• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

New Denizen

Grin

Inactive Member
Hello Star Army! The majority of my friends on the internet call me Grin, though I've been known by several other menial "titles." I found your wonderful writing community while browsing Deviantart for power armor, and was immediately intrigued by the Star Army commissions I took note of. I too enjoy to write occasionally with my friends, specifically writing of the roleplay variety. I'm a twenty one year old husband with a little boy on the way, and unfortunately an excess of free time on my hands. Throughout my years as a teenager I frequently participated in roleplaying boards, though all of them seem to be very dissimilar to Star Army in structure and execution. Which on retrospect doesn't seem to be very detrimental to this community.

At the moment I'm looking for a writing community to participate in, and other suchs options I've explored haven't met with much success. Star Army seems to be much more processional which is something that I'm glad for. Hopefully I will get to meet you all soon on the IRC, and I will be certain to have a completed character sheet posted on the wiki for review by tomorrow evening. :)

Welcome to Star Army Roleplay Grin.

I am Nashoba, one of the Site Admins, Game Master. I am Faction Manager for the Hidden Sun Clan, a race of felines, and co FM for Yamatai, and Neshaten.

It is always good to see new players. The IRC is a great place to meet some of the regulars, and if you have questions to get quick answers. You can also post your questions here and we will respond as well.

There are two kinds of roleplay available on SARP. If you want to dive in and get started you can join one of the several "Open Roleplay' threads, which are non-canon and do not require that you create a character. If you want a more structured roleplay, you can join one of the many plots that we have. There are multiple factions available, and you can join one or more at your discretion.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you start by reading our New Players' Guide, to get you up and running and quickly as possible.

Welcome! I'm Wes, ye olde site founder dude. I want to personally welcome you to Star Army and if there's anything at all I can do to help you transition from looking around our seemingly endless wiki to being an active player and contributor, tell me and I'll help however I can. As Nashoba said there's various ways to use SARP:
  • You can join RP threads in Open RP, which is basically freeform but all set in the Star Army universe
  • You can join an organized plot. There are 16 active plots listed right now.
  • You can make your own RP thread
  • Hang out in OOC
  • Fill in the universe's gaps and add to its edges by writing wiki articles
So what questions can I answer for you?

Also, congratulations on your future tiny human!

Welcome grin, I'm Rizzo... Just Rizzo.

I joined a little while ago and I'm still finding new stuff in the wiki. You too will have a black belt in search fu in no time! Hope you have fun

I'm a twenty one year old husband with a little boy on the way, and unfortunately an excess of free time on my hands.

This is going to very drastically change in the future, so don't get used to it. ;)

I have two little ones myself, and while my husband did admittedly tend to avoid me a lot while I was pregnant, he still stepped in to help anytime he needed to. The best advice I can give you to prepare for the life-changing experience you're about to have dropped on you is this: be nice to your wife. I mean, really, REALLY nice. And have patience to spare. Pregnancy and childbirth do weird things to a woman's body and mind.

With that out of the way, welcome to SARP! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Greetings Grin, I'm fairly new here myself but I can already tell you that the community is very helpful and welcoming to new players.

Hope you find your stay here enjoyable and maybe I'll run into you in a plot or two.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back