• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [NPF] Styrling HRRT

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alright, I'll take care of this one since no one else snagged it up first.
Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. I feel like this should be made with the Clothing Item Template, since it's not quite power armor but is still a wearable piece of equipment.
2. Please link to the article for JANEs.
3. There should be text giving a short overview of the item just below the title of the page. You could possibly move the piece of text underneath the statistics to above the image.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Last edited:
Apologies then. I recalled at the time you saying you had no use for the mamba art and to go nuts~
If thats the case, Tho. Since i need to format it to the clothing article i'll be editing it to use the ballistic vest and add some text under the image and in the article about its usage but in NPF navy-blue a bit later today.

Apologies then. I recalled at the time you saying you had no use for the mamba art and to go nuts~
If thats the case, Tho. Since i need to format it to the clothing article i'll be editing it to use the ballistic vest and add some text under the image and in the article about its usage but in NPF navy-blue a bit later today.
I had no use; it's fine for you to use the art.

I'm saying that the actual body armor that is worn as part of the Mamba (the chest armor) is intended to actually be a new variant of the Ballistic Vest.

Ive added the text under the main header and linked to the JANE where applicable and added the usage section that was the main missing component from the clothing template. Also added some nomenclature stuff the clothing template doesnt offer but i assume as armor would be required.

However...

Other than the usage section that was missing from the clothing template that I've added was anything in particular amiss in the article. @MrMister was the original creator of this article and im rather fond of the sheer detail they put into the way they wrote and listed the details. And every change i've fiddled around with just feels like im lessening the article and the detail they put into it by doing so. So unless its a major hindrance to style and formatting that cant be overlooked if at all possible i'd rather like to keep it the way it is with just the addition of the usage section from the clothing template.

GAaah I'm sorry I completely forgot about this! I was super busy getting ready and moving into my dorm at college.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Note: I'm going to start moving all the article in the :styrling_vervaardiging namespace to the one the company seems to use which is :styrling. Please make Styrling articles in that namespace in the future.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back