• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama [NSS Sledge Mama] Ep. 3 - Into Steel

CadetNewb

"Marines," Ylfa began sternly, eyes boring into them all. "I won't name names, but you all know who you are." The Master Sergeant was seated, her hands steepled as she spoke. "You all know we're here so that I can cover your mistakes, but some of these...absolutely ridiculous!," the blond exclaimed, bringing a fist down into the table and bouncing slightly. "I mean who the hell tries to get Closer to a Mishhu?! I mean, I can understand if it's circumstances or something, but to try and tackle or ram the things? Damnit, they can literally tear your arms out of your sockets and beat you with them, power armor nothing!" the woman exclaimed, leaping to her feet as she angrily looked at them all. "And reaching straight for the chainblade? Really?!" Furiously taking in the expressions they all wore for a moment, Ylfa eventually relented with a sigh and sat down at the cafeteria table to take another sip of her coffee. "Really, I feel like I got a headache coming on," she whined a little.

"You too huh?" Emi asked, sour. The NMX Neko POW sat at Ylfa's left. Bound to her with a Nerimium chain her green eyes kept an eye on her plate as she prodded her Enchiladas with distaste. Just sitting there in the cafeteria with them all, let alone the tall blonde next to her, she seemed so small and short. Practically a petite surrounded by Nepleslian heavy hitters all around, Emi more or less looked like a highschooler with white hair and a tan. Nevermind the cat ears covered in fine, soft fur.

"As though you have the right to complain," another voice quickly chopped in. Another Neko, this one the long, raven haired - and also short - beauty was the Star Army Taii they saved earlier. Like her counterpart, she was pretty unhappy, though for different reasons. "I have to listen to these fools on top of having gone through, through all the horror you put me through!" the fair skinned Neko pointed a fork at her dark skinned counterpart. The fish she had gotten from the loud, crowded cafeteria of the Sledge Mama was only half eaten, having gone somewhat neglected given her circumstances.

"Don't mind Mayumi. She's just butthurt," Emi replied, her face devoid of emotion and tone completely flat. The other Neko's face went completely red and was about to stand, but Ylfa laughed, her voice booming over the sound of many more marines eating and chatting. Despite her earlier fury, Mayumi quickly sat back down. She was still skittish from what she had gone through, but was doing her best to not let it show.

"You two," she chuckled, "Yeah, I definitely don't want kids," the marine shook her head. Looking at the rest of her squad, all freshly patched up, she went over the basics again. "Tee El, Dee Arr; don't get close to a Mishhu unless you want to either get wrecked, or end up a parent. Social Services are definitely not going to pay for that, got it?" Ylfa asked them, lazily pointing a fork laden with salad at them. "And of course, the worst part; questions?"

Last edited:
Sawyer cocked his head at the NMX neko "Is that a literal statement or a figurative one?" He asked with a slight smile on his face. "Top, what is your advice for future engagements of that nature? I think we were kinda flying by the seats of our pants and didn't have a preplanned strategy for when we encounter something of that nature. I think if we had a playbook of some kind that had general guidance on which groups should engage which opponents we would be better off."

Lisa remained silent, eating her burger. She sat on the other side of PoW neko, after all Lisa promised that no one will touch the girl. Lisa's fear was getting raped by a Misshu, so she imagined that for that neko, being raped by some horny marine would be pretty much the same thing. Besides rape was always wrong and she was sure that there would be some on this ship that would be able to do it. So Lisa sat there, her HHG at her side and watched other marines around. Plus from this side of the table she could glimpes at Mayumi's newly gained rack a lot better and that was really nice view indeed.

"What's gonna happen with Kitty-cat here?" Lisa pointed her burger at Emi. "We gonna hand her over to Yammies? Won't they just brainwash her or some shit?"

Richard was seated at the table with everyone else, but he sat at the end. Hind sight was 20/20 and he looked like an idiot. Ylfa's words only stung more as spoke about the foolishness of attacking a Mishhu in close quarters. The thought caused him to rub his right knee, which was in a soft cast after the extensive damage it took. He just kept his head down and ate his soup, especially when asked about questions, he didn't want to draw too much attention right now, now, maybe let someone ask a stupid question before he risk it.

"Yeah, where can I get some of that shit the squid hit me up with. It was intense and definitely made that fight the most enjoyable I've ever had." Mark asked with his mouth full of hot dog. "Next time, someone else gets to be the hostage negotiator because after the rude way Emi reacted to my kindness, I don't think I want to do it anymore." Mark said before taking a swig of his beer.

Last edited:
Liam sat at one end quietly eating a plate of greens and nursing a tall, cold glass of water. He said nothing, but rather listened to everyone else talk so to better get to know the personalities and attitudes of each of them. He didn't get between any of those involved in the conversation, and simply allowed his dark eyes to study the details of body language, mannerisms and how they reacted to different questions or comments. New to the unit, he made his entry a quiet one, preferring the subtle methods he had developed in his youth to noisy expression.

