• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character NPC - Mikasa Sorano

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner, Nash. Two things.

1. I can't approve the katana part, but I'm curious about whether it's proper for her to be wearing a sword at all. That's usually a Samurai thing ... but I can't find anything that says an officer CAN'T carry a sword. It just feels wrong; no justification for it.

2. Why did she switch from Geshrin to Neko, considering Neko were/are an entirely different race and such?

The reason for the transition to the Neko was to be a better soldier, after all few years later the SAoY insisted that all Geshrin either upgrade or get out during the Species restriction act.

As for the Sword, there is nothing that I can find about restrictions on wearing a sword. It takes more than a sword to be a samurai. And as an Admiral, who is going to tell her she can't?

I do not expect you to do the approval on the actual sword submission, that's in the Tech Forum awaiting approval.

It is not uncommon for Star Army officers to carry swords, especially in formal situations (they were almost always worn with the formal whites).

I have to agree there. Even in today's military, a sword is awarded when you receive your commission. The carry part maybe less so, but it doesn't seem far off for officers to have a sword at least.

The actual wearing of the sword was all that threw me off. As long as the justification for her transferring to the Neko body is in there, that's all that matters to me. Add that in and I'll approve it right up.

That's what I deserve for drive-by replying.

This GM-level NPC is approved for IC usage. The katana in question was not approved at the same time as the character, but as this is a GMNPC, the lack of approval of a unique character item shall not impede the character's IC use.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back