• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Nocturnal Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
The light of two moons gently illuminated a quiet path, shining through the gaps in the trees. A dark figure walked slowly down the path, not hiding his presence, but not advertising it either. But their was no-one to see him, no one awake, and no-one around even if they where. He came in sight of a comfortable, single story cabin. The figure could hear the sea laping against the pebble beach, causing a shimmering, simmering sound. The figure adjusted his coat before heading straight for the right hand side, right past a sapling cherry tree that concelaed a coal shoot from the path. Or at least it looked like a coal shoot, never the less the figure drew a passage from beneath his coat and placed it in the shoot, making sure it went down.

The figure straightened, and walked back to the path, and passed down the moonlit corridor before disapearing into the night.

An hour or so after the guest left Kai returned from a weeklong trip to Ralt on business and checked the mail bin to see what he had missed and sat at the kitchen table and flipped through them. "Hmm. ads mostly.." he sighed. His eyes fell upon it, a medium sized ....jewel with exquisite construction: The bundle of papers and data is in a plastic seal, which had had all of the fingerprints burnt of with acid. It was in a black, perfect diamond box, which was laminated, with the fingerprints removed along with a gel-like medium that contained the items. The contents were sealed in a complex lock, ballistics gel, and inch thick laminate. "hello this has to be important if it's packed into this." Kai said and looked at the lock and contents.

After a bit of probing he used his talents to feel out the lock and quickly got it open after figuring out how it worked, the box opened with a hiss as air rushed into the airtigh compartment; Kai then used a sharp paring knife to slice the ballistics gell open and removed the contents and set the container aside and looked at the thich laminate. "Hmm..." He muttered "too thick for a knife to cut through easily without sawing."

He focused his mind and concentrated and focused his power on the laminate guiding it's path with his finger and slowly, carefully sliced the laminate away without damaging the interior papers and data discs. "Alright so what do we have here.." he asked and sat down to read it.

Taisho Ashigari

I am sorry I have not been able to come into contact with you sooner, but I have spent a long time on this, confirming my suspicions, also there was some family business of my own, I don’t want to go into it. It is my belief that your brother did not rape and murder Kohana. And I have evidence to back this up.

When I found out about the murder I looked up the sensor details of the Horizon. We kept a visual and audio sensors running all over the public areas, and the corridors, and so it was a simple thing to work out what disguises your brother and Kohana where using. Using this information I monitored their movements around the ship, looking through the records, and at the very least it is clear to see that Kohana was not kidnapped. Her relationship with Kenji was not that of a hostage, but one of father-daughter affection, which is what would have been suspected, if my information recording their previous relationship is correct. It is also clear that she knew his true identity, shown through her reference to him as “Daddyâ€

Awaiting him on the docking bay of the Horizon stood a small and lively looking man. The very air apeared to be buzzing with excitement, not to help that he had created a halo of bees for himself. He strode up to Kai

"Kai Ashigari, long time no see! How are you doing? Do come this way." Kip said in a familiar manner. And bagan to lead him down a corridor.

Kai just smirked tolerantly his empathic field already telling him this person, wasn't a person at all. Cmon? Who'd surround themselves willingly in bees..other than beekeepers and Kai got a feeling that this wasn't a beekeeper. "So this is Horizon where it happened hmm?" He asked with a bit of a meloncholy tone to his voice. The living whip he always had at his hip silently coiled around his arm from his shoulder as he carried a large briefcase looking bag, probably containing the data and papers and artistic supplies.

Kip didn't miss a beat "Yes this is the Horizon, and this is where it happaned. I'm sorry for that by the way, I wasn't really functioning then, otherwise I like to feel I would have been able to stop it." Kip actualy did look quite sad, a crime occuring on him taking a toll. The bees quietly faded from existance.

Kai waved it off as they walked, "Would you be so kind as to show me to the place where it happened?" He asked professionally. "I have ways of finding out things, it has to do with place memory." Kai explained. His red and gold robes riffling out behind him as he walked the hardsoled boots making a harsh sound with each step. Kai's alert emerald colored eyed scanned the interior of the Horizon for embedded clues in the atmosphere but the place had changed in 2 years and he wasn't likely to find much unless he did.....that.

