• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission NH-Y-1 Mola-class Exploration Vessel

Whisper

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:noval_heavy_industries:mola
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Hey friends,

This is the Mola, a multi-mission exploration craft that's highly customizable. I tried to make it diverse enough that it could be used as a backdrop or as part of various larger groups, but fleshed out enough that if someone wanted to do some RP involving one they'd be well supported.

It's combat abilities and such are pretty minimal, so I'm not expecting too many concerns there. :)

Thanks!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Needs FM Approval, Then I will take this one. @Jack Pine

Couple of changes that I would like to request, one only being a request, the other more of a suggestion. First, I would like to ask that a price in the local currency of DS be added as well, and secondly I'd like to suggest the falcon tunnel drive be added since it's our local form of FTL. I'm pretty sure the HFDs currently listed would have to be bought from yamatai, but one of the others who knows more can correct me if they want on that. I just figured it would be the cheaper and easier option for production is all. But with that aside.....
ndc_fancy_seal_-_fm_approval_version.png

Currency change has been made. Talked to Jack and I'm going to keep the current drive system if there's no other objections to it. The article for the Falcon Drive makes it clear that it isn't a best-on-the-market type thing which is what Noval would prefer for that type of tech.

Does seem like it could be an opportunity to do some R&D on an updated drive system for the NDC, though? Going to talk to relevant folks.

I will wait until you are ready.

I'm good for you to give it a look. Any updates to NDC's FTL tech wouldn't be driven by a craft of this type and Jack's fine with Noval sourcing from elsewhere.

Hi.

1. I would prefer the hyperspace fold drive was listed in the same unit as the Starship Speed Standards. It currently listed in ly/h. Please change it to ly/m. (Reference: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:starship_speed_standard)
  2. What is the bridge dome made of? Transparent Durandium? This Is a little unclear as to what it is actually made of.
  3. There are several opportunities for wiki link-ins in the articles. Keywords that can be wikified. Please take the time to go through the article and address them.
Overall it is a good design, take some time to address these things. Status: Approval Pending

Hey!

1. I updated the speed to ly/m as requested.
2. Added a mention of the material in a few places. Transparent Durandium is what I had in mind.
3. I added some more links, including some stuff that I think probably doesn't need links, but could have one. If I'm missing anything at this point I've either overlooked it or am unaware of the opportunity. Feel free to point stuff out if you'd like.

I also added sensor drone launchers for the Whiskers that I just recently became aware of, because they're a great fit and I like to use other people's stuff. No other major details changed in the add.

Thanks!

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back