• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Neshaten] Ni'ocon Heavy Gunship

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:neshaten:ni_ocon_heavy_gunship
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
So I this is my first step towards officially clearing up the Neshie wiki, this article was almost fully completed before I got hold of it and uses 99% of the original articles values and descriptions including the artwork which Kyle has given me permission to continue using on this site.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

This is an excellent article, and props to you for bringing back something incomplete and completing it.
Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. The DR ratings are a bit wonky, I'm guessing from the conversion process.

1 a. The ship itself should be at tier 9 rather than at tier 7.

1 b. The Burster assault cannon should be listed at tier 9 rather than 5.

2. I'm in a bit of a pickle here. This section of DRv3 says that barriers are always on tier with the units fielding them, but there's a fairly large precedent set of allowing this guideline to be looked over. Whether or not those decisions have been made in error aside, I'm not sure what to do about this. I might need to think about it, but suggestions are welcome.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

People should know by now that my speciality is making things underpowered XD

Honestly i was more just guessing values than any real conversion but if those are what you think are best then I'll change em in about 40 minutes

Well all i can say is, least they didn't end up being overpowered lol, anyway with the barrier thing you mentioned, i guess that was more my personal decision too so I'll bump it up as well. If i had to guess why i always make shields lower i guess that from everything I've watched in regards to sci fi the shields tend to feel weaker than the ship itself, but anyway, changed inbound shortly

On their weapon page, they have several firing modes, with the lowest being 3 and the highest being 7, and I know we're meant to list the highest one but given that this weapon is most likely going to be using fast firing modes it might give the wrong impression for anyone glancing at the page, so I listed its range of damage to inform readers that it has different abilities.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

this ship, is now the biggest approved neshie ship

EDIT: I currently have no idea how many ships the neshaten have, no real numbers associated with it since they don't really need a fleet
they're not at war with anyone

Last edited:
You know what, im not even going to pretend that I haven't made a stupid mistake for like a month despite only now realising I've been looking in the air space craft area the whole time. I knew about that page i just for some dumb reason never scrolled to the bottom because apparently I'm just that stupid.

Regardless half the other ships are still wip and im betting several others probably need a retrofit all of which im going to just ignore for a while since i have other priorities

RPG-D RPGfix
Back