• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Norian Species

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/yamatai-trans-universal-reunions.69172/
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=species:norian
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree

Norians have been previously approved and grandfathered into the setting as they participated in roleplay with Yamatai and the NDI previously. I just wanted to get them into the template. I have some cultural and historical (the history section itself will improve vastly when this is done, just it is hard to sum up over 20 years of RP) articles I intend to submit forthcoming but this is a good baseline.

@Wes

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Approved! I think I may have some older Norian articles in my wiki articles if you want me to try to dredge them up.

Approved! I think I may have some older Norian articles in my wiki articles if you want me to try to dredge them up.
Thanks Wes, I did remove some today because I condensed them in.

I'm going to get some updated history and other articles together but I will wait for our RP to finish in Transuniversal Reunions when you have time to respond.

I know this is a little late, but I think a couple details seem a little vague and if possible, I'd like to see a bit more written on them:

Norians have highly developed minds, and are encouraged to pursue knowledge and cultivate a deeper understanding of themselves and the universe

I guess I just want to know, like...how developed? Do their minds bestow any unique capabilities? Are they faster at reacting, more processing power, would they beat a human at chess, Etc.

Norians prefer the dark and have to wear coverings to protect themselves in brightly lit environments.

So I understand that they prefer the dark, but what happens if they go into brightly-lit environments without the necessary protection? Do they have any benefits that help them in the dark (like night vision). Maybe their eyes glow a lot, which aids them with seeing in the dark? Maybe in the light their eyes end up taking in too much light and they're blinded or have a chance to ruin their vision.

This is all I can think of for the time being, but I may have more. That said, I like the trade-off between agility and physical strength.

It seems I didn't c/p some of their enhanced biology points

• Night vision - Due to the adaptation to the dark, Norians have nearly twice as many rods in their retina to assist with seeing in the dark. However, they often need to wear protective eyewear such as sunglasses to adapt to bright light environments.
  • Advanced Mind - Norians have increased processing ability, and are considered highly intelligent. This along with their telepathy (vesper) abilities are often enhanced more with the additions of technologies 3)

I've added the above which further explains. In terms of their minds, further enhancement is generally done if they join the military because they form vespers with their mindhives (biological AI).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back