• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama [NSS Sledge Mama] Ep. 4 - Schadenfreude

Stripe nods thoughtfully. "A little- aren't the Freespacers on our side or on their own? Why would we hold an potential ally prisoner? " he asked as he leaned against the back wall, brow furrowed as he attempted to mentally take Kelly apart and figure out what made her tick.

Ah the squad banter was amusing. It was much more funny when they weren't being shot at. Still Max wasn't sure but he kinda like the name Grunt-Grunt. Still there was the question of why Kelly was in holding. Surely she knew that she wasn't a spy. Or did they? The whole attack on the station had to have the cats all in a tizzy so there was that. "I'm guessing you know more than they told us Corporal. How about you fill us in?

Jamie stepped into the briefing room, and only saw an empty room. He rubbed his chin with his cybernetic arm and thought where the briefing team would have gone. He walked over to the briefing table hoping to find something and began to look over some information using his DataJockey he had brought to request equipment and a suit of Power Armor.

Punching in some data, he sent an automated request to the ship's computer to locate his Squad leader that was assigned to him in his orders. He leaned on a section of the wall an awaited the computer or anyone to come through the doors to tell him what he needed to know.

Last edited:
Briefing Room (5 Minutes Ago)

" - and she had the most amazing knockers. Too bad about the cat ears though." Hearing his voice, the man at the head of the conversation looked up at Jamie and smugly shrugged. "Not at all man. Not at all. I was just getting to it."

It didn't take long, but the young man quickly understood the scene in front of him. A single marine stood there in the middle of the briefing room with a mop, his voice reverberating through it like any other main speaker's. Each and every single chair however, was empty as the cleaning tool was pushed across the perfectly smooth floor of the room. The only other sound, were the wheels of the utility bot as it rolled about, following after the person assigned to cleaning duty. He was late. Worse than late. He completely and utterly missed the briefing.

"DOES NOT COMPUTE," the mop bucket's electronic voice spoke, utterly bewildered. "FLAT CHESTED HUMAN FEMALES ARE SUPERIOR TO BLOATED AND UNBALANCED BOVINE-IMITATORS."

The Brig (Present)

Kelly's mischievous :3 face quickly faded into a :\ of disappointment the moment Stripe spoke.

"Well, shit. You're not just a scrub, you're a Super-Scrub!" the Freespacer started, her full and undivided attention suddenly shifting to complete abandonment of all else. "Like, big giant 'S' on your chest Scrubby!" Kelly kept on going. "In fact, you're so scrubby, yo momma - "

"C'mon, don't be so hard on the new guy," Ylfa gently interrupted. "He's kinda got a point though. Why are you even able to stand taking orders?" The machine girl gave out a cog-and-gear sigh before answering.

'The Book' we swear to, 'The Art of Never Again' is a pretty big part of us. Anarchy and all that," she explained to Stripe. However, she didn't keep her attention on him for long. Shifting her lock off of him and onto Max however, the :3 was back again. "So, the reason why they grilled me? Get a load of this guys - the Cyber Neko? I know that one. Singular. Not plural." Looking past the marine however, the Freespacer girl suddenly started waving her arm like mad. "Ganguro Girl! Haiii!~"

Rachael was standing in the back.

"Hey, I didn't intend to insult you! I was wondering what the morons up top were thinking!" Stripe exclaimed with a scowl. "The fact that you're friends with my new comrades is good enough for me- innocent until proven guilty and all that."

He then turns to face this new person. "Yo."

"Son of a bitch..." Jamie looked at the marine on cleaning duty. He probably doesn't know where his team went but it didn't hurt to ask. "Where did the last briefing team head off to, and what conversation did I just walk into?"

To him, he needed to hear both, maybe not as bad as the first one but it intrigued him.

"I always figured you were here because somehow they got you confused with some other 'spacer and thought you were smart enough to convincingly double cross us," Mark replied with as straight a face as he could manage.

The fact that they would interrogate her wasn't a surprise but he had to fight the urge to take a step closer out of curiosity when Kelly said she knew the cat creature. "Now how the fuck would you know somethin' that isn't even supposed to exist?"

Briefing Room (5 Minutes Ago)

The janitor marine shrugged.

"Hell if I know. Just check your datajocky - their location is probably there somewhere," the young man replied, soon puffing out his chest. True to his word, the moment Jamie bothered, he'd be able to find out where the others went. "As for what you walked into? Only a grand story about yours truly getting - "

"JANITORIAL DUTY FOR FRATERNIZING WITH FOREIGN MILITARY PERSONNEL IN A GENERAL PURPOSE MAINTENANCE STORAGE ROOM DURING HOSTILE ACTIVITIES," the bucket-bot cut in. The marine couldn't help but shoot his little companion with a look of annoyance before he explained.

"Getting handed the mop for hiding in a janitor's closet with a cat-girl while shit hit the fan," he sighed, pushing the mop along.

The Brig (Present)

"Insult? Me? With what you said?" Kelly asked Stripe. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The synthesized, static washed laughter poured out of Kelly's unseen speakers as her head bobbed up and down, an XD of amusement splayed over her screen-face. Winding down, she eventually settled and looked at the young man again. "Why would I be? It's not my fault you're uninformed!" the machine-girl replied, her cheery voice all smiles. Glancing over to Mark though, her head quickly rotated, jerking left and right. "If any of us wanted to do that stuff, it sure as hell wouldn't be someone like me!" she replied. "We'd probably just do something and you meat-heads would never know," Kelly added. "Now, that Cyber Neko?" the Freespacer began to answer the marines, bringing her head in closer to them.

