• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

New in town

Bgottsch

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
Howdy yall. My name is Benjamin, I'm new to the site. I'm an aspiring writer who loves science fiction. Trouble is I'm struggling to make a character. If anyone can help me, that would be a great help.
Currently the character I had an idea for is a cyborg who's greatest desire is to explore, and loves reading about, and listening to the old stories about the adventures of astronauts from earth. Stories that I imagine have become greatly exaggerated overtime to extreme scenarios. The character I envision is a pilot, with the appropriate cybernetic enhancements for such a task. If anyone can give me some advice on what I should do for such a character, and help me get through creating my first one, I'd love it.

welcome to the site, looks like you've got a good idea of what you want to play while you're here.

Cyborgs, done, we got plenty of options for that.

exploration, there is a few adventure style plots out there, i can point you towards a couple including one of my own

stories about astronauts, this is a little tricky, earth is actually not included in SARP history and is not a known planet both in location or history ect, bascially its so far in the future that no one knows about it anymore i guess, though you can have them reading stories about explorers of current times or recent history

above all however, have you looked at the wiki site yet? Because there is a whole lot of info there including species, factions ect

it also has templates for making characters

Hi I'm Jack a staff member in training
I run the newest faction called Section 6 (New Dusk Conclave in character). They've just moved to a new planet and star system. Largely it and anything within light years around, has not been explored, which they'll need someone to do in order to expand out and establish their territory. A growing young nation with an idealistic outlook, and a urge to learn and create new technologies. They also have a still growing navy(space force).

There are like little bits of lore on the wiki about old space travel around the Kikyo sector during the original colonization. Cybernetics are also widely used in setting, in many forms in fact, even S6. Actually now that I think about it, there is a IC film dramatization about early space exploration in Kikyo. Search "By Starlight" on the wiki if you want to check out the article on it.

Welcome! I can say that finding a plot before making a character helps a lot! Here is a list of active plots that can help you get started there! Though, I will say that a cyborg pilot fits awfully well into @Charmaylarg Dufrain's Aquila Flight plot, so I do recommend that plot for your concept, specifically. Sometimes people don't know, but you can make multiple characters and put them in multiple plots, so it's okay to spread your ideas around to multiple characters and to try out different plots all at the same time.

Again, welcome, and I hope you have a lot of fun here!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back