The sound of booted feet clicking against the metal deck grew louder as one marine approached the assembled squad, the rank on his shoulder pads clearly showed that he was a P1C. The sleeves of his pullover were rolled below the elbow, revealing the whipcord muscles of his forearm, while his beret was tucked between the shirt and the belt, the 4th Fleet logo still visible on it; He hadn't had the time to be issued new gear, or he simply didn't want to use it. He scanned the assembled squad with keen eyes, assessing, judging. Some of the marines he recognized from his time in the previous fleet, making the recognition briefly pass on his face and making him muse at how it seemed that the SMDIoN was a small place when the same people showed up in a different posting.

The marine's gaze lingered a while longer on both nekos, specifically the NMX one. It was just easy to single them out when their antithesis was right next to them. He was reminded of the neko they had found underground whilst raiding the NMX outpost on Mwigflukbajik, blind and deaf as it tattered on the ground around its own blood; He was also painfully reminded, against his will, of being buried alive a few moments later during the same mission. He waited for a break in the conversation rather than breaking the flow of it, standing there awkwardly besides the sitting marines, before he addressed the squad's NCO.

"Sergeant. Pee-One-see Stones, I was told I was transferred to this squad after the last engagement," Wulfe said to Ylfa, breaking into a sharp salute as his boots clicked together. How or why he had been transferred he didn't mention, the Master Sergeant would probably know.

"Whoa hey, it is Wulfie!" Lisa exclaimed as young marine and reported to Ylfa. "Got tired of getting shot in back by those others sods in your squad?" She asked with a giggle. The blonde took a bite of her burger and watched the young marine for a second. "I know this guy ma'am, he used to work under Staff Sarge Volkov back in 4th. Good gun rifleman, from what I heard. Heh, their team got all the interesting missions."

"Hmm," Emi began, slipping the saucy fork in between her lips for a taste as she thought. "I really wouldn't know. You'll have to ask her yourself," the NMX Neko replied to Sawyer. It seemed she took some sense of satisfaction at getting Mayumi, the Star Army Neko, to blush in silent shame. Briefly brushing her neck length white hair aside, she made a jab at her food again without missing a beat. Despite this apparent ease around them though, anyone that was paying Emi proper attention could see that her eyes would try and catch a look at them all without being noticed, and with the men in particular. It didn't seem she really was relaxed with them. Perhaps she was scared, or nervous being in the lion's den, but the Neko did her best to keep quiet and play along.

"Geeze, against squids?" Ylfa shot back at Sawyer, resting her chin on an upturned hand. "Well, no matter what kind of mood they're in - oldschool monster or neat and tidy NMX - you just gotta keep them from getting close and shoot the shit out of them. And if they're trying to run? Don't let them," she bluntly explained. "The PPG is pretty much the biggest trump card and middle finger you can give them. It's why I prefer the Hostile and not something else," the big marine added. "And if they're suppressing us? You need to coordinate movements together so they don't focus and pick us off." Before Ylfa could take another bite down, she put her fork down to answer Lisa. "Yeah. We're pretty much en-route to toss her into the box full of other kittens," the Sergeant replied. "No offense, Emi, but it's not my problem if they do that to you. Good luck and all that."

Despite saying this, she couldn't look her in the eye, even though they were chained together.

"That's a lie!" Mayumi shot back at Lisa and Ylfa. "We only take them back to where they belong, in Yamatai!" Ignoring the Neko for the moment, the woman stood up to her full height, shocking her into silence for the moment. Reaching out, she took Stones' hand in a hearty shake.

"Hmph. Lowly men always put the blame elsewhere. It's not my fault you're so big," Emi discreetly grumbled back at Mark.

"Really now? Well, good to have you marine," she gladly welcomed Stones when Lisa spoke of him. Nearly half a foot taller than the man, she was a very imposing woman, assets or not. "Go ahead and make yourself comfortable. It's just an informal debrief going over just our squad - it helps more than us hearing about how capturing the whole damned ship does, that's for sure," she added, referring to the official debrief they got. It tended to be more for officers, and lacked the important things. Like, how the Marines themselves could stay alive. Leaning over to her right and stretching an arm out, she quickly brought the brooding, raven haired Neko right up to herself in a hug - with their height differences, this meant that she was nearly smothered as half her face was swallowed up, leaving just a single eye to look about in a panic. "Hey, hey - we're just messing with you!" the bigger woman smiled pleasantly.

Scratching her on the head, Mayumi's catlike ear fluttered as the reddish tint of anger on her cheeks turned into something else.

