• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Not generic and unique introduction

Luno

Inactive Member
Hello all, new player here. This is my first sci-fi rp! I've been in a couple others, but playing EVE Online and watching Dark Matter has gotten me tempted to join a site like this one. Nice meeting you all!

What do you call yourself? Luno

How'd you find Star Army? I found it through RPG-Directory.

What interested you in joining? Mostly inspiration from Eve Online and sci fi shows like Dark Matter.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before? Yeah, on other forum sites.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? - Male. Never played female before >_>
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? - Either
  • Military or civilian characters? - I've only done civilian, but I definitely want to try military here.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? - I've only done humans, but the rest sound fun too!
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? - Starship! Especially giant sized ones!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? - Forum posts, but I'd like to try real-time too.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 2
What's something cool you'd love to RP? I think it would be cool to rp as a twin, and have someone else play the other.

Welcome, Luno! Thanks for giving Star Army a try!

Our character-making process is a little fancier than some sites because it involves a big-ass wiki so if you need a hand let us know.

The more important challenge, though, is hooking your character up with a storyline - some people (look for the blue Game Master banners) run already-active roleplaying plotlines (which usually have a subforum)--which is the easy way. The other, more difficult way is to run your own RP (Open RP is good for this), and that it involves finding partners, hence the challenge. Both ways are entirely doable so whatever works best for you. As a new player I recommend the easy way (latching on to an ongoing RP) and getting a feel of the universe.

If you join the Star Army or another playable military faction, you can just say your character just got transfer orders to the ship where the RP is happening, which is a convenient option.

Since you liked dark matter, I will plug my plot, the Baba Yaga. We are an independent space/ground pirate plot. Everything is better with pirates!

EVE Online

I see you're a man of culture as well! I flew Dreds and battleships for years.

Welcome to the site, I run the Aquila Flight plot, Revolving around space-fighter combat if its ever something ye interested in~

I recommend jumping in the discord and hanging around. Plenty of experienced people in there that can help you find plots, Help you with lore and history and making a character or just chat around with. As Wes said the wiki is MASSIVE and can be intimidating. So its good to have people on hand that can and are willing to help out.

Untitled.png

~Char

Sorry I’m a bit late to the party, but WELCOME! I had the pleasure of talking to you in the Discord, but this is my official SARP welcome.

This is quite honestly one of the funniest, craziest, friendliest group of humans (maybe... we have a mecha and a wasp, along with a few others), and everyone (that I’ve met) is more than happy to help in any way they can.

If you’re looking for a dirty, gritty, military-style RP Nepleslia is the place to look. The NSMC 309th is a pretty cool plot, and the Inquiry is great-looking too (I have yet to place a character there). If you want sleek, fancy, anime-style military Yamatai is definitely the place to be, and has plenty of active plots. My personal favorites are the Kaiyo II and Hana, though I have yet to join the Eucharis. If you want to be a pirate, I suggest checking out the Independent factions and such. I’m not experienced enough to delve into those factions yet, and honestly the whole pirate/mercenary doesn’t vibe well with me, though I do intend to join them one day. Just my personal opinions from what I’ve seen. There are also plenty of civilian plots to join as well.

As others stated, the Wiki is just plain big and ugly-looking... at first. After a few visits creating articles and navigating it become second nature. Like I’ve stated above (and others have said), just ask and someone will be more than happy to guide you through it. My guide was Ame, as well as some self-teaching, though I don’t consider myself a master or veteran to the monster called SARP Wiki.

Also, I saw you play EVE Online and watch Dark Matter... I think we’ll get along great! If you ever need anything just let me or someone else on the site know and we will try our best to answer/help. Welcome to SARP, and enjoy your stay!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back