Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• Current IC Month: 7月 YE 42 (through October 11, 2020)

New Submission NSMC Sniper mini-bulk submission

SirSkully

FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Hey so, here's some new pages. One for the NSMC sniper occupation, one for a rifle, two for ammo and one for a scope, I'll have the occupation as the "main" article but they are all intertwined.

It's basically a modernization of their most used rifle and ammo, I don't like touching old pages, that's scary.

@Charmaylarg Dufrain give yer approval publicly, when you have a moment, big man

Syaoran

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
Why are there two separate pages for ammo? And when you say modernization what are you modernizing? Are you just updating the DRs or what?

SirSkully

FM of Neshaten
Game Master
One is meant to be a generic 7.8x74mm Magnum round I can edit onto the old Designated Sharpshooter Rifle page while the other is more nuanced stuff made by Galactic Horizon specifically for the new rifle - and no it isn't just updated DRs, its "here's a new model of an old rifle, that has been upgraded and altered".

Hence why it is called the model 2.

That clear things up?

Edit: and to further clarify, the "generic" ammo didn't have a separate page before.

Syaoran

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
Alright, we'll handle the rifle itself first.
  • The rifle should primarily be referred to by it's real name, or an abbreviation in it's article, not a homage to another gun, that can cause confusion and make people feel like they suddenly started reading a different article if they forget. (My suggestion would be jut to include model 2 in the actual name of this rifle)
  • Looking at the ammo page the heavier ammunition have higher recoil, but that needs to be mentioned on the weapon's page as well.

Charmaylarg Dufrain

FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Ive already given skully my unofficial thumbs up so I'm here to give the official thumbs up for these articles as Nep FM.

The nep sniper page especially I'm ok with and as a grandfathered page due to the old ones being ripped due to ligma should hopefully only need to be reviewed for spelling and such.