• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Neshaten] Shukara Covert SMG

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:neshaten:guns:shukara_covert_smg
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:faction:neshaten:ammunition:6mm_ap_needle

the new ammo, very much just a slightly bigger version of the previous type
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
made to take the first step in bolstering the neshie weapon list as they currently have no SMG's, poor foxies

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
For style purposes, please move all the headers up one lever larger (The ====== H1 Title Header ====== needs to be followed by an ===== H2 ===== not an ==== H3 ==== and so forth, where they only change by one level lower at time when going down the page ). Also, please use American English spellings on the Star Army wiki. If you need help with this I can make the changes for you.

i was just going by the template in terms of headers so it should probably be updated on that page in that case, and I can take care of spelling

Thanks, I've updated the template somewhat to help.

cool, also i went through to check spelling but the wiki auto spell check didn't find any instances of english instead of american, just a bunch of words that needed separating with a - so if you can see any feel free to fix them, for obvious reasons I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Okay. I noticed that you put it as Damage tier 3, but submachineguns should probably be Tier 1 (like most pistol rounds). Tier 2 is for full rifles.

i based this one off an existing neshie pistol however increased the size of each round, which are needles, so they're 10cm long and 6mm thick and it shoots 20 a second so i figured it would compound a little bit, but if we're basing the tier on individual shots then yeah they probably would be 1 or even 2.

I'm still just confused as i am told something different every time, like how apparently each shotgun shell tier is the tier of a single pellet not the combined effort of the whole shell. To me it just made more sense to give a sort of, overall rating so tier 3 in this case would be a second of holding the trigger as the weapon itself does not have a single round fire mode.

EDIT: I'm fine with dropping it down a tier or two however

We can go with Tier 2.

sounds good to me, I'll go make the changes.

Was there anything else that stood out to you? I've done the headers as well

No, that's it.

This submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

although seeing as how almost every weapon is basically being downscaled, exactly what are they being compared to to be shown as OP XD, im going to assume this has something to do with the big commotion I saw regarding weapon values recently?

Might just be better to use that as the reason @FrostJaeger ;3

They're being compared to submachine guns in general - more on that in a second - and yes, it's due to the big commotion regarding weapon values.

The reason I don't want to point to a specific SMG (or weapon in general) is due to the fact that doing so would set the precedent that a weapon can be rated as Tier X if it has Y muzzle velocity/Z bullet size/etc., regardless of whether or not the weapon is a pistol, shotgun, rifle, or sniper rifle - which would make the DRv3 system even more numbers-intensive then it already is and go against its core purpose of emphasizing roleplay over tabletop-style number crunching.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back