• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC Norian Arrival OOC Thread

@Enandra I'm curious, did you say that your character was tapping NDC Communications? I'd appreciate being asked about that kind of thing beforehand, if you don't mind in the future, since the NDC tends to use pretty secure communications, on par with just about everyone else in the setting. Things like laser or neutrion communications are nearly impossible to intercept, and quantum communication, which the NDC uses for a lot of stuff, is full-stop impossible to intercept without already having the entanglement key.

It's definitely possible to broadcast stuff over an "open" channel that anyone can receive, but off-handed "cracking" the NDC comm-net feels a bit weird to me.

@Enandra I'm curious, did you say that your character was tapping NDC Communications? I'd appreciate being asked about that kind of thing beforehand, if you don't mind in the future, since the NDC tends to use pretty secure communications, on par with just about everyone else in the setting. Things like laser or neutrion communications are nearly impossible to intercept, and quantum communication, which the NDC uses for a lot of stuff, is full-stop impossible to intercept without already having the entanglement key.

It's definitely possible to broadcast stuff over an "open" channel that anyone can receive, but off-handed "cracking" the NDC comm-net feels a bit weird to me.
didn't think about that and i am new my bad.

Great, I will post once a few more people get theirs in.

Just a reminder, waiting on posts in Fireplace so we can get this battle and operation wrapped up!

@Wes you want to get in a post before I do?

I am planning on one tonight but if you want to post just do it because I'm flexible and don't want to hold you up. In other words I had my chance and it's fair if you skip me.

I can wait until tonight! Might be a day or two before I get my next set of posts in, had an adverse reaction to a med last night. So will only be doing "light" stuff for the next 24 to 48 hours.

Last edited:
Oh man, sorry to hear that! Seems like they can never find the right combo for you, man.

Posted, I hope we can get things wrapped up now so we're not taking away from Year End plans. Maybe try to finish everything up in your posts this next round. Also, remember everyone is welcome in the RP - [Tsenlan] A Moment to Grieve thread.

Thank you, everyone, for the amazing posts, in advance of this being finished up!

It was fun being apart of it.
Thank you.

Okay everyone, get your final posts in. Also, I know I owe a post on the funeral, have been a bit under the weather so I am a bit slow replying. I will get to it before the end of the weekend I promise!

Posted Medals for any Non-Resurgence SAOY I could find in posts in the Arrival. If I missed your character let me know and link me to one of the posts with them in it.

I don't think 4th Fleet has many active characters in, but the Wyvern was there with the BATONs and I think has a couple. I don't mind awarding the ribbons for both as their manager.

I don't think 4th Fleet has many active characters in, but the Wyvern was there with the BATONs and I think has a couple. I don't mind awarding the ribbons for both as their manager.
As long as the characters are posted, that would be fine.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back