"Of course." Kip took a sharp left and led Kai to a transport module "Organics first." He gestured for Kai to go in, and without waiting transposed himself inside. Silently he set the destination to where the murder had taken place. He idely began to assemble a small army of 2 inch tall plastic soldiers that covered the floor, marching in circles.

Kai blinked, seeing what Kip was doing then started to laugh a bit. "You're a very odd avatar." he commented. "I like that you're unique though, it's refreshing." Kai said , stopping his chortling. He felt around the entire station for hints, the further out, the vaguer though, and felt a familiar mental pattern. "Uso?" he asked quietly.

"What's that? Oh, where here." The doors slid open and the diminutive army marched down the corridor, before being ambushed by tiny monster, towerring over the soldiers at four inches. Kip calmly walked past the slaughter of his creations by another of his creations and stopped at a door. "This is the one. No-one has actualy been in since soon after the event, the directors thought that due to the high priority nature of the crime, it might attract negative publicity, or people simply intrested in seeing it. Therefore we sealed it off. Oh and I spread a rumour that it was haunted." Kip shrugged, while overcoming the ridicuosly complex locking algarhythms and disarming the surprisingly strong security systems he'd installed around the door, under the perverse logic that at least the same crime wouldn't happen there again.

The door slid open silently, and Kip stood one side, his normally jovial face grim. He felt that a jovial mood would seem disrespectfull to Kai's brother. "It happaned here. Kohana's body was on the bed," he pointed to the bed, "And your brother there." He pointed to the spot where Kenji had died.

Kai followed Kip into the apartment and looked around as they entered and examined the places where the bodies were and jolted a bit like he'd been hit by a shock. In his mind he was seeing a black and white mini movie of the emotional trauma in the area.

What he saw was Kohana's youthful face lit up in excitment at seeing her sister, another neko he recognized from when he was revived. "Kikyo" He said in a quiet tone. Then dropped to his knees with tears stinging his eyes at the sudden loss of the young life. He turned to Kip for a moment then to where his brother was found and sighed and seemed to slouch in his stance, his eyes fading to white orbs for a moment. Then they relit as a brilliant blue color as his brother possessed his body, his spirit had been waiting here for two years for Kai to show. "Who are you?" He asked Kip in a more youthful tone, it matched the recordings of Kenji's voice. The new being looked to the bed and sighed, "poor Kohana...damn her sister for taking her life in cold blood."

"I am Kip, ships avatar. I presume you are Kenji." Kip looked very solemn, his eyes sad. He did not really understand what was going on, his knowledge of psionics and spirituality sketchy at best, but through comparing Kai's new voice, eye colour, a change in his hair style, even way he stood and breathed, he was certain that it was Kenji, not Kai, who was in possession of the body. "So what happened here Kenji?" He had already made a long line of judgments based on what had already been said, but he predicted that this would give a more complete view. Kip also engaged additional recording sub routines, making sure that this conversation would be saved, even more than all his conversations were saved.

"Kenji" looked at Kip and nodded. "I am. " He nodded and proceded to tell Kip precisely what transpired. "I'll condense it since I don't have much time but back in the Imperial Palace, I was to be wed to the current empress Ayame, whom agreed to be my wife. But I caught her in the arms of another man engaging in sexual intercourse, I was shattered. So I made a decision to leave but since I thought Kohana my own daughter I gave her a choic if she wished to come, which she agreed." He said and caught his breath and continued. "So we fled Yamatai and came here hoping to hide from them with assumed identites, but her older sister Kikyo had followed us here with orders to kill us both and cover it up apparently. I can guess she was sent by Uesu in an attempt to save Ayame's feelings. " Kenji felt his spiritual hold fading, he didn't have too long. "In the end Kikyo lured Kohana into that room to show her her new ....garments, Kikyo proceeded I imagine to shoot her in the head. Then she faced me, I could have struck her down but being the better man, I did not. She killed me and I saw her arranging the room to cover it up to fit the story." Kenji said.

Kenji sat down as the eyes faded to white then back to normal, Kai was back. "And that's the story..." He said tears forming. "I can't believe they'd do something like this to someone who'd just want to live in peace..." He said panting a little, spiritual possesssions did take a lot out of your stamina. "Kip, you got a full recording of that right?"

