• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

New Species Interest Check

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Their humanoid form looks pretty cool, would play.

Too bad they're not from the Astral Cluster!

@Orion I would like to know more about what avenues you would like to see in their characteristics and etc.

For now their history is pretty solid in that they are used as natural gas miners and subjugated by bigger stronger dragons aggressors and they're just sort of like the mole people that Yamatai will lend a helping hand to. Their entire civilization, personality types, and characteristics are all up for discussion besides for the undergroun-dwelling gas harvesters that are sort of scaredy cats parts.

They have the ability to reorganize their cell structure via gene splicing and replication with the enhancement of specific RNA that facilitates this power-hungry change in their bodies. Again, up for discussion.

@Ametheliana Honestly, what draws me to play a faction, a race, a game in general is always the connective tissue. What makes them tick, what are their stories and myths, what are their deepest beliefs? What holds up that structure? What breaks it down? What are the contradictions that suffuse their culture?

What the specific answers to those things are is less important to me than that connective tissue *being* there. It's what made Elysia attractive to me at the outset of my time here: the tension between religious dogma and lived experience, an honor culture faced with military devastation and how they dealt (or didn't) with that. It's what made the Iromakuanhe attractive to me later: a deeply peaceful culture with a lot of violence hidden under the surface, a mix of mysticism and transhumanism. A strong sense of religion in both of them certainly didn't hurt, it's a thing I find fascinating in most forms.

Dragon people are pretty cool just on their own merits! But Star Army doesn't exactly lack for things that pass the rule of cool. I'm always interested in the reasons why the cool thing keeps going.

The art is great. I think if you lost the tail the humanoid form would be a fine alien character species. I'm not sure how I feel about yet another 'furry' type of species, though. Especially another shapeshifter. I'm not sure that's really what SARP feels like to me, or what I'd want to see to draw me here.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back