• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

New recruit...

Kayla

Inactive Member
As you can probably guess from the thread title, the fact that you've likely never heard my name before, and that this is posted in the Introduction board, I'm new here to Star Army.

You might also be able to tell that I quite frankly suck at making introduction threads. It's the one thing I hate the most about joining new sites.

Right, about myself... well, I've been RPing on forums and other forms for... lemme do the math real quick... *cracks open a calculator* 12 - 25 = ...thirteen years! I still wouldn't call myself a veteran or an expert, because I always find people that are a lot better than me, and write far more eloquently than I could ever hope to.

Right, what else... I'm a huge bibliophile, and I'm an equally big fan of sci-fi (you probably guessed, otherwise, why would I even be here?) and the fantasy genres, I love food, I love to cook, and my dream is to become a chef.

That's all I can think of... though, feel free to throw any and all questions my way!

Hello Kayla,

Welcome to SARP. I am Nashoba, one of the Site Admin's, a Game Master and Faction Manager for the Poku Saeruo Degonjo (Hidden Sun Clan).

We are always glad to see new faces (virtually). If there is anything we an do to help you get started feel free to ask.

We have a lot of different races you can play, and a wide range of plots to join. I recommend if you haven't already done so that you check out our New Players Guide.

If you have questions, you can always post them here, or check out our IRC, there is almost always someone there who can answer most general questions.

Hello again!

Thanks for your patience and working with me to sort out the registration issue you had. 13 years is a long time in the world of RPGs and that's about how long Star Army has been around.

Since you mentioned you're a Bibliophile, I wanted to ask if you're an Honorverse fan. I've just come back from a convention where Nashoba and I were able to meet David Weber and I've just started on his series of Honor Harrington books and I was wondering what you thought of them.

Welcome Kayla.

I hope you enjoy it here at Star Army, lots of fun to be had, lots of adventures to be written. I hope you and I can be good friends :D!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Yes, Nashoba, I have checked out the New Players' Guide, and I'm working getting up my character right now, an NH-33 Technician in the Yamatai Star Army.

It was no problem, Wes. I was just a bit shocked it believed me to be a bot. I promise, I'm not a soulless device created to spam! ;__;
But no, I haven't heard of the Honor Harrington series. I'm a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien (I read The Lord of the Rings once a year), I've read all of the books in the Song of Ice and Fire series, Wheel of Time by G.R.R. Martin, the Deeds of Paksenarrion and it's sequel, Paladin's Legacy by Elizabeth Moon, the Dune Series by Frank Herbert, the Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton, Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett... and a bunch more I can't remember at the moment.

Thanks Semjax! I hope so too.

'ello!

Now, now, you jus' came in an' yah already got a frown on yer face? That ain't no good Kayla - and I can tell ya' are plenty good enough to not need ta' worry about the how's or the who's. An' really with those out of the hat and down with the cat all ya' need ta' worry on is the "what's" and that should only come down ta' the amount of fun you end up finding for yerself around and about this old plane.

So, welcome and a cheery salutations ta' yah! Leave your worry at the door and just come on in and dance widdershins - for we have amusement in every direction!

P.S.
If'n yah never had the hands to lay on any of the books from the series Wes mentioned I'd direct you over ta' the http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/
At least, if ya' aren't a lover ta' books based off their snazzy scent alone!

I'd also check out the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher if you're a book person. Great writing, with very well reasoned and written characters.

That is a great series, I've met Jim, he's quite the character. He also has another series the Codex Alera which is a good read, that came about because of a dare.

Just released the fifteenth book in the series last month, and I can honestly say it's one of the few series that I don't look forward to ending. He's done a great job of justifying the continued series.

Heh, for me, that's Gaunt's Ghosts. I absolutely adore that series. Wheel of Time, as much as I like it, I'm glad is ending with book 14.

Ok mr.new person, I love you and now will adopt you as my new pet! ^.^

Any one who is an ghosty can't be all bad.

I'm the gm of the soyokaze, and the fm of the azorians

Welcome

Miss new person, but thank you. Will I be given plenty of treats?

And who's your favourite Ghost then, person whom shares a name with a certain adorable long tongued egg laying dinosaur?

First I apologize about the miss guess on the sex, won't matter much one I have you spayed.

I adore crid, try was my faverot. And milo was a kick. But I live learning more about gaunt.

Yeah, I adore Tona too. I quite like Larkin and, now that he's no longer that much of a bastard, Rawne. And it's hard to dislike Gaunt.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back