• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Not so much an introduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyn

Inactive Member
Since this is an old account of mine. But it's been many, many moons since I used it. Back in the day life (and crappy Middle Eastern internet connections) got in the way of participating. So I bowed out, though I couldn't tell you if I had the courtesy of saying so, or if I just disappeared. :oops:

Still, while looking, and failing to find, for a good game IRL to scratch my sci-fi itch, I remembered this place. If figure I'd give it another go, though what exactly to try I'm not sure. I'm going to poke around a bit and see what I missed in the past... three years? :eek:

Wow! Welcome back! We're still going strong and looking for players. Let me know if you need anything.

Been reading through the beginner guides and started poking through the news threads. Got some ideas for a new character that have been bouncing around for a while now. But Wes, if you don't mind me asking, I've got a quick question. I had just one character when I disappeared, but he was peripheral at best to anything resembling important events. If I wanted to bring him back in, is the etiquette to assume that he's had some boring and entirely uneventful post for time I've been gone? Or could I bring him in as a new character with a blank slate?

It's standard to assume he's been doing some stuff that's not that notable. Cirrus has a squad of inactive players so you could just transfer him to the active squad or to a new assignment (NSS Venus, etc) if you like. Or you could roll a new character.

Might end up doing both actually. Have the old guy serve out his hitch on Cirrus and then get transferred over to a ship posting, and make a more actiony character as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back