• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[Neshaten] - Graviton Bomb rework

club24

Everything Is Magical
So at the hesitant go ahead from @Ametheliana i am submitting all 5 of these at once, most of the info on them is directly pulled from the old WIP pages which are still on the site currently but will be removed after this, i rescaled some of the values to be a little less extreme in my eyes though i wanted to try and keep the original intentions similar.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:faction:neshaten:graviton_bomb they will replace the current links on this page as well when sorted out here and i'll update the info to match

Adding ontop of ame's request heres my first set of requests:

The article should be in the wip:faction:neshaten:weapons namespace as this is, infact, a bomb.

"One of the numerous Graviton Bomb, " is worded very strangely and should fit better into the starting text of its section.

"Stats" should be something like "About" or a similar header.

a 2m explosive for a 1.5m bomb is extremely small. A good reasoning behind this is a that a hand grenade the size or a baseball can damage up to a 5m sphere around itself. This scales up to the other articles that have considerably large sizes for such small payloads with the excepion of the Gb-5 which has a payload equivalent to a 350MT nuclear bomb. Which goes well beyond the damage scale acceptable by an unguided weapon. As an anti city weapon it could get away with 20-30km as an explosive radius and still be able to wipe out 90% of NewYork city and kill the rest and surrounding area with shockwave and pressure alone. The scale its currently at puts it past being a city-killer and WMD and puts it into a doomsday weapon class which are usually things like T-15 Aether weapons yamatai uses and the calypso bombs nepleslia once made to kill planets.

The damage is also too low. The gravitron bomb page lists the Gb-1 at minimum at T-5. This scales for most of the other sub-articles which most are also a tier under what they are listed on the gravitron bomb page.

This part isnt a request for a change but more just advice. There are no bombs that are safe to drop around or in civilian areas.

The Gb-4 article uses tables instead of lists as compared to the other articles and should be fixed.

@club24 please take note of the changes requested of ametheliana and i and get back to me. If you make these changes so i can get to them sunday at the latest.

I've decided i'm going to completely scrap the biggest and the smallest from this list and instead rework the other three to be a little more spread apart, a full new article from the ground up so this submission can be marked as abandoned and i'll make a new thread when they're ready, for whichever ntse/staff sees this first

EDIT: i'll be deleting all the WIP pages linked in this thread as well and making new ones based on the feedback from char, once they go up I'll remove the old originals kyle made ages ago

Understood. For now im putting this in the Abandoned/Rejected subforum. This does not mean the end for this submission but just moving it somwhere to de-clutter the active submissions until you re-open the submission.

If you feel the new articles are justifiable enough to the old that you feel as though it can continue comment here when you want to re-open the submission with the new namespaces (unless they are the same) and the links to any/all namespaces and i will edit them over the old ones.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back