• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Nomenclature

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Suggestion - I think for the purpose of organizing the International Nomenclature system should be required, while factions etc can have their own systems all product should be required to have the international one in the name of consistency.

Wes and I are volunteering to help deal with this if needed.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Having an international nomenclature code should be required for approval, and in the past was. Just because your faction has excuses not to use it doesn’t mean the information can’t exist within non-factional Kikyo Sector databases.

I think there's no reason IC for people not to use international nomenclature since it's important to international trade.

I'm going to be looking at the SPNS and the "alt" systems and seeign if there's improvements I can make to accomodate merging the "alt" systems variations into the standard one.

The main thing seems to be the alternate factions didn't want to use the standard years from the Yamataian calendar.

Based on the votes, it looks like this is a popular suggestion!

I'm going to add a new field for local nomenclature to the struct and we can put the factional ones in there and free up the existing slot for international nomenclatures. If the products are all on struct, adding international nomenclatures should be pretty easy using a table.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back