• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

NovaCorp Listings?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Rob, can you post links/stat to the latest from NovaCorp? I'm interested in having some sales happen (Was particularly thinking the Champion cargo ship).

I will but most products are currently undergoing a serious rethink right now... and it's being done slowly by me and an insane sci-fi obsessed friend from school... meh

oooh yeah! i just wanted to ask well... two questions:

1) are the TTD, it's scientific concepts or plans available for sale?

2) is it possible to use the CDD (or something derived from) as a weapon?

1) No, not at all. In fact, less and less of the Star Army ships (percentage-wise) have TTDs as new ships are often built without them. It's a highly-restricted and generally unnecessary technology. Why leave the universe, anyway?

2) Er...I suppose. But, why? On related note, remember the Ki-F2 had this:
Directed Fold Cannon (1): This powerful weapon distorts space in much the same way as a hyperspace fold generator does. However, the fold cannon instead of warping the target to another location, it warps the target into a star, a black hole, or perhaps each molecule of the target will warp to a different locale. The cannon has a wide variety of alternative uses, such as capturing and moving large quantities of plasma or anti-matter. It is can even be used to transport other vessels and the firing vessel itself safely. The DFC is removed on the civilian model.

Primary Purpose: Anti-starship
Secondary Purpose: Transportation
Damage: Variable (Zero to Total) over a 5-mile spherical radius.
Range: Effectively unlimited (However, the sensors only see so far).
Rate of Fire: Once every fifteen seconds.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.

1) No, not at all. In fact, less and less of the Star Army ships (percentage-wise) have TTDs as new ships are often built without them. It's a highly-restricted and generally unnecessary technology. Why leave the universe, anyway?

... it's quicker?

2) ooo... sounds painful :) well i'm gonna start on weapon design right away ^__^

I think the TTD is not used very often because it's slightly more dangerous (not to mention uncomfortable) than more conventional means of travel, which are adequate. I mean, the CDD will get you anywhere within Imperial territories within a day at most. Why risk ending up in the middle of a sun or something?

weeell... what if you DONT want to do something in a day? i mean... say the NDI declared war on the YSE, the SA could port a fleet or two right on top of (or behind) the NDI planets, fleets etc... plus it would be very good for escaping weaponry that would easily destroy your ship rather than trying to engage other FTL engines or maneuver out of the way.

I think the the TTD needs to be recharged for a few minutes every time you use it. So SA ships can't just constantly teleport out of enemy fire.

TTD is very useful for letting a whole fleet sneak up on somebody though. That's a tactic that has been used in the past, notably against the Jaaq'tah. Appear out of nowehere in an enemy system, pound the planets' defenses for a few minutes while the TTD on each ship recharges, and then disappear before the enemy could organize any counterattacks on the fleet. Not very effective against well-defended planets, but very annoying. :)

The thing is, there isn't really a need to have ships carry their own TTD systems. Hyperspace fold systems can get ships across Yamatai and beyond in a miniscule amount of time, if you really needed to get somewhere fast. TTDs are only for coming in and out of the YSE universe (the SARP).

The Nozomi's stats page said:
Speed (CDD): .20 to 250,000c using combined distortion system.
Speed (Hyperspace Fold): ~55,897,786c (5LY/min)
Speed (TTD): Has none. TTD Must be externally attached to the ship.

aah... well i think i'll have to stick to the hyperspace fold drive... seeing as it can go anywhere in like no time o_O

ty for the info :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back