"If I hadn't had fucking robot lungs, I'd have been a fucking woman. I'm not trying to pass the blame, it's not my fault you went all bat shit crazy on me when I was only trying to help." Mark said to Emi, glaring at the cat. "Good to have you here Stones. Take get some food, have a seat, and drink some beer why don't cha." He said, laughing. "I don't know why, but I think this cat is growing on me Sarge. Can we keep her as a unit mascot or pet or somethin'?"

Last edited:
Richard grumbled as the conversation speaking under his breath, forgetting about the fact that neko's had enhanced hearing "This is why dog girls would be better, cat's just complain all the time." He sighed and took a spoonful of his soup. He glanced over to Mark at his remark about wanting to keep one of them. He didn't say anything but looked kind of skeptical at that remark. "It's not like either of them wants to be here anyway."

"It's easy to keep a cat to stay. You just have to feed them and give them a little water and they're happy just where they are." Mark said grinning and finishing his beer. "Hey Emi, what size scratching post do you need?" He rose laughing from the table and headed off to get another beer. "Hey y'all, I'll be back in a sec."

Last edited:
"Typical men," the white haired Neko grumbled, now poking at her sautéed tomatoes and zucchini as her ears folded back. "I already told you - you were a big and scary Gaijin." Bringing the soggy food up to her mouth, she stopped to point the bit at Richard threateningly. "No we don't!" Looking, thinking for any example she could to prove her point, she jabbed a finger towards Mayumi as the other Neko kept smiling, practically falling asleep in her seat while in Ylfa's grasp. "See? See? We don't complain all the time!" She was soon realized what she just said and narrowed her eyes at Mark however. The thought that she just admitted to complaining wasn't a happy one. "My scratching post? I'd say, big enough to jam up your ass, and keep your toes just barely off the floor."

Emi punctuated that by stabbing her Enchilada like she would stab the man with a knife before eating it.

Last edited:
Liam pursed his lips slightly before smiling at the scratching post comment. He finished off his water and went to refill it. He'd not seen many units in his couple of years of Imperial service thus far like this one, but he could tell it'd be an interesting assignment. He deposited his empty plate in the autowash bin and returned to his seat.

"Alright Kitty the impaler, rather humorous." Sawyer said with a slight grin. "Everybody complains about something, as they say, the march of a million miles begins with one step and a lot of bitching."

Mark strode over and grabbed a couple of beers before sauntering back to the table to sit. "Now Emi, the only person thats gonna shove anything up my ass is Bubba, isn't that right Sarge?" Mark said with a straight face; right before he started to laugh his ass off.

Richard looked at Emi when she shouted her complaints, pointing his spoon at her in return. "Yeah and when you're not complaining you'll be pulling at my hair." His hair was rather amazing in its own right, a dark rich brown, almost mistakable for black, that was just past his shoulders and kept in neat clean dreadlocks.

"Yes, ma'am," Wulfe said after some deliberation. The marine walked around the table, finding an empty seat to take for himself, then resting his hands on his legs after he had done so, and contended himself with simply listening to the chatter from the other marines, occasionally scanning around the room in a casual manner. He found it much more rewarding to simply watch the interactions than be part of it, otherwise he would simply break the flow. At the very least, his new posting looked like more lively than the last one, and the downtime didn't consist of going to funky city to get shot at by their gangs.

Though the NMX Neko huffed to herself, crossing her arms as she did so, Ylfa chuckled as she held on to the SAoY Neko and pet her on the head. Throwing her voice to be ominously deeper, she went on, "Ah, but I thought Bubba already had his way with you Mister Villines?" the imposing woman asked villainously, gently stroking away at her Neko's head. "I was firmly under the impression that all went according to plan, but with this setback, I will have to..."

"Wha-wha-whaAAAT?!" Mayumi suddenly spat, the black haired woman shoving herself away from Ylfa. "What is this degeneracy that I am hearing?" she demanded of them. "Am I hearing that-that, something as unnatural as one man being with another has happened?" Despite her outrage as she stood bolt upright at the table, staring at them wide eyed in shock, her face glowed a brilliant red. "Who is this 'Bubba' you speak of? Is it him?" Mayumi accusingly pointed a finger at Liam. "He's suspiciously not said a word - perhaps you're absolutely ashamed of what you've done..." Her eyes feverishly rushed over to another person at the table. "And you!" she stared down Wulfe, not having heard his name earlier due to her previous giddy stupor. "You've just slinked into this table like a snake! Are you Bubba?"

The Neko Inquisition had begun.

Mark had taken a swig of his beer and was just about to swallow it when Mayumi started her investigation. Unable to contain himself, he started to bust a gut laughing and spit the beer onto Emi before falling on the floor as he continued to laugh. He gripped the table edge as he rose to his feet, his face red. "Well Sarge," He said with a large grin on his face. "You wana see how far she's willing to take this?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back