"No Kai, but I think we have enough." Kip was shocked by what he had been told playing havoc with his emotions, and bringing him to acting almost emotionosly. At the same time he sent the file to someone he knew would be intrested, it would answer several questions he had. "It is perverse that they should wish to live in peace, yet to be killed in such a manner, and by her own sister." Kip shook his head, "I simply do not understand how it can happen." He paused, "Will you be alright?" He asked, suddenly feeling very empathic towards the emotionaly straught Kai. He even considered putting an arm around his shoulder, but physical contact wasn't Kips's forte, and he never knew when to use it or not. He erred on the side of caution.

Kai shook his head sighing, still reclining in the chair. "I'll be fine Kip" He said. "It's just a lot to process at one time, kind of like how a computer backs up if you put too much information in it at one time." He said so Kip could relate.

"Kip, who was the person who sent me the information originally? Do you know?" He asked. "I'd like to meet this person."

"Yes I know who sent it. However he wishes to keep his identity anomynous, or at least did. This may have changed his mind. If you will give me a second I'll see."

Kip oponed up a message to the man in question "Kai wishes to meet you. What should I tell him?"

In a dark room many decks away a figure read the message. He thought about this, he hadn't necceasarily wanted to meet Kai, he had hoped simply giving him the information would be enough. He didn't really want to become more involved than he already had, at least not in a way that anyone other than he recognised.

"Alright, I will see him later. First show him the surprise. It's at Emrys' restraunt." The figure cracked his knuckles, and sent out his mind to search for Kai's. He could feel a small part of his pain.

Kai sat recovering from his bout of spiritual possession and eventually stood up and dusted himself off. This place was heavy with old emotions and trauma, heartache... to any other person it was just an empty house but to someone like Kai it was a vortex of negative emotions. "Let's find a less cloying atmosphere are there any good restauraunts here on the Horizon?" He asked Kip as he started for the door. He was feeling the edges of something unknown and it was a huge curiousity to him but he couldn't put his finger on it. Who was this?

Kip recieved the message from the figure "Well if it's a restraunt you want, then there's no better than Emrys, they serve great food." Kip walked out the room, preparing to seal it again afterwards. Kip tried to lighten Kai's mood, not by any noticible effect, but by using the correct frequency of sound waves under the human hearing spectrum, combined with brightening the corridors slightly.

Kai nodded and headed out, smiling slightly at Kip's efforts to ease his mind appreciating it. He headed off through the Horizon, thinking about the incident; Kenji had provided the entire story and possibly put Uesu and Kikyou into the limelight of guilt. The psion shrugged and walked into the restaurant and sat down, ordering a drink or ice tea and a bite to eat.

Elena had been in the restauraunt helping out, earning her keep in the Horizon, she was suppressing her excitement that Uncle Kip and Zeke had told her that someone special would be in today possibly. The young girl who looked about 11 was cleaning dishes in the back, a menial task that the station's computers could've done but they needed something for her to stay out trouble. "I wonder who this person could be? Uncle Zeke told me that it was someone who'd been looking for me for a while..." She giggled giddily.

Kip apeared in the seat next to Kai, heralded by a flash of light and a three bar picalo riff.

"Drop of whisky please waiter." He called out, putting his feet on the table, materialising a wide brim hat and pulling over his eyes, and creating a synthetic cigar to smoke. "How are you doing Kai?" He asked, eyes hidden behind his hat.

Kai shook his head at Kip, "Wish I could teleport around like that." He said with a snicker, trying to lighen up. "I'm alright, well at least the truth's out in the open now. Hey do you know if someone called Uso is on the ship? She likes black bodysuits, green hair, pretty eyes, large...um..bust." He asked blushing slightly.

Elena took the whiskey that was requested and takes it out to Kip and sets it on the table, she was a pretty red-haired and icy blue eyes. She had a small build of a 13 year old despite being 15 she smiled seeing Kip. "Uncle Kip!" she laughed and looked up him. She looked at Kai and blinked as if she recognized him but not quite putting it 100% together. "who's your friend?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back