"Thing is, I never knew about something that wasn't even supposed to exist - since all Freespacers like myself network through the Polysentience, we meet a lot of people in cyberspace, and I mean A LOT. I only met her here and there since we shared common interests," the machine in front of them explained. "You knoooow. Death to Yui, Down with Yamatai, Remove Kitty," she casually explained, sending it all off with a carefree wave of her hand. "Gassing Yamataians, sneaking Mishhu onto small and isolated ships and making sure we have cameras rolling to catch all the goodies for blackmail. That kinda stuff." The way Kelly talked about it all, it was like any other young woman talking about her hobbies. The only difference here though, was that it was all about 'returning the favor' to Yamatai.

"Seriously though?" Kelly paused. "I just thought she was a total weaboo. Who would have guessed she was made out of actual, real, live Neko?"

Jaime smiled at the remarks placed by both the bucket and the Marine, he then brought up his datajockey to his face. Low and behold he found the information, they were in the brig. Why? He didn't really care. He tucked away his jockey before about-facing himself out of the room and following the halls towards the Brig section. As he walked, he thought to himself which armors he should put in recommendations for. He had gotten used to the large, tanky bits of the Aggressor, but tacked to the Hostile's mobility. He didn't decide by the time he about hit the brig door.

He walked through and saw the group of Marines around one of the cells, and if his memory served him right, one of them looked like the Squad Leader he was assigned to. He walked up behind the group and observed, not yet thinking of a way to interrupt the conversation.

He sighed in relief- it wouldn't do to insult someone so potentially useful. Besides, how'd he learn from her if she hated his guts?

"Well," Stripe started conversationally, "I'm heading to the armoury, if someone could point me in the general direction?" he finished as he moved towards the exit.

The last thing Richard wanted to be reminded of was the Cyber Neko that took a healthy portion from his arm, though hearing that it was only one and not many gave him a weird feeling. It was easier to hate just one cat, but it meant he got thrashed by a single individual. He was actually more comfortable listening to Kelly's idea of hobbies, he had gotten used to it as disturbing as that thought would be if he thought about it.

"So when can we open the bars Kelly? I kind of want to see what the robot equivalent of getting drunk is."

Max chuckled lightly as Stripe got a proper introduction to the squad. It was good not to be the bumbling new guy again. Still Richard's comment was concerning. "I doubt they are just going to let her walk out of here. Especially if the Cats had anything with her being in here. I doubt command would listen to them but they could try and blame us for what happened. You know, paranoia and such..." commented Max turning uncomfortably.

"Drunk? Me? Equivalent?" Kelly asked, her chassis perking up in surprise. "Ok. Ok," she slowly began. "That's probably the one thing! One thing that you meatbags got over us, got it? Otherwise, well made machines like myself are objectively superior to you in every way!" the Freespacer looked away from them, crossing her arms with a dense clunk and an audible huff. Max however, caught her attention. Peering back at him, her face still turned away, Kelly's single green light traversed across her black faceplate, just enough to come into their view like a person looking at them out of the corner of their eye. She snickered. "They did. That's part of why I'm locked up too - since The Cats threw a hissy fit over a Freespacer being present, the high ups said they'd keep me locked up until they looked into it."

As Kelly spoke to the others from behind the bars though, Ylfa was already making to leave.

"Point you?" she questioned Stripe. "I'm going there myself. The rest of you guys can stick with Kelly if you want. And you," the woman turned to Jaime, "Well, pretty much the same really. It's all a hodgepodge anyways, so no formalities," she told him, lazily laying a hand on her hips. "Ylfa Diadottr. Welcome to the squad private," the Master Sergeant offered to shake his hand. Just as she did so however, a voice boomed over the intercoms.

"All hands, we have arrived at Providence. Those with permission for leave may disembark shortly." Before anything more could be said, the bars for Kelly's cell slid open, leaving them all stunned for the briefest of moments.

"You!" the burly guard yelled from his station. "Grab your shit and leave - the rest of you morons that got drunk too soon? Sleep it off!" A loud chorus of moans and groans echoed from the various cells. At this Kelly's gaze drifted to the opening in her cell and lingered there in silence. Right before she thrust both of her arms up in the air.

"Yay!~"

"Providence? This sounds like a green light for drunken hell raising if ever I heard one," Mark remarked with a sly smirk on his face. "Anyone with me on this or are you going to let the tall, crazy jackass go out by himself?"

Feeling like he was about to miss a day of drunken hell raising, Edgardo increased his pace towards the briefing room where he was told to meet his squad. However, he didn't see anyone there except for a lone marine that seemed to be on janitorial duty. "Hell0 comrade!" Edgardo said to the marine, closing the distance between them. "I was told to report to the briefing are to meet up with my new teammates. Might you know where they are?"

"Exxxxx-cellent."He drawled, leaving Kelly to catch up with her friends- he'd have to chat about her Robotics later.

"It'd have been nice if I'd been given a map or something," He grumbled under his breath, "but NOOO, apparently we're really popular with angry gun-toting jerkwads..."

Jamie took the hand and shook it. "Sorry I'm late to the party, I need to go over transfer papers and get shit assigned if that's alright." Jaime had gotten the drift on most of the ordeal that he had walked late on, but was starting to get where they were coming from.

"If were going to go on shore leave? Can we take our armors this time?" Max joked loudly. "Come on guys, first rounds on me!" he said merely heading towards the airlock to go to Providence.

As Stripe walked through the corridors, he looked up the specs of the Sledgehammer so he'd know what not to touch- he'd rather NOT blow anything friendly up, thank you very much.

Richard smirked at seeing Kelly's cell open and her being let out. "In all seriousness though, do robots have any kind of equivalent? Like overclocking or something?" He stretched lightly and then yawned, but paused at Max' remark, taking a moment to realize he was joking. "A good drink is always welcome after a good day's work." He spoke as he followed Max out, planning to head to the bar with him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back