor in high supply, there are moments where even the best don't need to use it. Pilot suits, different uniforms, and the like will help Nepleslia show off its grit in and out of their metal cages. The various accessories will also hopefully bolster the idea of sub-cultures within the nation (such as the Kuznyetski, among a few), along with promoting more mixed and new plots to form.

So yeh. Post here if you got ideas/specific things to suggest. @Gunhand4171 and I will be looking and discussing the things overall, whether its here or elsewhere, so understand that posting here even with an idea that isn't used could lead to a discussion that finds something we can use.

Do yer parts =3=7

One thing that always bugged me about the IPG uniform is that it looks like a uniform for the Reds. Understanding that the Greens are like GI Joes and Reds are like Cobra, the IPG and its uniform are clearly Cobra and the only color on it is red.

Also I am glad you are not messing with the standard uniform which already has great references and so much history (and character art).

The update originally stemmed from wanting to get an updated uniform, but that's a beast all its own. The biggest problem with that honestly belongs to how modifying a uniform intended for simplicity really is tough. If it comes about that people want to spruce the Nep original attire (which honestly, the accessories and variations will add shelf-life), it'd likely be on its own and be vote-based.

Hopefully we'll be seeing a new "tanker" uniform soon, though. I'll likely supply that flight suit/armor you got next to be re-engineered into a more proper Navy flight suit. So that's two things being worked on. Of course, this isn't counting that parts of these outfits are likely to be interchangeable (such as the type of glove and boots being recommended for the tanker as possible standard Marine gear), though that will best be saved for after we see them and can better visualize if it'd be sensical to mix-and-match.

If I may suggest, I think the IPG uniform could do with some minor modifications and additions. I would suggest the coat color be changed from grey to Black with red piping, and perhaps maybe a slightly shorter more choker looking collar. I would also like to suggest the addition of head wear with the IPG uniform. Perhaps a peaked style cap similar to the NSMC Dress cap, except in Black with red piping for enlisted personnel. Officers would be the same, except with a silver trim for Junior Officer(2nd Lieutenant-Captain), Gold trim for Field grade officers(Major-Colonel) with matching embroider on the bill of the cap, General ranking officers would be the same as Field Grade officers except with the addition of gold embroidery on the band of the cap. Chin Straps would be of matching color per given Rank and grade with Black being for enlisted, Silver for Junior Officers, Gold for Senior Officers(Major-General).

I suggest Black, not only because it would match the already issued pants and boots, but because Black instills a sense of superiority and elitism and to an extent fear.

I'll talk with Gunhand and see if we can't think up some ideas to present in the case of the IPG. In the meantime, the Tanker uniform for the marines has started moving. Here's a giant concept I got from the artist earlier =3=/

ai.imgur.com_c8jIk2u.png

I'm thinking either the third version or the second version with the shoulder guards from version 3 will be the way we go, due to it having a pointed hem and looking a bit more rough and tough with the belt (honestly the belt is a sick coincidence that the artist threw on). The bottom design the artist showing a form of the initial efforts to give the operators an integrated air filter into the uniform's collar. If we end up sticking with the idea, it'd end up being more stylish than its current iteration more than likely... but I figured I'd post it here and see how people are liking the art style of it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it just make more sense to put tank personnel in coveralls? Back when Nepleslia was part of the Uesureyan Star Empire (pre-Yamatai), tank operators wore a coverall/jumpsuit with a traditional flak vest. An example of this uniform is the male in this artwork:

fetch.php

The sketches look more like a dress uniform with a "suit jacket" with lots of buttons and a fancy collar and lapels, it doesn't look like something designed for combat in the sweaty, sooty interior of a tank.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back