• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

New guy, Old Roleplayer

shadowclasper

Inactive Member
So I've been doing this almost since I was 14, when I first found Drowtales. Been hoping between rp communities ever since, mostly hanging out on /tg/ recently, but my old friend Dumont contacted me and directed me here, so I thought 'what the hell', and started making a character. Been spending the last few days doing that and just reading the wiki, so hope I'm fairly boned up on the setting.

I live in southern louisiana, and I design videogames. Current project is this one: http://towergirlsthegame.tumblr.com/

The demo is getting a big UI overhaul and the beginning of a new questline in a few days, but you can still download it from there.

Welcome! Make yourself at home. If you have any questions feel free to PM the faction managers or any of the staff, everyone around here's SUPER helpful!

I actually need to PM the FMs for Nepleslia to go over a character of mine and help me flesh it out a tiny bit more. Since he's a veteran ID-SOL.

Look at you being all helpful like you're not brand new yourself. Good job, @ExperimentAlpha keep it up! :D Anyway, so @shadowclasper welcome, officially, to SARP. It's good to know you've got a fair amount of experience under your belt. I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with.

Standard notation time: Unlikely as it may be for someone who's been playing as long as you, there are several people here with quite a bit of experience if you find yourself stuck, somehow or another. Feel free to hit any of us up if you want some tips or help.

Getting stuck in a new setting or in a new community is par for the course, no amount of experience can allow you to totally avoid that sort of thing! Thanks for the heads up though :) so far everyone I've met here is wonderful.

Welcome, Shadow, to the Star Army Role-Play. We're glad to have you.

A longtime roleplayer like yourself can bring some good perspective to our corner of the Net. If you need an ear for any stumbles or exemplary bits you find here, I'm primed to listen.

Actually I'm about done with my current character for Zack's and Gunhand's rps, I could use some help ripping him up a bit and making him better (particularly in the inventory section, I know I want to break it down into 3 IP-SOL sized carrying bags. 2 duffle bags and a backpack, think I got the duffle bag contents down, but having trouble figuring out what sorta things a medic would carry, or would have access to when they're a retired Nepheslian Medical NCO)

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:rip_d._torr

Still fiddling with him, waiting on a response from the Nepheslia FMs and such before I full deploy him for approval in the character threads, but any help would be wonderful.

The biggest issue I see by just scanning over the page is his appearance vs. his age. It says he's nearly 40, and he looks like he's nearly 40. ID-SOLs are clones. If he's nearly 40 years old, that means that, physically, he's closer to 60.

When they're cloned, they come out as young adults. SARP registers their ages based on their actual age. Several Neko's will have their age set at 2 or 3 when they start play. If your guy is 40 years old, that means his appearance should be closer to that of a 60 year old, unless you have a reason for him not aging for 20 years. If you want him to look 40, then he would only be around 20 years old.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back