• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check NPF Swat-Style Plot

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
Crew 32 aside there is a staggering lack of Nepleslia based civilian plots, Let alone Nep plots not locked behind the 18+ age gate.

Lets rectify that.

My aim is to make a plot revolving around the now canonically approved NPF's DTR teams, The nepleslian version of SWAT. But better. The average beat-cops of the imperium are ill equipped adn under trained to deal with the everyday nonsensical violence and mayhem in its hive cities that range from drug fueled street wars and high risk crimes to loosed science experiments from nearby labs and insane assassination plots. They are the hard-stop and answer to these problems and more as the plot follows the lives of the average DTR team just trying to live and fight while keeping the image as the elite of nepleslias finest long enough to make it to the next paycheck.

The plot is intended to have a degree of seriousness mixed in with frequent humor the likes of everyone's favorite police academy and naked gun moments, Reinforcing these moments that while the officers are the best the NPF has to offer, They are still civilians and not the hardened and disciplined marines of the NSMC or the silent cold and often heartlessly efficient operators of the IPG. But instead just the average John and Jane nepleslian doing their part for one reason or another to make sure their home doesn't crumble and burn for at least another week.

The age requirement for this is intended to be bellow the 18+ age gate and be new player welcoming and friendly.

For this the rating is intended to be:
212.png

Language and violence will be more than acceptable but sexuality will mostly be limited to implied situations and outside the plot in JP form by two or more 18+ individuals only.

Theres no particular limit to players or requirement for characters in the plot so long as they fit to a degree. A mishu floating through the streets of roger wilco alongside his fellow DTR squaddies or a 10 foot tall partisan with a grenade launching arm and a flamethrower however are slightly discouraged as such examples.

Also, Considering how much material i have written for this plot its going to be rather long-running and while there isnt a high chance of death in the plot unless someone wishes death or bodily harm to their characters there will always be consequences to certain actions. Shooting through a hostage or endangering the charges you are sworn to protect as an officer of the law and other such situations can see the very system you serve turning against you and wont simply be waved away...

Mumble Mumble Mumble Contraband locked away in the home precinct as trophies on the plot page.

Glad to see some actual interest! Im going to wait a little bit before starting, Not a long wait tho. So maybe early-mid September. So plenty of time to make a char or inquire through Dm's, Or on the discord "Sister Disco (Char)#0655" while i submit some last minute NPF stuff through the NTSE to make it all ready and good to go!~

The NPF has extensive Gear Options to customize your char with, All of it being standard issue to the NPF so you dont need to blow any of your chars starting 6,000 DA on anything on that list. As well as the fact that like most of nepleslia there is no real constraint on personal equipment so if you can afford it you can bring it along unless its unreasonable for an officer to have. And some of the perps you take down may or may not have bounties that can be cashed in on in the future so that 6,000 DA wont hold you back for long, Though i am a fan of progression so dont expect to have your final min/max character gear build any time soon.

The NPF as well has a Rank structure. The DTR Teams are a fairly new thing to nepleslia, Being only officially founded in YE 38 so there is plenty of wiggle room for anyone not really knowing any of the police stuff since none of the teams are particularly considered veterans yet.

Well I guess my friend is gonna die, rip

Seriously tho I would have joined but im not in a very eas position to do so at the current time. Maybe sometime next month or November

@Charmaylarg Dufrain I can't get you upgraded for two reasons.
1: You've not completed 2 threads.
2: Your only GM experience so far has been 1 thread so I can't use pretense to just drop it on you.

Wes can maybe assign the GM banner but the board can't come and I can't slap a giant official sticker on it yet until one of those two completes and warrants landing you a board. Plots rarely start boarded because usually only a known-GM can get one slapped up. Or they've met the requirements to earn it (2 threads completed).

Worry about the plot and u doods break some doors; I can always push like I did for SPT when Crimefest met the requirements and get your board landed.

since its being discussed i'll just put it out there that i don't think Crew 32 will ever really need a board but an RP tag maybe when we get a couple threads done would be pretty cool just to help identify it easier

since its being discussed i'll just put it out there that i don't think Crew 32 will ever really need a board but an RP tag maybe when we get a couple threads done would be pretty cool just to help identify it easier
I'll make u get a board when the time comes. Just like I do all Nep GMs.

Because I am here to BULLI MY FACTION'S GMs. Super AWFUL BOSS-SNAKE.

PLOT UPDATE!

Recently due to this global health crisis things have slowed down a bit and the plot has lost a few players.

I still have 3-4 players but the plot is kinda slow rn due to lethargy so I'm looking to inject NEW BLOOD into it by re-advertising it!

The premise hasn't changed and neither have any of my planned goals for it so if anyone has civilian, retired, or even military characters currently between enlistments from around the kikyo sector looking for work I've got room for them (so long as they wont break the immersion of a SWAT-style team with something like a giant killer wardroid, Someone who only uses swords in an occupation that is more tactical based, etc.)

If i don't get any takers i might let the plot retire temporarily until i can garner some new hype for it and move onto a ship or IPG based plot which nep really lacks atm.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back