• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [NPF] Styrling Nova Pistol

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ]10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. There should be some text after the title of the page, as indicated in the weapon template.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks like there's small errors of things not being capitalized and stuff? Might be just me seeing things tho.

FM Approved.

No, That's usuall me thing. A mild case of dyslexi and messed up shaking hands make me miss a lot. I fixed a couple things that needed to be capitalized and a couple spelling mistakes as well as added a little bit of text under the title.

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. It appears that the alerts were being buggy.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ]10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

@Charmaylarg Dufrain - Would you mind changing the tiers of the Sonic Suppression Rifle to the values listed below, please? It's because having the weapon at its current tiers makes it too powerful when compared to other pistols within the setting.
  • Pistol Configuration: Tier 2, Medium Anti-Personnel
  • SMG Configuration: Tier 1, Light Anti-Personnel
  • Shotgun Lens Configuration: Tier 1, Light Anti-Personnel

Last edited:
you mean the nova? (I know ye a busy boy, Frost. Sometimes you got so much going on ye don't even notice~)

The whole reason I made this was as a niche weapon to rival the HHG in terms of stopping power for the NPFs officers facing large bullet resistant ID-SOL or armored criminals or gangs, And even be a small threat to armored opponents. Is there any way I can appease this and still keep its damage above T1 like lowering the ammo capacity (currently set at 30 per battery magazine) or even bringing it down to T2 for the pistol? (the shotgun is already more or less T1, ill just erase the t1-2 part for that.)

Ive lowered its DR rating from T3 to T2. The SMG configuration does the same damage as the pistol so ive left it as is, but removed the option for a three round burst and instead its just as fast as you can pull the trigger on semi auto for various reasons. Ive also lowered the ammo capacity to 20 rounds instead of 30 considering in hindsight thats a bit much and a 20 round charge for the SMG as well isnt all that low.

The shotgun ive left as is as well. Considering it spreads the beam over a cone of damage limiting it to just T1 im not ok with and T1-2 wasnt really unreasonable. It Needs to be in the SMG configuration (Stock and barrel, Or even just the barrel) to use any of the extra features like being the shotgun, Or suppressed or an invisible beam. So its not possible to have it as an all in one and also be a pistol.

ive left out any option for a stronger shot kind of beam by holding the trigger recomended to me. Thats really close to something im making in the future and ill save it for that and not step on my own toes considering its going to be similar to the nova in some aspects.

Thanks for making the changes, @Charmaylarg Dufrain, and I honestly am sorry about the removal of the shotgun's Tier 1/Tier 2 aspect (which represented its damage potential at longer and closer ranges), as yeah: I totally understand where you're coming from in assigning it a higher DR. It's because I asked SirSkully to remove a similar "feature" on the Trike - and it's because DRv3 unfortunately lacks a way of taking such things into account, which is something that should be discussed in the future. >v<

RPG-D RPGfix
Back