• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

New to Star Army.

Zeeb

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
I was recently introduced to the forums by a friend and am slowly but steadily reading up on the lore and setting. I hope to get involved sooner than later!

What do you call yourself?
Zeeb

How'd you find Star Army?
A friend of mine introduced me to it.

What interested you in joining?
I've been looking for expansive sci-fi RP for a while now.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes, pen and paper as well as forum/chat text RP.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
Assorted GURPS campaigns, D&D 2.5, and Shadowrun mostly, with a few attempts at others.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    Whatever fits the campaign.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Both have their places.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Civilian.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Aliens, androids, humans, in that order.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Starships seem to condense the RP nicely.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    I have a terrible work schedule, so my ability to do real-time RP is limited.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: Any
  • Violence: 2?
  • Sexuality: Any
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I'd like to try my hand at synthetics again at some point, though mostly I want to expand my scifi military RP, as it isn't something I've done much of.

Last edited:
Hiyaaaaaaa!

If you want a plot to join, all of the ones in my signature are open!!

I hope you have fun here!

I suggest being wary of Ame's plots if you want to be a bachelor for a while. She's got this spoopy shipping aura thing.

Otherwise her plots are pretty awesome, which is great. If you're looking for something a bit more focused around mystery and exploration, the YSS Ryūjō by @Navian is a nice plot to look in to.

Sci-fi military RP on a ship is definitely what the Ryujo is, yup. And most of the Star Army (and as a consequence, the civilian population of Yamatai) is synths, although they're the bioroid kind. Aliens and androids are a good fit, since the Ryujo's crew is mostly non-standard races.

I see you marked 3 for all three ratings, which is definitely not normally my thing, although currently Ryujo still seems to have more blood, gore, and violence than almost any other plot ongoing at the moment, despite being at rating 2. And despite that they're currently fighting an enemy that refuses to fight with lethal force. I'm not sure if that's an incentive.

Hey @Zeeb, how are things so far? Do you need any help with anything?

What's your impression of Star Army so far?

Glad to hear you're still with us. There's no rush, so don't feel pressured. I just wanted to know if you were still interested and if you could use a hand.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back