• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

NH-29 Nekovalkyrja (Brainstorming)

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
  • Based on NH-17, designed for natural birth and reproduction cycle.
  • Neko ears with human type positioning
  • Hands: Three fingers plus thumb, no fingernails
  • Feet: Four toes of about equal size (second to middle is longest)
  • Not as fabulously strong (not needed so much now that we have power armors)
  • Don't form objects out of blood (except organ regrowth)
  • Heal all injuries within 3 days (not as fast)
  • Long lifespan--100 years (As opposed to only 25 years for NH-17)
  • New type of connection to replace SLICS? (Shoulder holes)
  • Front teeth: VUUV (only two flat ones between canines)
  • NH-17 style anti-gravity (float) abilities
  • Computer-style memory and telepathic data-transfer ability
  • Body hair: very short and thin, except for long, straight hair on the head.
  • Enhanced reproductive orifice?
  • Lower dietary and energy requirements

Wes said:
Enhanced reproductive orifice?

And that's how you can tell a man sits on the Yamataian throne again.

For additional kicks and giggles, imagine the conversation that must have taken place at PNUgen R&D.

XD

Anyway. Um, I kinda miss the battle tentacles, but I agree that it wasn't being used much to begin with.

I am going to miss having a reason to say "battle tentacles", though. :D

I take it this will make the Nekos able to reproduce.

An interesting concept, but I wonder what the social consequences of this would be.

If you can mass-produce something, why would it need to be able to reproduce and add more to its population? Wouldn't the thought of that start to scare the other races?

Tyler said:
I have a good idea: make them 100% Sexless (androgynous)??

*gasp* Blasphemy! :D

We'll need an IC reason for toning down the fast-heal ability. (Maybe the Nekos are deemed to be too reckless in battle?)

Or it creates cancers. Which cause it's immune system to be constantly batteling against cancerous cells so that it is not at peak efficiency.

We'll need an IC reason for toning down the fast-heal ability.
My thought was actually that Nekos currently burn through their body's energy stores very fast (more an hour of combat will leave a neko ready to pass out) and the newer ones would be designed to be more conservative and stable over longer periods of time.
I have a good idea: make them 100% Sexless (androgynous)??
No, they're made to become a natural population that no longer need to be produced artificially. Without vaginas, they couldn't deliver babies.
I take it this will make the Nekos able to reproduce.
Yes, it would. At the moment, their ability to do so is swwtched on or off depending on the individual neko. All NH-29, however, would be able to have babies.
If you can mass-produce something, why would it need to be able to reproduce and add more to its population?
To give them independence from the HS factories and to reduce the need for mass production.

More questions/ideas? I want to be very detailed about this race (one of the main problems with some of the later nekos is lack of info).

Exactly how much stronger than humans are Neko?

I'd also like to have this answered for the older ones, since I couldn't find a reliable place that states how strong they are. Physicly. Weight lifting etc.

Zakalwe said:
Exactly how much stronger than humans are Neko?

I'd also like to have this answered for the older ones, since I couldn't find a reliable place that states how strong they are. Physicly. Weight lifting etc.
I couldn't find it either off-hand, at least not the one I was looking for. I did find this, though (older models):

PNUgen Corporation/ WickedArms Industries NH-7a5&NH-7b5

Maximum Running Speed: 35.8 mph
Maximum Jump Height: 22 feet
Maximum Ground Carry Load: 4100 lb.
Operating Temperature Limits: -145 to +295 deg. F
Normal Internal Temperature: 103 deg. F
G-Force limitations: 29g
Active Stealth Effectiveness: NA
Maximum Stealth Operation Time: 0.
Minimum Unstealth Time: NA
Maximum Heavy Combat Time: About 75 minutes.
Body Refresh Time: 20 minutes minimum

WickedArms Industries NH-7y5 Type S

Maximum Running Speed: 35.8 mph
Maximum Jump Height: 23 feet
Maximum Ground Carry Load: 1850 lb.
Operating Temperature Limits: -145 to +295 deg. F
Normal Internal Temperature: 103 deg. F
G-Force limitations: 25g
Active Stealth Effectiveness: 98%
Maximum Stealth Operation Time: 70 minutes.
Minimum Unstealth Time: 12 minutes (Impossible to stealth in combat)
Maximum Heavy Combat Time: About 95 minutes.
Body Refresh Time: 9 minutes minimum

I guess the real question is how can machines produce babies? The womb is quite a complex environment to recreate. And what do the children of nekos and some other race come out as? Are they part robot (wow, just wow)?

The genetic questions are a little boggling.

What kind of sociological implications can we expect from a man-made, self-realizing machine that can also reproduce? We kinda saw what happened on Nepleslia.

I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Edited because I don't like the attention my original comment brought to a productive thread.

Tom said:
I guess the real question is how can machines produce babies? The womb is quite a complex environment to recreate.
The Nekovalkyrja are complex organisms, with real cells and real blood (just full of neat molecules humans don't get).

Tom said:
And what do the children of nekos and some other race come out as?
As with most real species, they cannot interbreed with others not in their species (human girls can't have babies with chimpazees, for example).

What kind of sociological implications can we expect from a man-made, self-realizing machine that can also reproduce? We kinda saw what happened on Nepleslia.
We can expect racial tension, among other things.

Well, if they follow one the current method of reproduction, they will reproduce copies of themselves asexually as NH-17s do. Pregnancy occurs when the female starts thinking about having babies a lot (kind of like how boners occur when men think about making babies).

There could be male ones, though, I suppose.

Thinking about having babies and then having them? Eh, I dunno.

Male/female neko reproduction would be very cool. There's something hard about replacing that whole neato half-half chromosome relationship.

I was thinking about that, you'd have to have a reasonable ratio X to Y in the speices if you plan to have a normal reproductive cycle you'd be forced to mass produce a male (or as such) Neko, course you could all ways have a designed semen that is artificially created that Neko's could mail order or something. I mean after a few years there'd be (probably) enough males in the gene pool to replace the artificial sperm.

Well, we could also have them be able to switch parts like frogs do.

Once again, the conversation takes a disturbing turn. XD

Male Nekos: I'm worried about a population explosion that the economy can't support, unless we start devoting serious discussion time to contraceptives. :p The flavor of the RP would also change if you take half of my catgirls away. :( Otherwise, no serious objections.

Wes's PLAN FROG: ... Um, no thanks.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back